International Justice Mission (IJM) is the global leader in protecting vulnerable people from violence around the world. Our global team of over 1,200 professionals are at work in 33 offices. Together, we are catalyzing a global revolution that will rescue millions, protect half a billion, and make justice unstoppable.
The capacity building model of criminal justice system transformation implemented by IJM includes individual support for survivors, support for government initiatives and jointly proposing policy changes to strengthen criminal justice systems (CJS) to respond effectively to human trafficking.
About the role
The Project Manager is charged with managing and implementing various projects, achieving objectives in support of the larger goal of combatting human trafficking across Romania, Bulgaria and the region. This position will manage and develop internal and external relationships with government actors, grantors, Embassies, and prepare timely submissions of reports, monitoring implementation progress, data collection and ensuring that teams meet grant objectives and budget requirements including from start-up to closeout in accordance with donor requirements and IJM policies. He/she will collaborate and work with M&E and program staff, accountants, the IJM casework team, and partner organizations. The Project Manager will regularly collaborate and communicate with M&E and finance staff in order to ensure successful implementation and will serve as the point of contact internally and externally for grant management.
- Create, manage and revise a detailed grant implementation plan.
- Manage detailed implementation of the grant-funded project, including compliance with all grantor regulations and IJM policies.
- Organize and lead quarterly project review meetings and presentations.
- Provide regular input, critical analysis, and feedback to the Hub Program Manager for European Anti-Trafficking Program, as well as the Director of Eastern and Central Europe, on strategic and tactical considerations covering all aspects of project implementation.
- Work with field office and regional leaders to develop and review appropriate implementation strategies.
- Collaborate with M&E personnel to ensure timely and accurate data collection and reporting throughout the project, using data to inform analysis of project health and status.
- Draft technical quarterly reports for the donor. Collaborate with the Program Manager to finalize reports for timely submission.
- Review monthly pipeline reports with Program Manager and ensure FO team uses them for decision-making.
- Manage communication of all grant reporting processes, procedures, and updates (in consultation with the leadership team and finance personnel assigned to the grants.
- Document and report information required for program analysis, research, learning and M&E.
- Communicate lessons learned and success stories during grant implementation to internal stakeholders and partner organizations.
- Equip the Hub Program Manager to effectively manage relationships, and assist with guiding field teams to meet the requests of the donor in a timely manner.
- Liaise with program managers with the Global and Regional Grants Teams, and relevant finance staff to ensure all grant staff are effectively trained on grant management.
- Serves as the organizational POC for subgrantees which may include reviewing program reports, conducting monitoring visits, etc.
Education & Experience:
- Degree in international development, project management, human rights, public policy, public administration, or related field preferred (or additional experience).
- At least 3 years’ experience in successful project and program management of complex development programs, including grant acquisition and management.
- Experience working effectively cross-culturally and across multiple time zones.
- Knowledge of standards relating to program design, monitoring, and evaluation.
- Demonstrated success in working on projects and budgets.
- Experience managing partnerships and subgrants.
- Strategic, analytical, and critical thinking skills
- Planning, organizing and multi-tasking skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Superb written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to use tools for monitoring and evaluation and data analysis
- Organized and able to work in a dynamic environment
- Ability to work under pressure and strict deadlines
- Passionate commitment to IJM’s mission and values including bridge building and professional.
- Servant leader, humble.
- Courageous, ability to think creatively and innovatively.
- Attention to detail, organized and disciplined with priorities.
- Professional in demeanor, appearance, writing and oral communication.
- Works well under stress with a sustained positive attitude.
- Exceptionally high level of honesty and integrity.
- Intelligent, creative and proactive problem solver.
- Diplomatic and flexible with strong service ethics.
- Ability to contribute outside of the designated areas of responsibility, team player.
- Full-time (40 hours per week)
- Ability to travel within Romania, Bulgaria and Europe, up to 30% of the time
- Driver’s license (Romania and/or international)
- Location: Romania or Bulgaria.
- Contract length: 3 years fixed term- extension subject to continued funding.
IJM holds strict safeguarding principles and a zero tolerance to violations of the Safeguarding Policy, Protection against Sexual Exploitation, Abuse and Harassment Policy and Code of Conduct. Parallel to technical competence, recruitment, selection and hiring decisions will give due emphasis to assessing the candidates’ value congruence and thorough background, police clearance and reference check processes.
How to apply
Please click on the link here to be redirected to the Red Sea site.
Closing date: Applications will be reviewed by IJM on a rolling basis and candidates may be called to interview before the final closing date of 15th October. Candidates are therefore invited to apply as soon as possible.
If you are interested in the role and are unable to submit a full application prior to the 15th October please do contact our lead consultant for this search, Javier Martín Cantera, via [email protected] to discuss further.
To apply please click ‘apply for job’
As part of the application process kindly submit your CV and a cover letter, preferably in MS Word. All application documents (cover letter and CV) should be submitted in English.
Need help submitting your application? Please email us at [email protected]
Should you require access to information in a different format to facilitate your application please contact us via [email protected]
Please name your submitted files with the following reference: IJM_PMR
Red Sea takes our responsibility towards protecting your personal data very seriously. The data you provide is processed in line with relevant data protection legislation. For the purposes of this recruitment, and as defined under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), Red Sea is defined as the Data Controller.
Red Sea is committed to meeting the standards set out in our Equality and Diversity statement, acting in line with the UK Equalities Act 2010 and building an accurate picture of the make-up of the workforce in encouraging equality and diversity.