Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Local Government Facilitator (Consultancy)
Reference ID: req14634
Report to: State M&E officer/ State Technical Expert
Project Overview and Role
- The UK Support to Health transformation in Nigeria through the Lafiya Programme is a flexible, demand-led strategic partnership with the Nigerian Federal and targeted State governments designed to address equity, improve and sustain health outcomes for the most vulnerable States with the worst health statistics.
- The desired objectives of the programme included fostering an enabling environment for UHC policy reform and implementation, institutional management capacity building and health system strengthening.
- This required the full engagement and participation communities with a view to contributing to ending preventable maternal and new-born deaths.
- The programme operated at the Federal level; and geographically in five states of – Borno, Jigawa, Kaduna, Kano and Yobe. Following the ODA cuts, from 0.7% to 0.5% and the spend review handrails, the FCDO reprioritisation and business planning exercise beginning in the last quarter of 2020 and first quarter of 2021 the programme had to scale down some key interventions and consider reviewing the geographic scope going into the next financial years.
- The programme now focuses on contributing to two outcomes (1) Morbidity amongst women, newborns, children, and adolescents significantly reduced in targeted states; and (2) Covid-19 transmission and vaccine hesitancy reduced including improved plans and capacity for emergency preparedness and response in the targeted States:
- Output 1: Advocacy & Accountability – Leadership and Governance of primary health care services structures or planning and delivery teams are functional in targeted states (through partnership)
- Output 2: Adequate health workforce for primary health care including RMNCAH service delivery and BHCPF available and sustained in targeted states
- Output 3: Health information management systems capacity to support decision-making for primary health care including RMNCAH and BHCPF service delivery in targeted states increased
- Output 4: Health financing and public financial management to strengthen and sustain access to high quality and affordable primary health care in targeted states increased
- Output 5: Health security and epidemic preparedness and response (EPR) plans developed and operationalized within the targeted states (by addressing social norms/behaviour change)
- During FY22/23 Palladium seeks the short-term technical services from a suitably qualified expert to serve as facilitator and anchor technical support to focus LGA to ensure delivery of technical assistance implementation of programme and related GA plans and strengthen partnerships towards sustaining the gains of FCDO investment and scale up of best practices
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- The LGA facilitator will coordinate all the LGA level program implementation including advocacy to stakeholders, trainings, monitoring, and supervision of all LAFIYA supported activities, support PHC level HRH registry updates, ensure review meetings are held, and escalate issues that cannot be resolved at the LGA to the State Technical Expert for intervention and quick resolution.
- S/He will ensure supported LGA is implementing the LAFIYA supported system strengthening and EPR micro plans and technically support CHIPs activities in accordance with the National Operational Manual and guidelines.
- Collaborate with other partners in CHIPS roll out in focus LGA with emphasis on BHCPF implementation and work with HRH consultants and state CHIPS focal person in strengthening the monitoring capacity of LGA CHIPS Program Desk Officers of focus LGA.
- With State Technical Expert, provide support to SPHCDA to strengthen the capacity of LGA teams and the Health Facility Managers prepare Quality Improvement & Business Plans, accurate & complete retirement for BHCPF funds, improve data quality and reporting.
- Support the LGA in training of CHIPS agent on demand creation, service provision and quality monitoring of ASRH services.
- Facilitate CHIPS and LGA teams to conduct monthly intensified defaulter tracking for zero dose, SBA and PNC in assigned LGA.
- Support the State Technical Expert in providing technical support for capacity strengthening of LGA LMCU teams and HCWs of focus LGAs on integrated Supply Chain Management (ISCM) and Health Logistics Management Information System to enhance quality LMIS data reporting.
- Support quarterly meeting of LGAs Health Team to track programs progress using the RMNCAEH+N score card.
- Support the roll out of the Ethical Social Financing model at community level in assigned LGA.
- Facilitate the conduct of sensitization and reactivation of EPR committees on their responsibilities in focus Local Government.
- The LGA coordinator are expected to collate and verify the attendance sheet. This entails line by line verification and conduct spot checks for paper attendance, and populate the information from the supporting documents in a required excel template.
- S/he will be responsible for preliminary onsite review of information/data in the field before documents are sent to LAFIYA office in Kano. This is to ensure that discrepancies are detected early, reported, and addressed immediately.
- S/he will collate other support documents that are necessary for payment.
- S/he will send payment schedule to the finance team, for further confirmation and revert to participants with issues that need follow-up.
- Any other duty as assigned by the State’s team.
- First Degree (or HND) in a relevant field
- Relevant post-graduation experience
- Experience working with a Health/Public Health organization.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office packages, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, internet navigation and Outlook.
- Previous experience in the use of electronic data monitoring systems.
- Previous experience working with FCDO funded programme(s) is an added advantage.
Desirable Criteria and Skills:
- Previous training on the use of Mobile Technology for Health Development.
- Previous experience working with State Ministry of Health, LGA and LAFIYA program.
- Proven ability to work as part of a team and independently.
- Ability to work under stressful conditions, flexible and calm under pressure and willingness to be residential at assigned LGA.
- Fluency in English and local language is preferred.
- Training and supervision skills is preferred.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online