Tetra Tech International Development (International Development Jobs – Tetra Tech), is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates for a Public Outreach and Engagement Advisor position on an anticipated four-year USAID-funded task order in the West Bank.
The purpose of this project is to improve Palestinians’ access to safe, reliable, sustainable, and climate resilient water services through: 1) the development and strengthening of the institutional capacity of the Hebron, Halhul, and Dura water utilities for sustainable, reliable, and climate-resilient water delivery service; 2) the implementation of strategic infrastructure works to support the objective of the activity; 3) the design and implementation of innovative solutions to expand the use of smart water management technologies for efficient, timely, and transparent water management; and 4) the design and implementation of innovative measures and public awareness campaigns to promote effective water governance at the utility and foster social behavioral change toward more efficient and responsible water use practices and trends. The Public Outreach and Engagement Advisor reports directly to the Task Order Manager and is expected to lead efforts to integrate social behavior change principles across components and promote good water governance practices at the utility level. This is expected to be a full-time position based in the West Bank.
* Supervises personnel
* Provides targeted support to target water utilities to promote good water governance.
* Develops public awareness campaigns.
* Integrates social behavior change principles across components.
* Coordinates social inclusivity activities.
* Links activities to Task Order communications.
* Provides outreach training to Task Order partners and stakeholders.
* Bachelor’s degree in communications, gender studies, or a related field.
* Must have at least seven (7) years of professional experience working on social behavior change and public outreach initiatives for water service delivery, water conservation, or non-revenue water. *Experience working on USAID or other donor-funded development programs preferred.
* Experience building and maintaining relationships with civil society organizations, women’s groups, and youth groups in Palestine.
* In-depth understanding of the cultural context of Palestine.
* Palestinian nationals strongly recommended to apply.
How to apply
To be considered, please submit the following:
* Cover Letter
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech’s IDS ad posted.
Apply on-line at: https://bit.ly/469YXn4
Please ensure that only the requested documents noted above are submitted. Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
Tetra Tech International Development is committed to safeguarding and technical excellence in equality and social inclusion. Our team of dedicated Gender, Youth, and Social Inclusion (GYSI) advisers work closely with our staff and partners to share international norms and best practices to improve the livelihoods of the world’s most marginalized groups. Tetra Tech International Development is especially interested in candidates that can contribute to our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) initiatives that aim to expand inclusion and an authentic sense of belonging to all our staff regardless of background.
We are dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please visit Tetra Tech’s Disability Assistance Page or contact our Global Talent Operations team. Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates.
Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 550 locations around the world. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees — 27,000 associates working together to provide smart, scalable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action/Americans with Disabilities/Veterans employer.