The Luxembourg Red Cross recruits
Project Manager in Uvira (DRC)
for projects of the’Aide internationale de la Croix Rouge luxembourgeoise A.S.B.L. in DRC in CDD of 1 year – renewable – to start as soon as possible.
The position is based in Uvira with, depending on the needs and the security situation, one-off trips to the DRC.
The projects consist of’assistance to the most vulnerable populations of South Kivu with a particular focus on survivors(e)s of sexual violence, including, mainly in the field of’habitat and infrastructure and’sanitation.
The project manager provides general supervision of ongoing projects in his’intervention area and the implementation of’a particular project.
- Under the responsibility of the Head of Mission, the project manager has a supervisory role by delegation of the Head of Mission on a region of’a country in which the International Assistance of the Luxembourg Red Cross (AICRL) intervenes.
- Depending on the geopolitical and humanitarian context, it proposes the local strategy and ensures its implementation once validated.
- It controls and guarantees that projects are carried out in accordance with the principles of’AICRL and in compliance with internal and contractual procedures.
- It mobilizes the material and financial resources necessary for the proper conduct of the programmes and supervises their management.
- He coordinates the teams of his’intervention zone and is the guarantor of the safety on his’affection zone.
- He is the direct and privileged interlocutor of the Head of Mission, but also of the administrative and local authorities of his area.
- He is in charge of supervising ongoing projects in his’intervention area and any other projects that would be developed and accepted as part of his area.
- He is in charge of the implementation of’a specific project in his area.
In addition, he will work in consultation with the other delegates, under the responsibility and with the final validation of the Head of Mission to :
- compliance ( depreciation table ) and monitoring of AICRL rolling stock ;
- the development and implementation of the financial component of future projects in view of any other financing opportunity coming from the field or from headquarters ;
- supervision, supervision and control of national and international collaborators directly linked to administration and finance ;
- any other task related to compliance with internal procedures, monitoring and allocation of human and logistical resources and improving mission planning.
- Higher education in the field of project management
- 5-year professional experience, including minimum 3 on a humanitarian mission
- Experience in coordinating humanitarian projects
- Knowledge of the context of’Central Africa and in particular the DRC is a serious asset
- Experience in the field of support services and/or construction is an important asset
- Professional experience within the Red Cross Movement is an asset
- Excellent command of the’oral and the’written of the French language and good knowledge of the’anglais.
- Mastery of the office pack (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Driving license for car