We have an exciting opportunity for a Regional Education Technical Lead to oversee education technical quality across our portfolio of projects in Sub-Saharan Africa. You will be responsible for ensuring that project technical delivery is of high quality and education interventions have an impact commensurate with our strong ambition in the region, in addition to meeting client and stakeholder needs.
- Provide education technical leadership across the region, providing technical input to both existing projects and new project development.
- Be accountable for the quality of the technical outputs of projects – including the monitoring and QA for materials produced under the project and for project technical reports– both internal and client facing.
- Responsible for providing support for the enhanced use of data and MERL in programmes, working with MERL leads and overseeing activities undertaken by the MERL Lead, alongside close working with the central MEL team.
- Build strong relationships with current and future clients in relation to education technical expertise and impact, working with supporting programme teams to do so.
- Provide regional thought leadership to communicate EDT’s innovative, evidence driven approaches to education systems reform and the achievement of learning outcomes (working with Comms and BD teams)
If you have extensive relevant experience leading, managing, and technically designing education projects in the region; strong understanding of education system reform models; familiarity with adaption based on MEL evidence; and a strong desire to make impact at scale, we would like to speak with you.
The position will be based in any of our SSA offices in Ethiopia/Kenya/Rwanda/Zimbabwe/Sierra Leone, with frequent travel to the regional office in Nairobi, Kenya.
Please note that we will be reviewing applications on an ongoing basis and reserve the right to close our vacancies early
Closing date: November, 10th 2023