General Description of the Organization:
Orange is a non-governmental civil society organization devoted to alleviating suffering and improving the sustainability mechanisms of the conflict-affected population.
Since its establishment in 2016, Orange partners directly with affected Syrian populations delivering programmes spanning sectors, including humanitarian and development programmes, in the Early Recovery, Food Security, Agriculture, Livelihoods, Education, and Protection, in addition to long-term impact interventions focusing on the economic empowerment and the local value chains improvements to enable targeted communities to improve their living practices and their sustainable mechanisms.
Orange collaborates with a variety of national and international non-governmental organizations, as well as local initiatives, to adopt a community-based approach that leads to improving the response’s impact to the humanitarian crisis, and provides sustainable and alternative solutions.
The Home based business [HBB] Trainer will work within Orange centre and will be supervised by the livelihoods project officer to conduct the training courses to project’s participants within orange’s program framework and in line with Orange’s standards.
Duties, objectives and competencies:
- Contribute to the development and enhancing the skills training topics in coordination with the project coordinator and ensure meeting Orange’s quality terms and conditions.
- Ensure the coverage of the required knowledge which includes but not limited to:
- Understand the concepts and importance of business planning for new ventures.
- Build complete business plans for their start-ups.
- Undertake market research and analysis for a business idea.
- Analyse the relevant expected cost and revenue estimation.
- Know how to control a business plan.
- Support the beneficiaries in the business proposal preparation phase after the delivery of the business skills training.
- Deliver the training to the project participants with full adherence to Orange’s training courses terms, conditions, and quality measures.
- Ensure the completion of training documentation including attendance sheets, and pre-tests, final evaluation, etc.
- Contribute the Media coverage of the conducted training in coordination with the Media officer.
- Report the training courses process and results to the project coordinator and respond to all required enhancements set by the project coordinator.
- Follow up with the training participants and respond to all possible enquiries and questions.
- Engage in outreach activities related to the project (with community members, local NGOs, and private sector contacts)
- Suggest and discuss new approaches related to skills training courses and entrepreneurship based on the evolving beneficiaries needs.
- Work closely with the monitoring team on the timely monitoring and evaluation of relevant components – information, beneficiary selection, beneficiary feedback about activities, etc
- Business administration, Economics, Educational Sciences or relevant field of study.
- At least 2 years proven work experience in the field of business training and capacity development.
- Strong communication skills, negotiation skills & emotional stability.
- Good reporting skills;
- Good analytical skills
- Good computer skills including MS office.
- Fluency in Arabic and good English language skills (spoken, written and reading), the Turkish language will be an asset.
Orange’s Values and Principles:
We believe that:
- Maintaining a positive, healthy, and trusting relationship are central to making the partnership a success.
- Appropriately trained and resourced staff and volunteers are key to effective and efficient service and program delivery in the development sector.
We are committed to:
- Shared responsibility, accountability, and decision-making in any partnership.
- Providing access to high-quality learning to empower people and professionals in the development sector, particularly in the developing world.
- Learning from each other to strengthen and enhance the long-term sustainability of our services and programs for the benefit of children and communities that we serve.
Child Safeguarding & PSEAH policy
Orange aims to create an organization that is safe for children and women but is also aware of the need to keep child protection concerns proportionate and to guard against over-zealous attitudes. Child and women abuse thrives in closed and secretive atmospheres. Orange’s best protection is to create an open and aware culture where people are not afraid to speak about their concerns.
Any employee, consultant, contractor or the supplier undertaking an activity on behalf of Orange must sign the Child Safeguarding and PSEA– Declaration of Acceptance Form and comply with the Orange child safeguarding and PSEAH Policy which is a statement of Orange commitment to preventing abuse and protecting children with whom it comes into.
How to apply
• Kindly submit your application through this link: https://apps.orange.ngo/jobs/apply/a798dbbe-9b36-472b-9703-772999bbfbbb
• Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Should you not have heard from us within two weeks after the application deadline, please consider your application as being unsuccessful.
•The position is to be filled ASAP.
• Women are highly encouraged to apply for this position.