Job Title: Internal Auditor
Close Date: 17/11/2023
Job Code: VI-HR-REC-2023-61
To ensures compliance with internal procedures and maintains knowledge of and local regulations.
– Ensures violet complies with internal regulations, protocols, policies and SOP’s.
– Examines documentation, including reports, statements, records, and memos to gather information and submit the feedback.
– Researching discrepancies, operational problems, or other issues. Examining records, reports, receipts, or other documents and comparing them to organization assets and liabilities.
– Bringing organization strengths and weaknesses to the attention of management and providing advice as they develop responses or fixes for these issues.
– Generating reports and presenting findings to management or other interested parties.
– Develops standard paperwork and questionnaires to confirm internal controls
– Participates in meetings with individuals and departments to update auditees on findings and the audit process
– Prepares reports and preserves documentation pertaining to audits for internal record
– Presents summarised findings concerning audit results and trends for internal groups
– Analyses audit results to determine methods for increasing Operational effectiveness and decreasing unnecessary costs
– Assesses best financial practices for an organization and makes relevant, informed suggestions
– Keeps up-to-date on audit procedures and regulations by attending conferences, workshops.
Note: the above mentioned key responsibilities/accountabilities are illustrative ones. Another future responsibilities/accountabilities may be assigned to the job depending on the department organizational chart.
Qualification (Education/Work Experience):
– University degree in internal Auditing, financial accounting or financial management, or business administration or similar background.
– A minimum of 4-years’ experience in internal Auditing, financial accounting or financial management field in NGO/INGO.
– Very good in English (Speaking and Writing), Arabic is the mother tongue.
– Master degree in internal Auditing, financial accounting or financial management, or business administration or similar background.
– More than 4 years in internal Auditing, financial accounting or financial management field in NGO/INGO.
– Advance level of both English, Arabic is the mother tongue, and good level of Turkish.
Core & Managerial Competencies &Technical
Planning and Organizing
Commitment to Continuous Leading
Strong conceptual and practical understanding of the role and purpose of M&E and accountability for humanitarian organizations
Strong written and verbal communications skills required in English
Strong capacity for M&E analysis and research
Demonstrated capability to produce high-quality monitoring, evaluation, accountability, and learning reports
Ability to use MS Office programs, particularly Excel (advanced skills are an asset)
Knowledge of KoBo, GIS, and Power BI is considered an asset
English language required; Arabic and/or Turkish desirable;
Good organizational skills, time management skills, and an ability to prioritize multiple and demanding tasks
Adaptable, self-motivated, and willing to learn and take on extra duties as required.
Child Protection Policy
Child abuse is unacceptable to Violet, which recognizes its responsibility to protect children from harm in all areas of its work. Violet is committed to ensuring a child-safe environment and is applying a zero-tolerance approach toward any kind of child abuse and exploitation.
Discrimination, Abuse, and Harassment Policy
Violet expressly prohibits and will not tolerate any form of discrimination, abuse, or harassment (sexual or otherwise), based on race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship status, disability, or military status. Violet employees and related personnel must under no circumstances participate in any form of discrimination, harassment, or abuse (physical, sexual, or verbal), intimidation or exploitation, or in any other way infringe the rights of others inside or outside Violet.
How to apply
Interested candidates, please attach a Curriculum Vitae in English and a Cover letter (in a separate file of no more than one A4 page) describing how your skills and experience match the requirements of this post.
Applications in languages other than English will not be reviewed: https://forms.violetsyria.org/jobs/vi-hr-rec-2023-61/
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.