IFD/CMF Communications Consultant
Post of duty: Washington DC.
The IDB Group is a community of diverse, versatile, and passionate people who come together on a journey to improve lives in Latin America and the Caribbean. Our people find purpose and do what they love in an inclusive, collaborative, agile, and rewarding environment.
About this position:
Established in 1959, the Inter-American Development Bank (“IDB” or “Bank”) is the main source of financing for economic, social, and institutional development in Latin America and the Caribbean. It provides loans, grants, guarantees, policy advice and technical assistance to the public and private sectors of its borrowing countries.
To address and support member countries in the area of inclusive and environmentally sustainable productive development. The Connectivity Markets and Finance (CMF) Division assists member countries to overcome the financing barriers that limit their productive development. Areas of work include financial inclusion, financial and fiscal risk management, financial transparency, housing finance, public debt management, green finance, among others.
The Connectivity, Markets and Finance Division is looking for a dynamic communications consultant to lead external and internal communications efforts related to the division’s work. The consultant will work in close collaboration with the division’s coordination team as well as with the IDB’s Knowledge, Innovation and Communications Sector (KIC) focal point.
What you’ll do :
The Communication Consultant will lead the external and internal communications efforts to contribute to the development and implementation of CMF’S communications strategy, working closely with the Division Chief and the division’s coordination team to define short, medium, and long‑term goals. Key tasks include: Communications strategies development:
- Development of the annual communication strategy for the division and work areas in agreement with the leaders of the division.
- Identifying internal and external audiences and influencers.
- Ensuring alignment with the overall IDB communication strategy, policies, and brand identity guidelines.
- Build and sustain effective professional relationships with key internal and external contacts (including KICs, external providers, stakeholders, etc.)
- Oversee planning, coordination, scheduling, and logistics, often across multiple teams, for seamless execution of campaigns and other communications-related activities, as well as smooth and timely distribution of related products, with the support of the corporate communications team (KIC).
Graphic design and messaging development:
- Write and/or oversee the preparation, production, and dissemination of both routine and complex best-in-class outreach products for print or digital purposes (e.g., backgrounders, media packets, news releases, features, talking points, blogs, presentations, brochures, Q&As, websites, fact sheets, social media, briefing notes, etc.) that promote the strategic and timely flow of information and major issues about CMF and the areas of work. Help manage events, including sectors-specific conferences, and meetings of the division and the sectors involved.
- Take a deep dive into CMF work areas to secure strong narratives, understand challenges and opportunities, and master key facts and figures.
- Develop impactful content with tone and format tailored to the needs and audiences.
Events production and knowledge management:
- Support in the planning, organization, and dissemination of virtual, hybrid, and on-site events.
- Provide logistical support and content review in the production of the knowledge products. (Support includes the language consistency review between documents as well as coordination with external editors, translators, graphic designers, and other collaborators as needed.)
- Keep a tracking system of the division’s publications as well as the pipeline of products to disseminate.
What you’ll need:
- Education: bachelor’s degree or equivalent degree in one of the following fields: Marketing, Communications, Journalism, Graphic Design or another related field. .
- Experience: At least 2 years of professional experience in strategy, and communications. Experience in driving brand strategy work and operationalizing the output across an organization. You also have relevant experience in Development Organizations.
- Languages: Proficiency in Spanish and English, spoken and written, is required. Additional knowledge of French and Portuguese is preferable.
Key skills :
- Ability to convey complex ideas in a clear, direct, and engaging style for a variety of platforms including digital media. Fluency in other languages a plus.
- Excellent organizational and project-management skills, proven ability to perform multiple tasks independently, adjusting to priorities and achieving results meeting agreed objectives and within sometimes very tight deadlines.
- Proven ability to capture trends, case studies and innovations in communications products in a compelling, easy-to-understand manner.
- Proven ability to think strategically and rapidly analyze diverse information from varied sources and an ability to learn, adapt, and to be innovative as new communications challenges arise.
- Self-motivated, creative, and ability to think out of the box and proactively propose new ideas and approaches.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a willingness to work in a multicultural and multidisciplinary team environment.
- Experience in content planning and administration of corporate social networks and websites.
- Graphic design skills and ability to work with internal and external suppliers.
- Citizenship: You are a citizen of one of our 48-member countries.
- Consanguinity : You have no family members (up to the fourth degree of consanguinity and second degree of affinity, including spouse) working at the IDB, IDB Invest, or IDB Lab.
Type of contract and duration:
- Type of contract: International Consultant Full Time (CNS).
- Length of contract: 12 months .
- Work Location: On site.
What we offer:
The IDB group provides benefits that respond to the different needs and moments of an employee’s life. These benefits include:
- A competitive compensation packages.
- Leaves and vacations : 2 days per month of contract + gender- neutral parental leave.
- Health Insurance : the IDB Group provides a monthly allowance for the purchase of health insurance.
- Savings plan : The IDB Group cares about your future, depending on the length of the contract, you will receive a monthly savings plan allowance.
- We offer assistance with relocation and visa applications for you and your family when it applies.
- Hybrid and flexible work schedules.
- Development support: We offer learning opportunities to boost your professional profile such as seminars, 1:1 professional counseling, and much more.
- Health and wellbeing: Access to our Health Services Center which provides preventive care and health education for all employees.
- Other perks: Lactation Room, Daycare Center, Gym, Bike Racks, Parking, and others.
At the IDB Group we work so everyone brings their best and authentic selves to work, willing to try new approaches without fear, and where they are accountable and rewarded for their actions.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging (DEIB) are at the center of our organization. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity and encourage women, LGBTQ+ people, persons with disabilities, Afro-descendants, and Indigenous people to apply.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job interview process. If you are a qualified candidate with a disability, please e-mail us at email@example.com to request reasonable accommodation to complete this application.
Our Human Resources Team reviews carefully every application.
About the IDB Group:
The IDB Group, composed of the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB), IDB Invest, and the IDB Lab offers flexible financing solutions to its member countries to finance economic and social development through lending and grants to public and private entities in Latin America and the Caribbean.
We work to improve lives in Latin America and the Caribbean. Through financial and technical support for countries working to reduce poverty and inequality, we help improve health and education and advance infrastructure. Our aim is to achieve development in a sustainable, climate-friendly way. With a history dating back to 1959, today we are the leading source of development financing for Latin America and the Caribbean. We provide loans, grants, and technical assistance; and we conduct extensive research. We maintain a strong commitment to achieving measurable results and the highest standards of integrity, transparency, and accountability.
Follow us : https://www.linkedin.com/company/inter-american-development-bank/
- External Opening Date: Jul 14, 2023
- External Closing Date: Aug 4, 2023
- Job Field: Technical Support