Job Identification : 11595
Locations : New Delhi, India Bangalore, India Chandigarh, India Jaipur, India Kolkata, India Guwahati, India
Posting Date : 09/01/2023, 06:28 AM
Apply Before : 09/17/2023, 06:29 PM
Job Schedule : Full time
Agency : UNDP
Grade : NPSA-5
Vacancy Type : National Personnel Service Agreement
Practice Area : Health
Bureau : Regional Bureau for Asia and the Pacific
Contract Duration : 1 Year with Possibility for extension
Education & Work Experience : Bachelor’s Degree – 2 year(s) experience OR High School certificate- 5 year(s) experience
Required Languages : English, and Hindi
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion are core principles at UNDP: we value diversity as an expression of the multiplicity of nations and cultures where we operate, we foster inclusion as a way of ensuring all personnel are empowered to contribute to our mission, and we ensure equity and fairness in all our actions. Taking a ‘leave no one behind’ approach to our diversity efforts means increasing representation of underserved populations. People who identify as belonging to marginalized or excluded populations are strongly encouraged to apply. Learn more about working at UNDP including our values and inspiring stories.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
UNDP has been working in India since 1951 in almost all areas of human development. Together with the Government of India and development partners, we have worked towards eradicating poverty, reducing inequalities, strengthening local governance, enhancing community resilience, protecting the environment, supporting policy initiatives and institutional reforms, and accelerating sustainable development for all.
With projects and programmes in every state and union territory in India, UNDP works with national and subnational government, and diverse development actors to deliver people-centric results, particularly for the most vulnerable and marginalized communities. As the integrator for collective action on the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) within the UN system, we are committed to supporting the Government of India’s national development vision and priorities and accelerating the achievement of the SDGs for the people and the planet.
UNDP India’s Country Programme (2023-2027) builds on our prior work and aims to provide an integrated approach to development solutions in three strategic portfolios:
- Strong, accountable and evidence-led institutions for accelerated achievement of the SDGs.
- Enhanced economic opportunities and social protection to reduce inequality, with a focus on the marginalized.
- Climate-smart solutions, sustainable ecosystems and resilient development for reduced vulnerability.
South-South cooperation, gender equality and social inclusion are promoted across the pillars. The programme is supported by a framework of renewed partnerships and blended finance solutions, strategic innovation and accelerator labs, and data and digital architecture.
You are invited to join a team of future-smart development professionals to support India in achieving the national and globally agreed goals. As part of the UNDP team, your focus will be to work with diverse stakeholders to find country-specific solutions that lead to sustainable development and reach those furthest behind first.
In India UNDP is a long-standing partner of the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoHFW) and its institutions at the State and District level. Guided by the government, the UNDP India work is fully carried out in close coordination with partner UN agencies and is focusing on better health services provided to population of India.
The overarching goal of UNDP’s work on health system strengthening in India is to facilitate equitable access to basic services by strengthening capacities of communities to demand and access services, and of institutions to deliver quality, timely and stigma free services and LNOB (Leaving no one behind).
The Gavi Alliance co-funded Health System Strengthening (HSS) programme is one of the efforts of the MoHFW to improve the quality and level of immunization coverage in India. UNDP has been a trusted partner of MoHFW and GAVI for many years in this flagship programme that has nationwide coverage and has supported vaccine delivery to over 1 billion people. The initially developed solutions (eVIN and CoWIN) have proven themselves well and now UNDP is given a unique opportunity to develop and integrate a new universal vaccination solution – U-Win – which will be the focus on the next phase of support.
While a large part of the HSS programme is related to digital solutions development, capacity building and implementation, it also includes technical support to the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare for prevention and management of non-communicable diseases, Neglected Tropical diseases and for leveraging technologies to track high risk pregnancies and thereby reduce maternal and child mortalities rates. Working closely with other development partners, the programme also supports the National AIDS Control Organization’s efforts in prevention and control of HIV and AIDS.
In this context, UNDP India is recruiting six (6) qualified and experienced Indian professionals for the post of the Regional Project Operations Assistant to support the activities of the project. The different six (6) duty stations in India are as follows: Delhi, Guwahati-Assam, Bengaluru, Chandigarh, Jaipur, and Kolkata.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Regional Operations Assistant will work under the direct supervision of Regional Project Analyst and general guidance of Operations Analyst. Some travel to the field is expected.
The specific duties and responsibilities during the assignment will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Undertake administrative, finance, logistical, travel, low-cost procurement, asset management and project personnel administration tasks of HSS project in full compliance with UNDP rules, regulations and policies.
- Preparation of e-requisitions and payment requests via UNDP ERP based platforms.
- Provision of services in organization and coordination of meetings, training sessions, workshops, conferences, and project events and prepare reports and meeting minutes, if required.
- Participate in the preparation of annual work plans, and project implementation plans and periodical reviews. Preparation and submission of required documents for audit and any types of reports.
- Booking arrangements for project related travels. Follow up with travel reports and reconciliation of travel advances. Support to Project Administrative Associate in preparation of travel expenses reports.
- Quality Assurance of Travel Requests, Expense checklists and F10 received from the project personnel ensuring accuracy of all computations, availability of budget and completeness of supporting documentation. Assist project personnel on T&E matters.
- Provision of information to the state and district level project personnel at all levels on travel including entitlements, travel route and hotel arrangement.
- Maintenance of project assets and inventory, preparation of respective reports. Regular follow up with mobile service providers on SIM cards. Ensure that project assets and inventory are recorded and records maintained according to UNDP Rules and Regulations. Provide necessary guidance to project personnel.
- Maintain cooperation and communication with project’s partners and beneficiaries on the implementation of the agreed activities, especially for the events, trainings, workshops.
- Maintains proper document filing system according to UNDP India Document Management guidance, rules and regulations.
- Establish and maintain record with contacts, pursue networking and information sharing and to follow up on partnership related issues.
- Prepare official correspondence as per request.
- Provision of basic HR support to project personnel at state and district level including Third Party contract holders.
- Maintenance and quality assurance of Leave & Attendance records of the state and district level personnel in respective region. Timely submission of records to project HR Associate.
- Timely submission to project HR Associate contract extension/termination related requests and supporting documents.
- Support to personal appraisal exercise ensuring timely submission of work plans and reports.
Achieve Results: LEVEL 1: Plans and monitors own work, pays attention to details, delivers quality work by deadline.
Think Innovatively: LEVEL 1: Open to creative ideas/known risks, is pragmatic problem solver, makes improvements.
Learn Continuously: LEVEL 1: Open minded and curious, shares knowledge, learns from mistakes, asks for feedback. Adapt with Agility: LEVEL 1: Adapts to change, constructively handles ambiguity/uncertainty, is flexible. Act with Determination: LEVEL 1: Shows drive and motivation, able to deliver calmly in face of adversity, confident. Engage and Partner: LEVEL 1: Demonstrates compassion/understanding towards others, forms positive relationships. Enable Diversity and Inclusion: LEVEL 1: Appreciate/respect differences, aware of unconscious bias, confront discrimination.
Cross-Functional & Technical Competencies
Administration & Operations:
- Ability to manage events, including venue identification, accommodation, logistics, catering, transportation, and cash disbursements, etc.
- Each office to ensure sufficient inventory items are available for use as well as reporting for items which are beyond the corporate threshold of $5K and above.
- Ability to communicate in a clear, concise and unambiguous manner both through written and verbal communication; to tailor messages and choose communication methods depending on the audience.
- Ability to respond timely and appropriately with a sense of urgency, provide consistent solutions, and deliver timely and quality results and/or solutions to fulfil and understand the real client needs.
- Look for ways to add value beyond clients’ immediate requests.
- Ability to anticipate client’s upcoming needs and concerns.
- Ability to extract, analyse and visualize data (including Real-Time Data) to form meaningful insights and aid effective decision making.
Required Skills and Experience
- Completion of Secondary education is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, finance or economics is desirable but not mandatory.
- Minimum 5 years (with Secondary education) or 2 years (with Bachelor’s degree) of relevant experience in administrative support, finance, or project coordination/implementation.
- Experience in the usage of digital finance solutions and software packages, and advanced knowledge of data management and systems.
- Excellent interpersonal, networking and team building skills.
- Excellent skills in event and travel organization required.
- More than 1 year of experience working in the UN system.
- Experience collaborating with government agencies, international organizations, and community leaders.
- Knowledge of UN regulations, rules, and procedures.
- Experience and knowledge of Atlas/Quantum is a strong asset.
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English and native language (Hindi).
Remuneration starting at 710,977.72 INR (Annual) / 59,248.14 INR (Monthly) as per the scale depending on qualifications and experience. The remuneration is excluding 8.33% pension amount paid over and above the salary.
Important information for US Permanent Residents (‘Green Card’ holders)
Under US immigration law, acceptance of a staff position with UNDP, an international organization, may have significant implications for US Permanent Residents. UNDP advises applicants for all professional level posts that they must relinquish their US Permanent Resident status and accept a G-4 visa, or have submitted a valid application for US citizenship prior to commencement of employment.
UNDP is not in a position to provide advice or assistance on applying for US citizenship and therefore applicants are advised to seek the advice of competent immigration lawyers regarding any applications.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP has a zero-tolerance policy towards sexual exploitation and misconduct, sexual harassment, and abuse of authority. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.
UNDP is an equal opportunity and inclusive employer that does not discriminate based on race, sex, gender identity, religion, nationality, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, age, language, social origin or other status.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.