Orange is a non-governmental civil society organization devoted to alleviating suffering and improving the sustainability mechanisms of the conflict-affected population.
Since its establishment in 2016, Orange partners directly with affected Syrian populations delivering programmes spanning sectors, including humanitarian and development programmes, in the Early Recovery, Food Security, Agriculture, Livelihoods, Education, and Protection, in addition to long-term impact interventions focusing on the economic empowerment and the local value chains improvements to enable targeted communities to improve their living practices and their sustainable mechanisms.
Orange collaborates with a variety of national and international non-governmental organizations, as well as local initiatives, to adopt a community-based approach that leads to improving the response’s impact to the humanitarian crisis, and provides sustainable and alternative solutions.
The Project Officer will be line managed by the livelihoods project manager and will be responsible for implementing comprehensive livelihood activities in the targeted location within Orange’s program framework and in line with Orange’s standards. The Officer will be responsible for line management of the Livlihoods center staff, leading and overseeing planned activities, designing tools, and overall supervision of the training center’s activities to ensure proper implementation with full adherence to donors’ requirements.
Duties, objectives, and competencies:
- Oversee livelihoods center’s activities in accordance with agreed work plans;
- In coordination with the Livelihoods Project Manager, participate in the development of Orange livelihoods programming and enrolment of new ideas in the project feedback mechanism;
- Ensure that a risk analysis in the area of intervention is in place and regularly updated;
- Track the activities’ progress within the area of operations and ensure proper collection of project indicators and provide on-time internal status reports and external donor reports according to donor and other applicable timeframes and formats;
- Report all center’s activities within the agreed deadline with adherence to the project’s requirements and reporting formats;
- Ensure confidentiality and data security controls processes are in place and complied with by Livelihoods center’s staff;
- Identify and advocate for opportunities to mainstream and expand livelihoods activities;
- Review and authorize program financial documents, including reviewing vouchers and supporting documentation in line with donor rules and regulations;
- Monitor protection risks and needs in project sites regularly in alignment with project requirements;
- Report all projects’ security challenges immediately and ensure proper incident reports are submitted;
- Collaborate with the M&E team to ensure monitoring activities are in place and relevant to measure the impact of livelihoods programs and the quality of activities;
- Provide supervision, guidance, and monitoring of program staff, ensuring clarity over program plans and priorities and encouraging effective teamwork;
- Ensure related staff are aware of and understand the M&E methodologies and requirements, including monthly data collection, analysis, and reporting to all key stakeholders in a timely manner;
- Facilitate regular staff meetings to ensure awareness of program objectives, and provide opportunities for feedback and learning;
- Highly contribute to the liaison with Turkish institutions and local authorities, local NGO partners, and CBOs concerning livelihoods activities and project implementation;
- Adhere fully to the commitments and rules of Orange’s Code of Conduct;
- any other duties may request by line manager.
- Business administration, Economy, or any relevant field of study.
- At least three years of proven work experience within the field of livelihoods with at least two years in livelihoods project implementation in Turkey;
- Excellent proven technical knowledge;
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to coordinate with multiple parties and external stakeholders;
- Very good reporting skills;
- Sound judgment and ability to make impartial recommendations;
- Very good computer skills including MS office.
- Excellent English and Arabic language skills (oral and written )
- Experience delivering capacity-building training and materials development is preferred;
- Hard-working, proactive, and able to prioritize and delegate a demanding workload.
Orange’s Values and Principles:
We believe that:
- Maintaining a positive, healthy, and trusting relationship are central to making the partnership a success.
- Appropriately trained and resourced staff and volunteers are key to effective and efficient service and program delivery in the development sector.
We are committed to:
- Shared responsibility, accountability, and decision-making in any partnership.
- Providing access to high-quality learning empowers people and professionals in the development sector, particularly in the developing world.
- Learning from each other strengthens and enhances the long-term sustainability of our services and programs for the benefit of the children and communities we serve.
Child Safeguarding & PSEAH policy
Orange aims to create an organization that is safe for children and women but is also aware of the need to keep child protection concerns proportionate and to guard against over-zealous attitudes. Child and women abuse thrives in closed and secretive atmospheres. Orange’s best protection is to create an open and aware culture where people are not afraid to speak about their concerns.
Any employee, consultant, contractor or the supplier undertaking an activity on behalf of Orange must sign the Child Safeguarding and PSEA– Declaration of Acceptance Form and comply with the Orange child safeguarding and PSEAH Policy which is a statement of Orange commitment to preventing abuse and protecting children with whom it comes into.
How to apply
• Kindly submit your application through this link: https://apps.orange.ngo/jobs/apply/d0f8c000-9f01-4602-a522-c5589d4b23cf
• Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Should you not have heard from us within two weeks after the application deadline, please consider your application as being unsuccessful.
•The position is to be filled ASAP.
• Women are highly encouraged to apply for this position.