FAO is committed to ensuring – gender, balanced geographic distribution and linguistic diversity – among its staff and the international consultants it employs, to best serve Member States in all regions.
- FAO is committed to ensuring the diversity of its workforce, ensuring balanced representation of women and men as well as nationalities, profiles and cultures.
- Women, nationals ( e ) s of unrepresented or underrepresented Member States and persons with disabilities with the required qualifications are encouraged to apply.
- Everyone working for FAO is required to adhere to the highest standards of integrity and professional conduct and to respect the values of FAO.
- FAO, as the specialized agency of the United Nations, has adopted a zero tolerance policy with regard to behavior incompatible with its status, objectives and mandate, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of power and discrimination.
- The references and background of all selected candidates will be subject to rigorous verification.
- All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality.
The overall objective is to support the FAO country office in the Central African Republic in its Technical Cooperation program for the country, contributing to its positioning as a dynamic and modern organization in the elimination of hunger and rural poverty, in the promotion of agriculture, fishing, the farming and sustainable management of the natural resources environment for the benefit of vulnerable communities and rural populations.
Under the general supervision of the FAO Representative in the Central African Republic, under the direct supervision of the International Procurement Officer and in close collaboration with the Program Teams, Administration and Operations while respecting the rules and practices in force within the Organization, the Assistant ( e ) Logistics RCA must carry out the tasks below and produce, under the conditions described, the expected results. ,
Area of specialization
Logistics and Administration
Tasks and responsibilities
Logistics planning and implementation :
- Plan, implement and monitor the progress of activities on the delivery of project materials and supplies ;
- Monitor the status of both local and international orders and deliveries, in close coordination with the Program and Operations Unit ;
- Ensure the implementation of supply management upon receipt of purchase orders in accordance with FAO rules and regulations;
- Process all documents necessary for the exemption request/tax exemption for all internationally ordered materials and supplies and ensuring that all documents are ready and supplied to freight forwarders before the arrival of materials / supplies at the customs entry point ;
- Coordinate reception in warehouses, distribution and direct delivery to implementing partners according to plans established by the Program Unit/Operations in close collaboration with the requesting service of the Program / Operations ;
- Organize the transport of materials and supplies on the land, ensuring that all the documents required for the shipment ( transport slips, packing list, customs clearance documents if necessary etc ) have been prepared, signed and approved, delivered to the recipient office and to the carrier before departure for their control and certification of the materials / supplies received ;
- Organize / plan the logistics necessary to carry out the land missions in support of Program and Operations ;
- Provide training for warehouse employees in the handling / classification / storage of materials and supplies in warehouses, storage and custody of supplies and other equipment ;
- Examine and verify the invoices submitted related to transport, storage, insurance services provided by suppliers to the Local Purchasing Unit and report any default/non-compliance with the services provided and invoiced ;
- Analyze the logistics necessary and available for the transport of materials / supplies according to delivery sites and propose efficient, fast and reasonable cost transport alternatives ;
Information and inventory management
- Coordinate warehouse activities and prepare delivery / reception and quantity inspection forms for all receipts and shipments of materials and supplies ;
- Keep informed on a weekly basis, the Program Units, Operations and the Administration for monitoring all entry / exit movements ( deliveries and distributions ) in warehouses. The Logistics Assistant is responsible for providing the Assistant responsible for the warehouses with the documentation necessary to update the inventory of stores ;
- Prepare, record and archive all logistics related documents in accordance with the requirements of the Organization ;
- Maintain a report on the state of materials and supplies in transit ( expected deliveries ) and inform the Program, Operations and Administration units ;
- Maintain and maintain the inventory of materials and supplies, the warehouse checklist, the inventory management reports, spot logistics control and other forms necessary for inventory management ;
- Liaise with the Program, Operations and Administration team on issues related to stocks and inventories, the status of shipment tracking, reconciliation and adjustments ;
- Ensure virtual reception of LOAs and goods.
Quality assurance and quantity of materials / supplies delivered and inventory control :
- Contribute to the development of monitoring tools and inventory reports ;
- Ensure the quantity / quality control of the materials / supplies delivered by the suppliers in comparison to the established orders, and contact the requesting technical service for the quality control of said equipment/supplies for quality confirmation in accordance with the technical specifications required in the Calls for tenders before certifications and payment of invoices ;
- Coordinate inspections of materials and supplies before shipment to the various areas ;
- Assurer les inventaires physiques annuels des fournitures et matériels de l’Organisation stockées dans l’entrepôt ou en utilisation par le personnel et produire un rapport annuel des inventaires. L’Assistant Logistique est responsable du rapprochement des inventaires périodiques physiques et du soutien à la préparation de la certification des stocks ;
- Assurer la gestion des stocks et établir des rapports des inventaires périodiques en mettant à jour régulièrement les fiches de stocks par projet ;
- Veiller aux bonnes conditions de stockage des matériels et fournitures dans les entrepôts ;
- Prendre les initiatives nécessaires à la bonne exécution des activités logistiques ;
- Exécuter toute autre tâche demandée par la hiérarchie
LES CANDIDATURES SERONT EXAMINÉES EN REGARD DES CRITÈRES SUIVANTS:
Conditions minimales à remplir
- Be a national of the Central African Republic ;
- University degree in Management, Social Sciences, Administration or in a related field;
- Certification in supply / logistics and or supply chain management is a great advantage.
- Minimum 5 years of experience at increasingly high levels of responsibility in supply chain management, logistics or purchasing in the public or private sector.
- Practical knowledge of the French. Knowledge of English is an asset; .
Basic skills required by FAO
- Attention to results
- Have the Team Spirit
- Meaning of communication
- Establishment of constructive relationships
- Knowledge sharing and continuous improvement
Technical / functional skills
- Ability to work under pressure and respect deadlines ;
- Ability to work in a team in a multidisciplinary environment ;
- Ability to plan, organize tasks and coordinate the activities of a working group ;
- Good communication skills: ability to express ideas and concepts clearly and concisely in written and oral form ;
- Experiences with the United Nations System or international NGOs is an asset ;
- Bond knowledge of Word and Excel. Knowledge of Access is a great advantage ;
- Good knowledge of the administrative procedures of the United Nations system is preferable.
- FAO does not collect fees at any stage of recruitment ( application, interview, processing of the file ).
- Incomplete application files will not be examined. For any questions or requests for assistance, please contact: Careers@fao.org
- Applications received after the closing date of the notice will not be accepted.
- Please note that FAO only takes into account university degrees and degrees issued by recognized institutions listed in the World Higher Education Database, the list updated by the International Association of Universities ( IAU ) / UNESCO. To access the list, please click here www.whed.net/
- For other questions, please consult the Employment web page at FAO: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/fr/
Please note that all candidates must adhere to the values of FAO – commitment to the Organization, respect for everyone, integrity and transparency.
HOW TO POSTULATE
- To apply, please complete the online form on the FAO recruitment website, Jobs at FAO. Incomplete application files will not be examined.
- Only applications received through the recruitment portal will be considered.
- Applicants are encouraged to register their applications with a largely sufficient period of time before the deadline.
- To get help, write to: Careers@fao.org.
FAO IS A NON-FUMEUR AREA.