Under the supervision of the Support to National Authorities Project manager, the Operations Specialist- Explosive Threat Mitigation will be an integral part of the EOD/IEDD cell and as such will contribute to the preparation, execution and coordination of all the advisory and training activities in support of the MDSF. S/he will contribute more specifically to the preparation and execution of staff and heads of elements training as well as the drafting and coordination of the doctrine and procedure documents, in close coordination with the other EOD/IED TM technical Specialist and the Operations section. Her/his obligations and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Conduct mainly the CIED staff courses held by UNMAS in support of Malian Defense and Security Forces (MDSF):
- Prepare the conception of the course, create the Training Management Plan (TMP), coordinate with partners;
- Conduct and chair the course, do the specific classes consistent with his/her expertise, coordinate with support and partners in the program;
- Review, prepare the lessons learned and validation of TMP with other offices of the program;
- Depending on availability of partners, be prepared to make a second iteration of the course.
- Create or update the doctrinal framework of the CIED standard operational procedures of the MDSF:
- Support the creation of a Working Group dedicated to CIED doctrine in coordination with MDSF and other partners;
- Coordinate and provide when pertinent the technical and tactical insight to this working group with the aim of validating the MDSF procedures related to CIED;
- To feed this working group with data, review the current MDSF documents that have already been published with UNMAS support;
- As part of his/her general mission as an EOD/IED-TM instructor:
- Identify needs and requirements in the fields of training, mentoring and advisory support;
- Help control, create, and implement the training activities of the cell;
- Provide expertise when needed;
- Contribute to the proper information management of the activities;
- Contribute to the general workload of the project;
- Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor.
Education/Experience/Language requirements a. Education:
- Master’s Degree or equivalent with 5 years of relevant experience required; OR
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent 7 years of relevant experience; OR
- Military Experience (or relevant Police Experience) at the Senior NCO (Non-Commissioned Officer) or Officer level (or equivalent) with a minimum of 11 years of relevant experience
b. Work Experience
- Relevant experience is defined as experience in EOD/C-IED training and operations
- Within relevant experience, 3 years’ experience in EOD/C-IED as a commander or staff officer is required.
- Proven experience in capacity building in support of security / defense forces in Africa or Middle East is desired.
c. Language Requirement
- Fluency in French (read, write and speak) is required
- Intermediate English (read, write and speak) is desired
How to apply