IT Assistant ( project )
Job advertisement : Aug 31/2023
Publication cancellation date : Sep 14, 2023, 9:59:00 PM
Organizational Unit: FLMEX
Job type : Temporary work
Requirement Type: PSA ( Personal Service Agreements )
Grade Level: N / A
Main location : Mexico-Mexico City
Duration: 84 days
Position Number: N / A
_ FAO seeks to ensure gender, geographic and linguistic diversity among its staff and its international consultants, in order to serve the Member States of the Organization in the best possible way in all regions.
- FAO is committed to achieving diversity in its workforce in terms of sex, nationality, origin and culture.
- Women, nationals of under-represented or under-represented Member States and persons with disabilities with the necessary qualifications are encouraged to submit their applications.
- All persons working for FAO must comply with the highest standards of professional integrity and conduct and uphold FAO’s values.
- FAO, as a specialized agency of the United Nations, applies a zero tolerance policy for conduct incompatible with its statute, objectives and mandate, in particular sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination.
- All selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
- All requests will be treated with the strictest confidentiality.
The position is located in the FAO representation in Mexico.
Under the direct supervision of the FAO Representative in Mexico and the direct supervision of the project coordinator.
Field of specialization
Tasks and responsibilities
– User support
- Provide guidance to new users on IT tools that FAO makes available.
- Solve access problems to Office 365 tools and FAO systems.
- Ensure user access outside of representation to FAO systems ( GRMS, You @ fao, support in MFA Verification settings )
- Receive, register and supervise requests related to IT issues, in ServiceNow solve IT problems related to Software and Hardware
- Provide technical advice to project and representation users.
- Support for connection of virtual meetings and in the boardroom.
- Sending access credentials to new users, providing training and monitoring.
- Support in the installation of related licenses.
- IT-related guidance to new staff.
– Network and connectivity
- Ensure network security by following security policies and reporting issues when detected.
- Provide training and advice to users in the proper use of the network and in the prevention of computer security problems.
- Perform diagnostic tests and network analysis to identify and resolve problems.
– Informatic team
- Maintain a record of IT assets and keep the local and project office IT inventory list up to date.
- Monitor IT equipment due dates monthly and take upgrade / replacement measures in time.
- In the event that equipment is issued to external organizations, follow the procedures of MS 502 and inform the regional Integrated Service Desk ( ISD ) accordingly.
- Help assign new equipment and periodically update the inventory list of IT equipment in the asset log.
- Support in IT-related equipment acquisitions, application for authorizations for non-standard equipment purchases.
– Corporate and non-corporate software
- Make sure that all official ( desktop and laptop ) equipment is up to date in terms of corporate policy and requirements.
- For all non-corporate software, follow the approval process and ensure that no non-corporate software is installed on the FAO team without official authorization.
- Ensure the security and privacy of user identity ( user credentials ) and user-managed data, following relevant corporate policies.
- Support corporate IT services in accordance with current policies and regulations, ensuring timely provision of the Incident Report ( PIR ) to the regional Integrated Service Desk ( ISD ).
- Troubleshoot requests related to hardware, software and IT services issues, reports and corresponding logs in the corporate Service Management system.
- Fulfill requests for Service Level Agreements ( SLAs ), and when this is not possible to scale the problem to the regional ISD.
- Manage all issue resolution through the help desk, prepare appropriate logs, and maintain records of completed tasks in the help desk ticket tracking system.
– Planning and proactive work
- Support the ISD by providing all necessary assistance in terms of the appropriate ABC categories ( IT Support and Management issues ).
- Identify future needs in the office in terms of equipment, connectivity and moves, informing the ISD in a timely manner.
- Conduct a simulation of the disaster and incident recovery plan, informing ISD of planning, execution, lesson learned, and proposed improvements.
- Be aware of all IT Division policies and ensure compliance.
- Provide IT assistance to staff and visitors for organizational related matters;
- Perform any other duties assigned by ISD related to IT Services.
- Stay committed and ready to take on any task assigned by the supervisor and Representative.
CANDIDATES WILL BE EVALUATED ACCORDING TO THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA:
– An excellent command ( level C ) of Spanish is required, as well as a good knowledge of the English language ( level B ). – Mexican nationality or resident in the country with a regular work permit. – University degree in information and communication technology systems, computer systems, computing or related areas, preferably with a specialty and / or master’s degree. – At least 1 year of work experience in information and communication technology support services, including 2 years in agencies of the United Nations System could be an advantage.
FAO Core Competencies
– Results-based approach – Teamwork – Communication – Effective relationship building – Knowledge sharing and continuous improvement
Technical / functional skills
– Experience in networking and IT equipment support – Experience in Microsoft O365 platform support – Practical experience in Microsoft O365, installation and configuration of systems – High knowledge of hardware and software configuration of desktop and laptop computers – Knowledge of the United Nations System policies, rules and regulations – Relevant Microsoft and Apple certifications desirable. – MCSA certification for the installation and configuration of Windows 10 ( latest version ). – Cisco CCNA certification desirable. – ITIL v4 certification desirable. – Work experience in a customer service environment.
It is noted that all candidates should adhere to the Organization’s values of commitment to FAO, respect for all and integrity and transparency.
- FAO does not charge fees at any stage of the recruitment process ( application, interview, processing ).
- Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you need help or have questions, please contact: [email protected]
- Applications received after the application deadline has expired will not be accepted.
- Please be informed that FAO will only consider academic degrees or credentials obtained from an educational institution included in the Global Higher Education Database, which is a list maintained by the International Association of Universities ( IAU ) / UNESCO. The list can be consulted at: www.whed.net/
- For any other questions visit the FAO employment website: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/es/.
HOW TO APPLY Candidates are requested to attach a letter of motivation to the online profile. We encourage applicants to submit the application well before the deadline. If you need help, or have queries, please contact: [email protected]
FAO IS A NON-SMOKING ENVIRONMENT