Position Type: Full-time
Company/Division: inSupply Health
Hiring Manager: Regional Finance and Operations Manager
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
inSupply Health is an East African health advisory firm that designs people-centered, scalable, sustainable supply chain solutions. We focus on optimizing data visibility and use, workforce development, and continuous performance improvement. inSupply operates as a social enterprise, aiming for business sustainability while achieving our social mission. We aim to transition short-term supply chain fixes into sustainable solutions that transcend specific projects or funding streams. Our work focuses on democratizing access to quality, affordable, contextualized supply chain learning and innovations so local and regional supply chain actors can improve the performance and efficiency of their supply chains and health systems towards better health outcomes.
inSupply Health is headquartered in Nairobi, with a branch in Dar es Salaam and is affiliated with JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. (JSI). Our team of dynamic local consultants works closely with public and private sector clients to design optimized, responsive and resilient supply chain systems that deliver essential health products such as antimalarial and HIV medications, vaccines, and contraceptives in complex settings. We pioneer innovative approaches by taking proven methodologies from the commercial sector to adapt them for the context, but also co-create solutions with our clients so they can own, implement and continuously improve their systems independently in the long term.
The Associate is an entry-level position at inSupply and will be involved in administrative and operational support for all facets of program and organizational implementation. S/he will work under the direction of and be supervised by a designee of the inSupply Health CEO and work closely with the technical and operations teams.
The Operations Associate is a key member of the Finance & Operations team. He/She will provide operational support to inSupply Health program implementation, supporting logistics needs required for programme activities, travels, and events in an efficient and cost-effective manner. The individual supports accurate and complete record-keeping and filing systems based on inSupply Health’s policies and procedures. S/he will also assist with completing administrative tasks, including reviewing and consolidating necessary backup documentation for payment of procured operational services. She will support operational procurement for travel, logistics, goods, and services
Essential Job Responsibilities
FRONT OFFICE MANAGEMENT
- Act as the first point of contact for all incoming visitors and the organization switchboard and refer these to relevant staff members.
- Responsible for opening, closing, and monitoring access to the office, using the installed security system at the main door.
- Responsible for timely payment of all utility bills.
- In liaison with the Procurement and Administration team, ensure annual renewal of all relevant county government permits.
- Manage incoming, and outgoing mail and parcels while ensuring proper records are maintained for tracking purposes
- Collaborate with the HR department to provide support during various stages of the recruitment process as and when required.
- Update consultant contact information to guarantee accuracy and ensure that renewals are managed punctually.
- Organize monthly payment records for all consultants, ensuring precise adherence to contractual agreements.
- Perform a comprehensive review of the consultant tracker on a monthly basis to verify its accuracy and completeness.
- Serve as a liaison between consultants and internal departments to address any queries or concerns promptly.
- Verify deliveries are complete and done in a timely manner.
- Assist with invoice verification against travel authorizations, Purchase Orders and delivery notes and process payment against the invoice for vendors.
- Working with Procurement Analyst, ensures that the office has sufficient office supplies.
- Supports the Procurement analyst in making necessary travel and lodging arrangements for visitors.
- Facility management (Insurance, cleaning, equipment repairs, utilities, green office considerations, etc.)
- Support the Procurement Analyst in updating service contract trackers.
- Supporting the procurement analyst in asset management and inventory management.
- Assist in soliciting quotations and bids from the field market for requisitions as per the JSI/ inSupply Health policies and procedures.
- Prepare the required documentation of procurement transactions and ensure compliance with set standards.
- Maintain thorough procurement files in the G-drive shared folder as outlined in the Policies and Procedures.
- Support the preparation of Purchase Order contracts for goods, services, and works awarded.
- Support in updating the activity tracker.
- Support in the preparation of contracts for vendors and maintaining contracts after award.
- Provide logistical support as needed, coordinating the delivery of goods and services, arranging for transport, travel accommodation, and arrangements as needed.
- Support the Procurement analyst in organizing both local and international travel arrangements including bookings, accommodations, visas, ticketing, and other logistics responsibilities.
- Support inventory management and documentation.
- Support for checking procurement and logistics deliverables and supporting the payment process in collaboration with the Administrative, Logistics, and Procurement Analyst and finance team.
- Other duties as assigned
About the role:
Given that the Associate position is a stepping-stone to the Analyst role, inSupply is searching for a Kenyan candidate who is interested in growing with the organization, and is open to and actively seeks regular and specific feedback about all aspects of professional and personal growth. The Associate will be expected to commit to an implementation model that includes continuous self-assessment and improvement, both professionally and personally, and peer-to-peer learning and support, all using a variety of performance improvement techniques and a competency framework. Given that inSupply Health is a start-up organization, our ideal candidate has an entrepreneurial mindset and is passionate, energetic, flexible, curious, self-driven and team-oriented.
- A Bachelor’s degree in business administration, operations management, or a related field.
- At least 2-3 years of work experience in a similar role
- Excellent interpersonal skills, flexible and team player
- Extraordinary level of attention to detail and ability to work accurately
- High-level organizational skills, knowledge of filing and general record-keeping
- Excellent office management skills
- IT/computer skills – ability to use printers, scanners
- Proactive and excellent time management skills
- Strong verbal communication skills, including making and receiving calls and providing callers with information and assistance
- Hands-on experience and skills in Enterprise Resource Planning e.g. Microsoft Business Central
- Ability to use cloud-based productivity, project management, and database apps — specifically Google Suite, Miro, Zoom, CRM platform, and Slack.
- Fluent in English and Kiswahili.
inSupply is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment based on mutual respect for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, disability status, religion, ethnic origin, color, race, marital status, or other protected characteristics. Women and minority candidates are encouraged to apply.
inSupply Health is a child-safe organization, and the safety and well-being of children is a priority for our organization. We have robust recruitment procedures to ensure that all staff are suited to work with the children served by our programs.
inSupply Health does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process and only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted using a company’s email address