Post of Duty: Remote
The IDB Group is a community of diverse, versatile, and passionate people who come together on a journey to improve lives in Latin America and the Caribbean. Our people find purpose and do what they love in an inclusive, collaborative, agile, and rewarding environment.
About this position
We are looking for an experienced, proactive, and team-oriented IT professional to work within the ITO Treasury and Risk Team. You will work with the Loan Financial Management (LFM) System as a developer team member. This Team is responsible of maintaining and supporting the Loan Financial Management System, a Sopra Banking Software Product used for management and administration of the IADB Reimbursable Product Portfolio (Loans, Equity Investments and Guarantees) and supports invoicing, disbursements, collections, and accounting/GL processes.
As Developer and Support Consultant, you will participate in the Upgrade and Improvement of the Loan Financial Management System (LFM), implementing a replacement of the LFM document generation tool as well as managing/supporting the document automation testing framework, among other tasks.
What you’ll do
You will work with the ITE/ITO Loan Management Team to:
- Participate in the LFM Technical Upgrade and Improvement Project to upgrade the LFM system to a newer version.
- Work closely with Technical and Business Subject Matter Experts as well as LFM vendor to support project activities.
- Design/develop a new flexible/scalable document generation solution and templates for a set of documents such as invoices, loan balance letters and others. Integrate the new solution with the existent LFM and ezShare (Sharepoint/document management) systems.
- Develop, maintain and support application and tools to expedite and process automation testing/comparison of documents generated by the Loan Management System and new document generation tool.
- Design and support construction of test cases/scenario as needed and coordinate Testing efforts with other teams. Participate and support in Integration and User Acceptance tests.
- Create and Maintain system documentation to reflect new technology changes, provide any demo/presentation/training to other team members.
- Support daily operations as a part of the internal Support Team.
What you’ll need
- Education: Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent advanced degree) in Computer Science, Information Technology or other fields relevant to the responsibilities of the role.
- Experience: A minimum of 4 years of progressive experience in software development and support/maintenance of applications
- Languages: Proficiency in Spanish and English, spoken and written, is required. Additional knowledge of French and Portuguese is preferable.
- Ability to learn new technologies. Strong Technical, Analytical and Problem-Solving Skills.
- Proactive, Focus on clients.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbally.
- Knowledge of Databases and SQL (Oracle preferred).
- Solid experience programming applications, Web Services and interfaces/integrations, knowledge of Azure, APIs, REST, Python, C#.
- Understanding of change management best practices and knowledge of version management tools such as Git/Bitbucket.
- Experience with financial systems and Testing automation is a plus.
- Citizenship1: You must be a citizen of one of our 48-member countries, and a citizen or permanent resident of a country where the IDB has a Country Office.
- Consanguinity : You have no family members (up to the fourth degree of consanguinity and second degree of affinity, including spouse) working at the IDB, IDB Invest, or IDB Lab.
- Remote Modality: The selected candidate will not provide services from the Bank’s office and will not be provided a physical space on the premises of the Bank’s Country Office. The candidate selected will be responsible for setting up the space, and for having the equipment, internet, and phone accesses to accomplish these TORs, outside the Bank’s office. Access to the Bank’s systems will be arranged in coordination with the Bank.
Type of contract and duration:
- Type of contract: National Consultant (National Remote Modality).
- Length of contract: 12 months
- Work Location: Remote.
What we offer
The IDB group provides benefits that respond to the different needs and moments of an employee’s life. These benefits include:
- A competitive compensation package.
- Leave and vacations : 2 days per month of contract + gender-neutral parental leave.
- Health Insurance the IDB Group provides a monthly allowance for the purchase of health insurance.
- Savings plan : The IDB Group cares about your future, depending on the length of the contract, you will receive a monthly savings plan allowance.
- Hybrid and flexible work schedules.
- Health and wellbeing: Access to our Health Services Center which provides preventive care and health education for all employees.
- Development support: We offer learning opportunities to boost your professional profile such as seminars, 1:1 professional counseling, and much more.
At the IDB Group we work so everyone brings their best and authentic selves to work, willing to try new approaches without fear, and where they are accountable and rewarded for their actions.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging (DEIB) are at the center of our organization. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity and encourage women, LGBTQ+ people, persons with disabilities, Afro-descendants, and Indigenous people to apply.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job interview process. If you are a qualified candidate with a disability, please e-mail us at [email protected] to request reasonable accommodation to complete this application.
Our Human Resources Team reviews carefully every application.
About the IDB Group
The IDB Group, composed of the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB), IDB Invest, and the IDB Lab offers flexible financing solutions to its member countries to finance economic and social development through lending and grants to public and private entities in Latin America and the Caribbean.
We work to improve lives in Latin America and the Caribbean. Through financial and technical support for countries working to reduce poverty and inequality, we help improve health and education and advance infrastructure. Our aim is to achieve development in a sustainable, climate-friendly way. With a history dating back to 1959, today we are the leading source of development financing for Latin America and the Caribbean. We provide loans, grants, and technical assistance; and we conduct extensive research. We maintain a strong commitment to achieving measurable results and the highest standards of integrity, transparency, and accountability.
Follow us : https://www.linkedin.com/company/inter-american-development-bank/
1 For National Remote Consultant: Argentina, Barbados, Bahamas, Belize, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Mexico, Nicaragua, Peru, Panama, Paraguay, Suriname, Trinidad & Tobago, Uruguay.
- External Opening Date: Aug 30, 2023
- External Closing Date: Sep 20, 2023
- External Contact Email: [email protected]
- External Contact Name: HR Service Center
- Job Field: Technical Support