HR Assistant (HR Administration)
Manila (Global) Administrative Centre (MAC)
Open to Internal and External Candidates
Job classification : General Staff
Grade : G-5
Duty station : Manila (Global) Administrative Centre (MAC)
Type of Appointment : Fixed term, one year with possibility of extension
Closing date : 16 Mar 2023
Salary : Php 638,273 per annum net of taxes
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
The Human Resources Administration Unit (HRAU), located in the Manila Human Resources Operations and Administrative Services (MHRO), is responsible for providing the full range of personnel support services pertaining to administration of contracts, benefits, and entitlements to IOM staff in the Professional category and General Service staff in Switzerland.
Under the overall supervision of the Head, HRAU, and the direct supervision of the National HR Officer, the successful candidate will process personnel actions for staff in the Professional category in a specific area of responsibility.
Core Functions / Responsibilities
1. Provide information and documentation to staff members as required.
2. Respond to staff queries via phone, Microsoft Teams, and e-mail relating to HR administration for staff within the assigned area of responsibility in an accurate and timely manner.
3. Review, process, and complete HR actions relating to low-risk contract administration actions as well as benefits and entitlements for all staff within the assigned area of responsibility, as defined in the HRAU Transaction Approval Matrix, within the agreed service levels for each action.
4. Generate reports related to contract administration.
5. Coordinate with (Senior) Resources Management Officers, HR Officers, Regional Directors / Chiefs of Missions / Heads of Office, HQ Departments, and BUD for the necessary approvals for contract administration actions.
6. Respond to staff members’ requests for correspondence and prepare necessary
attestations and certificates.
7. Accurately update HR master data in the Organisation’s Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system, as required.
8. Escalate complex cases for resolution.
9. Complete all human resources actions relating to time keeping and time management, including those impacting payroll within the timelines defined by the Payroll Unit, to ensure accurate payment of salary.
10. Perform other related duties as may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Psychology or related field with three years of relevant professional experience; or,
- High school diploma with five years of relevant experience.
- Experience in Human Resources Management and personnel administration
- Experience using an ERP system.
- Experience in an international organization, non-government or government organisation, in a multi-cultural setting, is an advantage.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of IOM/UN HR procedures and rules is an asset.
- Knowledge of SAP highly desirable.
For this position, fluency in English is required. Knowledge of a second official UN language is desirable.
Inclusion & respect for diversity
- Shows respect and sensitivity towards gender, culture, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, political conviction and other differences.
- Encourages the inclusion of all team members and stakeholders while demonstrating the ability to work constructively with people with different backgrounds and orientations.
- Promotes the benefits of diversity; values diverse points of view and demonstrate this in daily work and decision making.
- Challenges prejudice, biases and intolerance in the workplace.
Integrity & transparency
- Upholds and promotes the Standards of Conduct and Unified Staff Regulations and Rules.
- Delivers on commitments; manages the organization’s resources reliably and sustainably.
- Embraces and encourages transparency, balancing this with the need for discretion and confidentiality as appropriate.
- Maintains impartiality and takes prompt action in cases of unprofessional or unethical behaviour.
- Does not abuse one’s position and acts without consideration of personal gain. Is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns.
- Demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter and willingness to improve knowledge and skills.
- Seeks to raise professional standards in self and others through daily work and activities.
- Adapts quickly to change and is decisive and versatile in face of uncertainty.
- Shows self-control and persistence when faced with difficult problems, and remains calm in stressful situations.
- Is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results.
- Accepts personal responsibility for quality and timeliness of work.
- Takes ownership of all responsibilities within own role and honours commitments to others and to the Organization.
- Operates in compliance with organizational regulations and rules.
- Accepts and gives constructive criticism; acknowledges and corrects mistakes and apply lessons learned for improvement.
- Presents information using language and sequence of ideas that is easy for recipients to understand.
- Adapts communication to the recipient’s needs, asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication.
- Encourages others to share their views, using active listening to demonstrate openness and to build understanding of different perspectives.
- Listens carefully and genuinely to the views and positions of others; acts on received information.
Managing and sharing knowledge
- Keeps abreast of new developments in own field of competence and creates opportunities for knowledge management initiatives.
- Shares knowledge and learning willingly, and proactively seeks to learn from the experiences of others.
- Puts new learning into practice and draws on diverse sources of ideas and inspiration.
- Contributes to the identification of improvements to work processes and assists in implementing them.
- Establishes strong relationships with colleagues and partners; relates well to people at all levels.
- Is fully aware of the team purpose, respects and understands individual and collective responsibilities.
- Willingly puts in extra effort without being asked and adopts a “hands-on” approach whenever necessary to achieve team objectives.
- Coordinates own work with that of the team to meet agreed priorities and deadlines.
- Produces quality results and provides quality services to clients.
- Meets goals and timelines for delivery of products or services.
- Manages time and resources efficiently, monitoring progress and making adjustments as necessary.
- Shows understanding of own role and responsibilities in relation to expected results.
How to apply
Interested applicants may send their applications to [email protected] no later than 16 March 2023. VN Number and Position Title (VN 008-009/2023 – HR Assistant (HR Administration)) should be specified in the SUBJECT field.
IOM welcomes applicants from qualified individuals, irrespective of their race, religion, skin, color, nationality, age, disability status, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family structure, mental health status, or any other characteristic.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and an offer will be made following the confirmation of funding.