Job advertisement : Aug 31/2023
Publication cancellation date : Sep 14, 2023, 9:59:00 PM
Organizational Unit: FLMEX
Job type : Temporary work
Requirement Type: PSA ( Personal Service Agreements )
Grade Level: N / A
Main location : Mexico-Mexico City
Duration: 84 days
Position Number: N / A
_ FAO seeks to ensure gender, geographic and linguistic diversity among its staff and its international consultants, in order to serve the Member States of the Organization in the best possible way in all regions.
- FAO is committed to achieving diversity in its workforce in terms of sex, nationality, origin and culture.
- Women, nationals of under-represented or under-represented Member States and persons with disabilities with the necessary qualifications are encouraged to submit their applications.
- All persons working for FAO must comply with the highest standards of professional integrity and conduct and uphold FAO’s values.
- FAO, as a specialized agency of the United Nations, applies a zero tolerance policy for conduct incompatible with its statute, objectives and mandate, in particular sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination.
- All selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
- All requests will be treated with the strictest confidentiality.
The position is located in the FAO representation in Mexico.
Under the direct supervision of the FAO Representative in Mexico and the direct supervision of the Assistant Representative for Administration.
Field of specialization
Tasks and responsibilities
– User support
- Assist the user for the presentation of materials and videoconferences.
- Provide guidance to new users on IT rules and regulations, particularly regarding IT equipment, printers, scanners, and security issues.
- Provide instructions to users on existing technology and potential use ( One drive for Business, Team-works, MSOffice, Intranet, Skype for Business, etc. ).
- Provide instructions to users on guidelines, policies and standards.
- Receive, record and monitor IT related requests, in Service Now, solve IT problems related to the FAO standard team, escalate problems that cannot be solved before the IT Group of the Regional Office and monitor progress and resolution.
- Provide support to internal missions within the Decentralized Office.
– Collaboration tools
- Provide advice to users on existing technology and potential use of office 365 collaboration tools.
- Provide guidance and technical support to users in solving problems related to collaboration tools.
- Clearly document identified development-related needs.
- Keep an updated record of identified needs, as well as implemented solutions.
– Network and connectivity
- Help develop an adaptable and effective office network infrastructure ( LAN and WAN ) and the respective office connectivity contract.
- Keep office technology maps, architecture, and technical specifications of network infrastructure ( LAN and WAN ) up to date.
- Guarantee network security by following security policies and report problems when they are detected.
– Computer equipment
- Keep track of IT assets and keep the local office IT inventory list up to date;
- Monitor IT team expiration dates monthly and take update / replacement measurements on time.
- In the event that the team is awarded to external organizations, follow the procedures of the MS 502 and report to the Integrated Service Desk ( ISD ) regional accordingly.
- Help assign new equipment and periodically update the inventory list of IT equipment in the asset log.
– Corporate and non-corporate software
- Make sure that all official ( desktop and laptop ) equipment in the office is up to date in terms of corporate policy and requirements.
- Inform users that all unofficial computers cannot connect to the corporate network or use corporate services, except for the public Wi-Fi Internet connection.
- For all non-corporate software, follow the approval process and ensure that no non-corporate software is installed on the FAO team without official authorization.
- Ensure the security and privacy of user identity ( user credentials ) and user-managed data, following relevant corporate policies.
- Support corporate IT services in accordance with current policies and regulations, ensuring the timely provision of the Incident Report ( PIR ) to the Integrated Service Desk ( ISD ) regional.
- Solve application problems related to IT hardware, software and services problems, corresponding reports and records in the corporate Service Management system.
- Comply with requests for SLA’s Service Level Agreements, and when this cannot escalate the problem to the regional ISD.
- Manage all problem solving through the helpdesk, prepare the appropriate records, and keep records of completed tasks in the support service ticket tracking system.
– Planning and proactive work
- Support ISD by providing all necessary assistance in terms of appropriate ABC categories ( IT Support and Management issues ).
- Identify future needs in the office in terms of equipment, connectivity and removals, promptly informing the ISD.
- Simulate the disaster and incident recovery plan, informing ISD about the planning, execution, lesson learned, and proposed improvements.
- Be aware of all IT Division policies and ensure you comply with them.
- Provide IT assistance to staff and visitors for organizational matters.
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the ISD related to IT Services.
- Stay committed and ready to take on any task assigned by the supervisor and the Representative
THE CANDIDATES WILL BE EVALUED IN ARRANGE TO THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA:
– An excellent command ( level C ) of Spanish is required, as well as a good knowledge of the English language ( level B ). – Mexican nationality or resident in the country with a regular work permit. – University degree in information and communication technology systems, computer systems, computers or related areas, preferably with specialty and / or master’s degree. – At least 1 year of work experience in information and communication technology support services, Including 2 years in United Nations System agencies could be an advantage.
FAO core competencies
– Results-based approach – Teamwork – Communication – Effective relationship building – Knowledge sharing and continuous improvement
Technical / functional skills
– Experience in networking and IT equipment support – Experience in Microsoft O365 platform support – Practical experience in Microsoft O365, installation and configuration of systems – High knowledge of hardware and software configuration of desktop and laptop computers – Knowledge of the United Nations System policies, rules and regulations – Relevant Microsoft and Apple certifications desirable. – MCSA certification for the installation and configuration of Windows 10 ( latest version ). – Cisco CCNA certification desirable. – ITIL v4 certification desirable. – Work experience in a customer service environment.
It is noted that all candidates should adhere to the Organization’s values of commitment to FAO, respect for all and integrity and transparency.
- FAO does not charge fees at any stage of the recruitment process ( application, interview, processing ).
- Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you need help or have questions, please contact: [email protected]
- Applications received after the application deadline has expired will not be accepted.
- Please be informed that FAO will only consider academic degrees or credentials obtained from an educational institution included in the Global Higher Education Database, which is a list maintained by the International Association of Universities ( IAU ) / UNESCO. The list can be consulted at: www.whed.net/
- For any other questions visit the FAO employment website: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/es/.
HOW TO APPLY Candidates are requested to attach a letter of motivation to the online profile. We encourage applicants to submit the application well before the deadline. If you need help, or have queries, please contact: [email protected]
FAO IS A NON-SMOKING ENVIRONMENT