Youth Foundation for Development, Education & Leadership (YouthhubAfrica) is a non-profit organization founded in 2011. YouthhubAfrica is a platform for young people in Africa involved in social change to interact, learn and collaborate in new, creative and easy ways. It was registered in Nigeria with the CAC in 2014. YHA is a youth advocacy and policy-oriented organization based in Abuja, Nigeria, but programming into Africa and beyond.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Media & Communication Manager
Employment Type: Full-time
Duration: 2 years with likelihood of extension.
- The Media & Communication Manager is responsible for providing leadership and direction for strategic communication and project branding.
The main duties and responsibilities will be:
- Develop and manage a cohesive media & communications strategy for the organization
- Supervise team members in developing and deploying all communications assets/products
- Serve as organizational editor-in-chief, proofread content for visibility of the organization and its projects.
- Take the lead on developing the communications component of proposals.
- Manage all media campaigns.
- Lead all communications research and monitor the progress of various communications strategies on projects.
- Manage and track analytics and create reports detailing successes and recommendations for communications campaigns
- Ensure quality control of all information released
- Prepare and manage the organization’s communication budget
- Manage and maintain a database of Community members, media organizations, partners, and all stakeholders, as well as cordial relationships with them.
- Manage and Project a positive image of the organization to the public.
- Degree in Mass Communication or other relevant fields of study (a Master’s Degree will be an added advantage)
- 3- 5 years of experience in communication management
- Ability to exercise sound judgment, remain flexible to a changing work environment, and make decisions independently
- High level of computer literacy
- Demonstrate a willingness to work in a team.
- Experience in documentation, dissemination, public affairs, web services, or editorial work;
- Proven ability to organize and share information effectively;
- Demonstrated writing, editing, computer, and analytical skills;
- Ability to interact with established networks of senior-level international health professionals, donors, universities, and other partners;
- Experience managing complex, large-scale, donor-funded media & communication programs
Functional Skill Set:
- Demonstrate initiative and problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize within a multi-tasking environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English;
- Strong supervision skills to ensure activities, schedules, standards, and progress are reviewed and monitored;
- Experience leading, mentoring, and motivating staff; a good understanding of performance and time management;
- Demonstrated good judgment and decision-making.
Application Closing Date
20th October, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidate should send an updated CV (No longer than 3 pages) and a Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org using “Media & Communication Manager” as the subject of the email.
Note: Applications is on a rolling basis, and candidates may be invited to test/interview.