Background Information – Job-specific
UNOPS is a driving force of the United Nations system that provides infrastructure services, project and procurement management as a contribution to achieving a better world and achieving the Sustainable Development Goals.
Our vision is a world in which people can lead a full life thanks to adequate infrastructure, sustainable and resilient as well as the efficient and transparent use of public resources in procurement and project management.
Our mission is to help people improve their living conditions and countries to achieve sustainable development.
With staff of more than 7,000 employees spread across more than 80 countries, UNOPS offers its partners the logistical, technical and managerial knowledge they need and where they need it. The organization’s flexible structure and global reach make it able to respond to the needs of partners quickly and in turn benefit from economies of scale.
As part of the Agreement with the National Institute for Training and Training for Human Development ( INADEH ) for the project called “ Assistance to INADEH in the implementation of the CAF loan contract for the Financing of the INADEH ” Comprehensive Improvement and Transformation Plan, UNOPS will provide support in the Institutional Component of said project, in different operational areas that need to be transformed. Similarly, other projects of this nature may requireFunctional Responsibilities
The Technology Specialist must assist the Project Manager in complying with the strategy of the UNOPS Panama office ( PAPC ) on Project Management Capacities, respecting UNOPS institutional regulations, procedures and regulations.
- Understand the technological requirements and needs of INADEH both of the current technological architecture, as well as the technological architecture that is intended to be achieved.
- Review and validate the technological architecture requirements proposed by the successful bidder for the implementation of the software to be purchased.
- Review the availability and functionality plans of the technological resources necessary by INADEH, such as licenses, servers, networks and computer security for the correct and safe operation of the acquired platform.
- Collaborate with the supplier team and the INADEH technology area in the configuration and technological integration of the system.
- Ensure that the implementation of the technological solution is aligned to the requirements and guidelines of the governing entities in terms of technological implementation and supply of computer solutions in public entities of the Republic of Panama
- Work on a day-to-day basis together with the Technical Coordinator proposed by the provider of the Computer Solution and its technical counterpart of INADEH, ensuring compliance with :
- The alignment of the implementation with the vision of the technology area.
- Validation and approval of proposed improvements to the technology to be implemented
- Documentation of agreements arising from work meetings between supplier teams and INADEH managers regarding the technical needs of the computer solution.
To access the full job description, please download the attached Terms of Reference.
Education / Experience / Language requirements
- Title at the bachelor’s level of preference in Systems Engineering and / or Computer Engineering and / or Computer Engineering and / or Electronic Engineering and / or Software Engineering and/o Computer Security Engineering and / or Telecommunications Engineering and / or Computer Degree.
- Desirable master’s level title ( equivalent to Master’s degree ) preferably in Project Management or related to the mentioned subjects and can replace some of the years of experience required .
- Desirable to have completed specialized training courses in Cloud computing, Networks and communications, Computer Security, Agile Methodologies, Database Administration and Tunning, Fourth Generation Programming Languages, Implementation of technological infrastructure.
***Please attach academic diplomas or academic certifications *** in your application***.
- 4 years of experience ( or less depending on the academic level ) relevant professional in Design and Implementation of ERP-type information systems.
- Proven experience in Dimensioning and infrastructure management and / or Technological architecture.
- It will be positively valued to contribute professional experience in International Organizations.
- You must have your own computer equipment and tools for process analysis.
- Spanish language proficiency is required.
- Intermediate command of English, it is desirable.
UNOPS is an inclusive employer, so we invite women and men to apply regardless of ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We are committed to promoting equitable representation. We appreciate that people who self-determine as Afro-descendants, indigenous people, as well as people with disabilities, members of the LGTBIQ + communities and / or other underrepresented groups in national contexts, Please indicate this voluntarily in the motivation letter when applying for this vacancy.ES Competencies
It shows understanding the impact its role has on all partners and always puts the beneficiary first. Develops and maintains strong external relationships and is a competent partner for others ( if it enters its functions ).
Evaluates the data and procedures to be followed to achieve logical and pragmatic decisions. Take an impartial and rational approach with calculated risks. Apply innovation and creativity to the problem-solving process.
Effectively establishes a line of action of your own and / or for others with the aim of achieving a goal. The actions lead to the correct achievement of the task with special attention to quality in all areas. Identify opportunities and take the initiative to act. Understand that the responsible use of resources maximizes the impact that we can have on our beneficiaries.
Treat all individuals with respect, respond tactfully to differences, and encourage others to do the same. Defend ethical and organizational standards. Maintains high standards of trust. It is a model for diversity and inclusion.
It is open to change and flexible in an environment with a high work rate. Adapt your perspective to changing circumstances or requirements. Reflect on past experiences and modify your own behavior. Performance is constant, even under pressure. Always pursue continuous improvement.
Express ideas or facts clearly, concisely and openly. Communication indicates a consideration for the feelings and needs of others. Actively listen and proactively share knowledge. Manage conflicts effectively by overcoming differences of opinion and finding a common denominator.
It acts as a positive model that contributes to team spirit. Collaborate and support the development of others. For Personnel Administrators Only: By using appropriate leadership styles, it acts as a model of positive leadership, motivates, directs, and inspires others to succeed.
Contract type, level and duration
- Type of Contract: LICA – Local Independent Contractor Agreement
- Contract Level: Contract level LICA-9
- Contract Duration: 12 months, with possibilities of extension according to performance and financial availability.
- Service retention contract ( Retainer ): This type of contract establishes an estimated number of days to work during the period. The Supervisor will call the contractor to work only on the days necessary and will be paid only for the days worked. The contractor must have its own portable computer / equipment and its tools for documentation and process modeling.
- Work and personal life balance: UNOPS values its staff and recognizes the importance of maintaining a balance between professional and personal responsibilities. We have a work-personal balance policy and offer several flexible schedule possibilities.
UNOPS is an inclusive employer, so we invite women and men to apply regardless of ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We are committed to promoting equitable representation. Upon request, UNOPS seeks the possibility of accommodating candidates with special needs. For more details about the ICA contractual modality, please follow this link: https://www.unops.org/english/Opportunities/job-opportunities/what-we-offer/Pages/Individual-Contractor-Agreements.aspx
- Unsolicited applications will not be accepted.
- Nominations received after the deadline will not be considered.
- Only selected candidates will be contacted, who will be invited to the next phase of the selection process, which consists of several evaluations.
- UNOPS celebrates diversity and is committed to equal employment opportunities. UNOPS workforce is made up of people of diverse nationalities, cultures, languages, races, gender identities, sexual orientations, and abilities. UNOPS aims to maintain and strengthen this diversity to ensure equal opportunities, as well as an inclusive work environment for its entire workforce.
- UNOPS encourages qualified candidates, as well as qualified candidates from underrepresented groups in the UNOPS staff, to apply. These groups include people from racialized or indigenous groups, members of gender identities and minority sexual orientations, as well as people with disabilities.
- UNOPS would like to ensure that all candidates can perform to the best of their ability during the evaluation process. If you are selected and need additional assistance to complete an evaluation test, such as reasonable adjustments, please inform the person responsible for human resources when you receive the invitation.
Terms and conditions
- For civil service positions, UNOPS reserves the right to designate a candidate for a lower level than that published in the vacancy announcement.
- Holders of container modality contracts must complete a series of compulsory courses before starting to provide services to UNOPS. These courses must be completed outside the hours worked for UNOPS and the total approximate duration is about four hours. For more information on container modality contracts, see this page.
- All UNOPS staff have a responsibility to carry out their tasks in accordance with the Charter of the United Nations and the policies and instructions of UNOPS, as well as with the corresponding accountability frameworks. Furthermore, all staff must demonstrate that they understand the Sustainable Development Goals in line with the core values of the United Nations and Our Common Agenda.
- Within its policies, UNOPS conducts background checks on all potential candidates. Recruitment at UNOPS is contingent on the results of such verifications.
Additional information How-to-send-a-good-application_ES.pdf ( 555 KB ) How to apply_ES.pdf ( 2.4 MB ) Copy of 22875_TdR_Specialist Tecnología_RETAINER – final.docx>