Job no: 553016 Contract type: Temporary Appointment Duty Station: Cox’s Bazaar Level: P-3 Location: Bangladesh Categories: Programme Management
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, an advocate.
How can you make a difference?
Under the direct supervision of the Chief of field office and in close coordination and with oversight by the Emergency Manager, the UNICEF Programme Specialist (Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) will provide technical assistance to roll out PSEA global guidelines, standards and tools, support implementation and conduct strategic discussions, policy dialogue and advocacy to prevent SEA in humanitarian and development settings in Cox Bazaar District.
Summary of key functions/accountabilities:
Within the delegated authority and under the given organization set-up, the incumbent may be assigned the primarily, shared, and contributory accountabilities for all or part of the following areas of major duties and key end-results.
- Management and/or advisory support to Chief of field office, emergency manager and PSEA focal points.
- Internal Capacity Development and Technical Support
- Partner Capacity Development, Institutional Development and Technical Support (including emergency contexts)
- Receiving and Responding to SEA allegations
- Inter-agency response to SEA
For detailed job responsibilities, please visit UNICEF career portal: HERE
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- An advanced university degree preferably in social sciences, gender and development studies, social work, political science, law or other relevant fields.
- A minimum of 5 years’ relevant experience working in development and emergency settings, on children’s and women’s rights, on violence prevention and response, in particular sexual violence and other forms of gender-based violence; and/or child protection.
- Experience in and knowledge of UN, Bangladesh and IASC policies and guidance related but not limited to PSEA, AAP, GBV and Centrality of Protection.
- Fluency in English (written and verbal) is required Knowledge of the local working language of the duty station is an asset.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA).
The UNICEF competencies required for this post are…
- Nurtures, Leads and Manages People (1)
- Demonstrates Self Awareness and Ethical Awareness (2)
- Works Collaboratively with others (2)
- Builds and Maintains Partnerships (2)
- Innovates and Embraces Change (2)
- Thinks and Acts Strategically (2)
- Drive to achieve impactful results (2)
- Manages ambiguity and complexity (2)
*The 7 core competencies are applicable to all employees. However, the competency Nurtures, Leads and Manages people is only applicable to staff who supervise others.
To view our competency framework, please visit here.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination.
UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
*UNICEF does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
*Internal candidates may be given preference over external candidates. The term “Internal” refers to all staff members with fixed term, continuing or permanent appointments.
*Mobility is a condition of international professional employment with UNICEF and an underlying premise of the international civil service.
*Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
* As this is a re-advertisement, candidates who applied before will not need to re-apply
*The complete vacancy announcements can be reviewed via UNICEF Careers website at https://jobs.unicef.org/en-us/listing/
Advertised: 17 Jul 2022 Bangladesh Standard Time Deadline: 31 Jul 2022 Bangladesh Standard Time
How to apply
Please visit the job posting at UNICEF’s Career portal and apply from there. Link to posting is below: