Local technical coordinator
Job announcement : Aug 24, 2023
Unpublishing date : 09/07/2023, 21:59:00
Organizational Unit: FAO Colombia
Type of position : Temporary work
Requisition Type: NPP ( National Project Personnel )
Grade Level: N / A
Main location : Colombia-Villavicencio
Duration: 3 months trial period, renewable
Position Number: N / A
IMPORTANT NOTICE – The expiration date and time displayed above are based on the date and time indicated on your personal device.
FAO seeks to ensure gender, geographic and linguistic diversity among its staff and its international consultants, in order to serve the Member States of the Organization in the best possible way in all regions.
- FAO is committed to achieving diversity in its workforce in terms of sex, nationality, origin and culture.
- Women, nationals of under-represented or under-represented Member States and persons with disabilities with the necessary qualifications are encouraged to submit their applications.
- All persons working for FAO must comply with the highest standards of professional integrity and conduct and uphold FAO’s values.
- FAO, as a specialized agency of the United Nations, applies a zero tolerance policy for conduct incompatible with its statute, objectives and mandate, in particular sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination.
- All selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
- All requests will be treated with the strictest confidentiality.
FAO is the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations, which leads the international effort for a world free of hunger and malnutrition in which food and agriculture contribute to improving the living standards of all its inhabitants. , especially the poorest, in a sustainable way from the economic, social and environmental point of view. We work to contribute to the fulfillment of the 2030 Agenda and its global goals by promoting sustainable, inclusive and resilient food systems to achieve better production, nutrition, the environment and a better life.
The vacancy is located in Villavicencio, Meta with displacements to the areas of action of the project. The position belongs to the area of family farming and inclusive markets.
Under the general supervision of the FAO Representative in Colombia, the Program Officer, the technical supervision of the senior specialist in Family Farming and Inclusive Markets; and direct supervision of the project coordinator.
Field of specialization
The local technical supervisor has the following tasks and responsibilities.
Tasks and responsibilities
- The owner must participate and appropriate the methodologies and content shared in the induction workshop event carried out by the Project.
- Work in a comprehensive and articulated manner with the technical teams responsible for the project products.
- Support the coordination of the implementation of the project’s Annual Operational Plan, facilitating the implementation of the planned actions, guaranteeing coordination between the different components and ensuring that said implementation is carried out in an effective and efficient manner.
- Supervise, articulate and accompany the technical team in the development of actions in the field, facilitating operational synergies of the components of the agreement and ensuring compliance with the products of the Agreement.
- Monitor the appropriation and implementation of the methodologies defined within the project framework, by the technical team.
- Participate in the socialization of the scope of the project in the municipalities of action.
- Work comprehensively and in close relationship with the leaders of the components of the Family Farming and Inclusive Markets area.
- Provide the support and technical monitoring required for the fulfillment of the objectives, activities, goals and indicators and means of verification defined in the letters of agreement and / or tenders that are signed, during the execution of the project, between FAO and the suppliers of services.
- Coordinate actions for technical support: prioritization of activities, planning, review of weekly, biweekly and / or monthly schedules, as defined by the project, with the technical team.
- Coordinate the social, productive, environmental, communications and commercial characterization of producers through baseline surveying and georeferencing of each property.
- Read the formalization for linking family farming organizations and / or family businesses to the project.
- Support the collection of primary technical information and productivity indicators for the Rural Entrepreneurship Measurement ( MER ) instrument and participate in MER workshops for the related Family Farming Organizations.
- Prepare the technical diagnosis of phase I and II family businesses to determine investment prioritization.
- Consolidate the agribusiness model through productive chains in the prioritized territories.
- Coordinate and plan with the technical team the taking of water and soil samples.
- Support the structuring of technical agribusiness models that allow improving production taking into account agroecological practices.
- Coordinate, organize and prepare the delivery of materials, inputs and tools for the implementation of the technical models of agribusiness.
- Follow up on the proposed goals in productive technical assistance visits and training events.
- Support the construction of training plans that promote technical, agroecological, soil conservation and business skills for producers of family farming organizations and / or family businesses.
- Coordinate the development of the technology transfer strategy from producer to producer by production chain.
- Plan and coordinate the development of knowledge and experience exchange tours with gender protocols.
- Consolidate the results and lessons learned from the implementation of the training program in the promotion of technical, agroecological and business skills of producers of family farming organizations and / or family businesses.
- Support events for the socialization of the identified financial service portfolios and guide family farming organizations and / or family businesses in the definition of criteria for the selection of appropriate financial systems.
- Support the identification of actions for the implementation of landscape management tools ( living fences, biological mini-corridors in crops and pastures, fodder banks, isolated trees in pastures and springs, among others ) by production lines.
- Promote the generation of environmental conservation agreements with producers of the Meta Food Supply Network.
- Identify and monitor properties with potential for the implementation of fertilizer biofuels using byproducts from prioritized production lines.
- Accompany commercial events held by the supply network.
- Facilitate and generate alliances with the different actors in the region, for the efficient implementation of the planned activities.
- Participate in inter-institutional coordination meetings, generate synergies and support the management of actions that contribute to the proper development of the project.
- In coordination with the monitoring and follow-up area, support the review of the different products ( verification means, delivery minutes ) of the technical reports presented by the technical support service provider, before the scheduled project committees.
- Generate technical, operational and management recommendations to guarantee adequate implementation of the project actions and allow the achievement of the established objectives.
- Contribute to the design and implementation of pedagogical models that promote skills in the use and appropriation of digital tools, contributing to the development of productive and commercial activities.
- Ensure strict compliance with FAO administrative and operational standards.
- Write, document and present reports on the execution results of planned activities in the formats established for the project.
- Support the systematization of information that allows generating summary documents of the experience developed by the project.
- Work in a comprehensive manner, maintaining a close and permanent relationship of collaboration and coordination with the project’s technical team and the technical team of the supplier that is in charge of the technical support services.
- Accompany the technical support service provider in the preparation of the purchasing plan ( necessary supplies that will be distributed to the participants in the format assigned by FAO, in accordance with the FAO purchasing requirements and procedures for the implementation of the productive and community initiatives in the project.
- Define input delivery plans for the community, with the support of the technical support service provider.
- Provide the information required to monitor the project’s field activities ( reports and formats ), for the monitoring and evaluation system, to be sent to the Representation.
- Support in the preparation of the final project report.
- Promote within the technical teams the generation and dissemination of good practices on gender in accordance with the FAO gender equality policy.
- The owner must consult, study and appropriate the PROTOCOL FOR REPORTING CASES OF SEXUAL EXPLOITATION AND ABUSE OF COMMUNITIES ( delivered by Human Management ) and immediately report, in accordance with it, the cases that come to their knowledge. FAO Colombia has zero tolerance for any practice of sexual exploitation and abuse.
- Fill out in a timely manner at the time of departure from the organization the certificate of handover of the position and, in the case of exercising supervisory functions, monitor the correct handover of the position of the personnel in charge.
Any other work required by the senior specialist and / or the supervisor in charge, which are related to the nature of the position.
CANDIDATES WILL BE EVALUATED ACCORDING TO THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA:
- Professional with training in agronomy, veterinary doctor or zootechnical veterinary doctor, agricultural production, administration of agricultural or related companies.
- Minimum experience of 5 years in sustainable rural development projects, agri-food systems and value chains with family farming organizations.
- Practical knowledge of Spanish ( level C ) spoken and written.
- Colombian nationality.
FAO Core Competencies
- Results-based approach
- Establishing effective relationships
- Knowledge sharing and continuous improvement
Technical / functional skills
- Experience in the formulation, monitoring and execution of rural development projects.
- Experience leading field teams.
- Experience in the design of training strategies and technical plans for agricultural production.
- Experience in design and application of productive records.
- Experience in document management processes.
- Skill and capacity for programming, planning and working for technical monitoring results.
- Knowledge and experiences in implementation of production models
- Social commitment and ability to work effectively and harmoniously in multicultural environments.
- Knowledge and management of the logical framework, project cycle and results-based management approach.
- Knowledge of administrative and financial management issues.
- Skills to write, document and present reports on the results of execution of planned activities.
- Knowledge of the region will be valued.
- Oral skills for the presentation and presentation of results to technical, professional and community audiences in general.
- Skills to write, document and present reports on the results of execution of planned activities.
- Ability to make clear and concise presentations.
- Knowledge of using Word, Excel and the Internet.
- Ability to work as a team, and establish networks and alliances.
- Leadership, initiative, creativity, responsibility and flexibility.
- Ability to act at all times with extreme discretion with respect to United Nations documents, information and materials.
- Permanent attitude and behavior of cordiality, composition, respect and collaboration with all people and organizations with whom you interact.
- FAO does not charge fees at any stage of the recruitment process ( application, interview, processing ).
- Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you need help or have questions, please contact: [email protected]
- Applications received after the application deadline has expired will not be accepted.
- Please be informed that FAO will only consider academic degrees or credentials obtained from an educational institution included in the Global Higher Education Database, which is a list maintained by the International Association of Universities ( IAU ) / UNESCO. The list can be consulted at: www.whed.net/
- For any other questions visit the FAO employment website: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/es/.
It is noted that all candidates should adhere to the Organization’s values of commitment to FAO, respect for all and integrity and transparency.
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS
- If you would like to apply, go to the FAO recruitment website ( FAO Careers ) and complete your online profile.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered. Only applications received through the recruitment portal will be considered.
- We advise candidates to submit their application well in advance of the deadline.
- If you need help, please contact: [email protected] .
SMOKING IS PROHIBITED ON FAO PREMISES