Banking Countries of Operations
Posting End Date
Purpose of Job
The Receptionist is responsible for providing secretarial, clerical, and administrative support to Resident Office (RO) staff in order to ensure an effective and efficient operation of the office.
Acting as the first point of contact the Receptionist deals with general enquiries, answers phone calls, and greets visitors as they arrive at the office. They also ensure that the office activities are running smoothly in terms of supplies and equipment and support the Resident Office staff with basic clerical duties and tasks.
Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Screening incoming telephone calls (internal and external), determining the purpose of calls, and forwarding calls to appropriate personnel or department, take and deliver messages when appropriate personnel are unavailable;
- Answer questions about organization and provide callers with address, directions, and other information;
- Deal with general inquiries in a professional and courteous manner, in person, on the telephone or via e-mail; direct inquiries as appropriate;
- Greet and receive visitors, determine the nature of business, direct and accompany visitors to appropriate personnel, and keep visitors log;
- Depending on RO may prepare a meeting room with presentation equipment/materials and refreshments Arrange passes, monitor visitors to the RO, and prepare periodical statistics regarding the visitors from HQ
- Assist visiting missions if required
- Arrange couriers’.screen, sort and process mail for RO staff;
- Scan, copy and send documents;
- May assist with maintaining the archives and filing;
- Depending on RO may schedule appointments for RO staff, maintain appointment diary electronically in MS Outlook,
- Organize conference and meeting room bookings;
- Depending on RO may organize and register drivers working schedules;
- Arrange transportation for the EBRD visitors on request
- Provide assistance and secretarial backup to support Banker/s if required.
- Depending on RO may be required to provide ad hoc support to the secretaries/administrative staff/Office Manager
- May be responsible for the maintaining of staff whereabouts schedule
- May be responsible for checking general RO e-mail and forwarding to the relevant staff member for further action
- May be entitled to ITC duties
- Depending on RO may assist with arranging local visas for staff and coordination with the foreign ministry
Knowledge, Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- Minimum secondary education, university preferred.
- Previous experience in a receptionist / secretarial capacity;
- Familiarity with the use of office equipment, such as fax, photocopiers etc.;
- Excellent verbal communication skills with a good telephone manner;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Computer literate, with keyboard skills and experience of word processing, (Microsoft Word) and e-mail (Microsoft Outlook) combined with the ability to acquire other skills as necessary;
- Ability to work on own initiative and take responsibility where necessary and to work as part of a team.
- Multilingual – English plus relevant country of operation language
- A good phone manner and excellent organisational skills with the ability to deal with people effectively;
- Follow the Bank’s policies and procedures;
- Smart and business-like appearance;
- Ability to work to a high standard (and while under pressure);
- Honest and trustworthy;
- Good time management skills
- Cultural awareness and sensitivity;
What is it like to work at the EBRD?
Our agile and innovative approach is what makes life at the EBRD a unique experience! You will be part of a pioneering and diverse international organisation, and use your talents to make a real difference to people’s lives and help shape the future of the regions we invest in.
The EBRD environment provides you with:
- Varied, stimulating and engaging work that gives you an opportunity to interact with a wide range of experts in the financial, political, public and private sectors across the regions we invest in;
- A working culture that embraces inclusion and celebrates diversity;
- An environment that places sustainability, equality and digital transformation at the heart of what we do.
Diversity is one of the Bank’s core values which are at the heart of everything it does. A diverse workforce with the right knowledge and skills enables connection with our clients, brings pioneering ideas, energy and innovation. The EBRD staff is characterised by its rich diversity of nationalities, cultures and opinions and we aim to sustain and build on this strength. As such, the EBRD seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities and works in an inclusive environment. The EBRD encourages all qualified candidates who are nationals of the EBRD member countries to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. As an inclusive employer, we promote flexible working and expecting our employee to attend the office 50% of their working time.