INTERNSHIP: 6 months
Position taking : ASAP
PUI in all corners of the world
With its 40 years of’experience, First International Emergency :
- Helped out nearly 6 million beneficiaries
- With a budget of more than 100 Millions € per year
- Distributed in 24 country, on 5 continents
- Thanks to the’involvement and’engagement of :
- More than 2500 national collaborators
- About 225 expatriates of 50 different nationalities
- And 120 employees at headquarters
PUI works in 10 sectors of’intervention and is distinguished by the implementation of’an integrated approach in its response. This method aims to identify and understand the’ set of needs of people affected by a crisis. Our teams are mobilizing to provide a global response to the’ set of basic needs of populations victims of humanitarian crises in the’ emergency to allow them to regain autonomy and dignity.
Focus on the Technical & Capitalization Service
The Technical & Capitalization Service consists of 9 people. The mission of its members is to try to reduce the burden of undernutrition in all its forms.
And the Health and Nutrition Trainee in all this?
Within the public health branch of the Technical and Capitalization Service (STC), which has 1 Public Health Assistant to the STC manager, 1 referent Pharmacy, 4 referents Health and Nutrition, 2 referent.es Mental Health and Psychosocial Support (SMSPS) You will work under the direct supervision of’un.e referent.e health and nutrition and in close collaboration with the refernt.es SMSPS. You will be required to work with field staff, head office programme managers and other technical staff of the STC.
The objective of the internship will be to participate in the technical and programmatic strengthening of interventions aimed at preventing, detecting and treating malnutrition within our intervention areas and within the framework of an integrated approach. You will work, with the health and nutrition reference / reference to create and consolidate a toolbox according to field experiences covering the following nutrition approaches: 1 / PCIMA, 2/Interventions based on community ( including but not exhaustive, Support group, Mother to Mother support group, positive deviance, etc ), 3 / Innovative approaches / alternatives, 4 / MAMI, 5/SMS in nutrition, 6 / EHA in nutrition. You will also participate in the establishment of an inventory of activities implemented by the missions, in the formalization of existing learning.
What you will need to get this internship
- A Convention issued by your training organization !: As such, you can justify a training in public health, or nutrition applied to undernutrition and are currently in training.
- Experience: A first experience at the’International will be valued.
- Skills: You are demonstrating a good communication’, excellent writing skills and a spirit of synthesis’. You have knowledge of research and methodology. You master the office pack perfectly. You have knowledge in nutrition, malnutrition and approaches to care and /or community based.
- Qualities required: You are autonomous, have a sense of responsibility and’organization and are rigorous in your work.
- Languages: French and English have no secrets for you ? So much the better, these are two essential languages for this internship !
The tutor’s word
« If you are looking to better understand the functioning of an international humanitarian organization and how to develop projects for the prevention and management of malnutrition in the context of humanitarian crisis. If you want to expand your skills, knowledge, work in a team and develop your autonomy, prepare to join the humanitarian world in an experienced, dynamic and multicultural team, this course is for you ! »
PUI will propose
- Gratification: 4.60 € / hour
- Support: Support for 50% of the transport ticket and up to 60% of the Tickets Restaurant ( with a face value of 9 € )
- Rest: 1 RTT per month ( 37h / week )
First International Emergency considers the diversity of nationalities, genres, beliefs, profiles and statutes within its Human Resources as a major asset for its humanitarian action, and therefore be subject to strict compliance with the principle of non-discrimination throughout its recruitment process.
First International Emergency practices a policy of zero tolerance towards the exploitation, sexual abuse and abuse, in all its forms, of women, children and all other vulnerable persons. It mobilizes all its staff in the promotion, dissemination and respect of the principles laid down in its ethical charter.
Please note that Premiere Urgence Internationale will not in any way request a financial contribution for administrative costs related to recruitment. Any information going in this direction would be fraudulent, thank you for not taking into account.
You recognize yourself in this profile and you adhere to our commitments ? You feel ready to LIFT the challenge and to join the big family PUI ?