IDB Invest Investment Management Officer- Equity & Mezzanine – Financial Products & Services Division
Based in Latin America or the Caribbean
The IDB Group is a community of diverse, versatile, and passionate people who come together on a journey to improve lives in Latin America and the Caribbean. Our people find purpose and do what they love in an inclusive, collaborative, agile, and rewarding environment.
About this position
Are you passionate about investing in innovative high growth companies in the Latin American and the Caribbean region to have a positive impact on the lives of millions? If so, we may be looking for you!
You will work in the Equity and Mezzanine Team part of the Financial Products and Services division. This team is responsible for supporting the origination, structuring, negotiation, approval, and closing of equity and mezzanine investment transactions in the region.
What you’ll do :
- Participate in industry gatherings and do market research to support the business origination and execution efforts aligned with our investment strategy.
- Evaluate investment opportunities using appropriate screening criteria, prepare concept notes assessing project risks and advising on appropriate risk mitigation actions.
- Perform valuations of equity instruments using various valuation methodologies
- Coordinate due diligence to gather the necessary technical, legal, economic, and financial information to verify the merits of potential investment opportunities.
- Structure, and implement transactions with the help of external and internal counsel in a way that is consistent with our operating policies.
- Participate in adding new value to portfolio companies and monitoring their performance.
- Plan and carry out exit plans.
- Prepare lessons learned from projects.
What you’ll need
- Education: You have an MBA or Masters in Finance, International Development, or a relevant field.
- Experience: You have at least five (5) years of professional relevant experience in equity and mezzanine transactions either on behalf of a principal or mandated advisor. Very strong financial modeling/valuation and analytical skills are required.
- Languages: Proficiency in Spanish and English, spoken and written, is required. Additional knowledge of French and Portuguese is preferable.
- Mentor and develop
- Promote Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging
- Focus on clients
- Communicate and influence
- Innovate and try new things
- Citizenship: No requirements
- Consanguinity : You have no family members (up to the fourth degree of consanguinity and second degree of affinity, including spouse) working at the IDB, IDB Invest, or IDB Lab.
Type of contract and duration
- National staff contract, 36 months initially, renewable upon mutual agreement.
What we offer
- The IDB group provides benefits that respond to the different needs and moments of an employee’s life. These benefits include:
- A competitive compensation package.
- Leaves and vacations : 24 days of paid time off + 8 personal days + sick leave + gender-neutral parental leave.
- Health Insurance : IDB Group provides employees and eligible dependents with a robust medical benefits program that covers medical, dental, vision, preventive care, and prescription drugs.
- Pension plan : defined benefit pension plan that provides financial security and supports employees in planning for their future.
- Hybrid and flexible work schedules.
- Health and wellbeing: Access to our Health Services Center which provides preventive care and health education for employees.
- Development support : We offer tools to boost your professional profile such as mentoring, 1:1 professional counseling, training, and learning opportunities, language classes, mobility options, among others.
At the IDB Group we work so everyone brings their best and authentic selves to work, willing to try new approaches without fear, and where they are accountable and rewarded for their actions.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging (DEIB) are at the center of our organization. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity and encourage women, LGBTQ+ people, persons with disabilities, Afro-descendants, and Indigenous people to apply.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job interview process. If you are a qualified candidate with a disability, please e-mail us at [email protected] to request reasonable accommodation to complete this application.
Our Human Resources Team reviews carefully every application.
About the IDB Group
The IDB Group, composed of the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB), IDB Invest, and the IDB Lab offers flexible financing solutions to its member countries to finance economic and social development through lending and grants to public and private entities in Latin America and the Caribbean.
About IDB Invest
IDB Invest, a member of the IDB Group, is a multilateral development bank committed to promoting the economic development of its member countries in Latin America and the Caribbean through the private sector. IDB Invest finances sustainable companies and projects to achieve financial results and improve economic, social, and environmental development in the region. With a portfolio of $16.3 billion in asset management and 394 clients in 25 countries, IDB Invest provides innovative financial solutions and advisory services that meet the needs of its clients in a broad range of industries.
Follow us: https://www.linkedin.com/company/idbinvest/
- External Opening Date: Aug 17, 2023
- External Closing Date: Sep 17, 2023
- External Contact Email: [email protected]
- External Contact Name: HR Service Center
- Job Field: Investment Management