WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status or disability.
Are you a Transport and Logistics Manager interested in further developing your professional experience while contributing to ending global hunger? Are you passionate about helping those in need? Would you like to join a global organization investing in its people?
If so, an exciting & fulfilling career awaits you! Join our diverse and passionate team that works on varied and international projects directly contributing to saving & changing millions of lives around the globe.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Applications must be submitted before Sunday**, June 26, 2022 (11:59 PM CET).**
WHO WE ARE
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP), a highly prestigious, reputable & world’s largest humanitarian organization, operating in more than 120 countries and territories, bringing life-saving assistance in emergencies, building pathways to peace, stability and prosperity for people recovering from conflict, disasters and the impact of climate change and supporting sustainable and resilient livelihoods for a world with zero hunger.
At WFP, people are at the heart of everything we do and the vision of the future WFP workforce is one of diverse, committed, skilled, and high performing teams, selected on merit, operating in a healthy and inclusive work environment, living WFP’s values (Integrity, Collaboration, Commitment, Humanity, and Inclusion) and working with partners to save and change the lives of those WFP serves.
WHY JOIN US?
- WFP is a 2020 Nobel Peace Prize Laureate
- WFP offers a highly inclusive, diverse, and multicultural working environment
- WFP invests in the personal & professional development of its employees through a range of training, accreditation, coaching, mentorship, and other programs as well as through internal mobility opportunities
- A career path in WFP provides an exciting opportunity to work across the various country, regional and global offices around the world, and with passionate colleagues who work tirelessly to ensure that effective humanitarian assistance reaches millions of people across the globe
- We offer an attractive compensation package (please refer to the Terms and Conditions section)
THE ROLE AND ORGANIZATIONAL CONTEXT
This job is located in MSDF, WFP’s global Fleet Centre in Dubai and reports to the Chief, MSDF. You will be responsible for managing the Fleet Centre Vehicle Preparation Centre ensuring global support is provided to CO and RBs and positively influencing related Fleet decision-making at a corporate level.
PURPOSE OF THE ASSIGNMENT:
To ensure provision of AV expertise within WFP globally and be the technical lead / authority on LVs and manage the Fleet Centre vehicle preparation.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Formulate / provide substantive inputs to guidance documents related to Technical Operations, developing concepts and strategic direction to meet changing requirements.
- Manage the Fleet Centre Vehicle Preparation Centre and MSDF technical workshop to ensure the consistent and effective delivery of fleet to WFP offices globally, particularly providing leadership and expertise on Armoured Vehicles matters, including advice related to AV lifecycle management and responsible use and disposal.
- Develop and implement emergency response strategy, incl. appropriate pre-positioning of product inventory & vehicles to stock, as well as access to surge capacity
- Ensure that SOPs and quality control mechanisms are in place, are of high standard and updated as needed; ensure availability of adequate facilities keeping in mind staff wellness and occupational health and safety considerations as well as due protection of WFP assets, while ensuring that quality control procedures for workshop output are implemented and that plans, and work processes are streamlined end-to-end.
- Provide leadership on procurement strategy for AVs and related services, incl. for mandatory AV Inspections of armouring integrity and ballistic protection, also in preparation for possible centralisation of such Inspections.
- Liaise with AV suppliers / modifiers, incl. site visits to inspect production facilities and processes, and carry out QA inspections – qualified in order to scope inspections appropriately, and to monitor execution, both during modification process and prior to delivery.
- Provide timely reporting to multiple stakeholders enabling informed decision making.
- Provide and collate expert input for AV training in line with Fleet Centre Product and Driver Training strategy and oversee the implementation of and compliance to WFP’s global driver training; Managing implementation and training delivery, including resource planning and management of related staff and trainers, quality assurance of training delivery, as well as for the continuous development of the training offerings.
- Identify, develop, and leverage strategic partnerships with UN agencies, government, and non-government organizations, intergovernmental entities, and private sector networks related to technical LV and AV matters.
- Lead, motivate, and coach a multi-disciplined and diverse technical team planning individual annual Work Plans and responsible for performance assessments and evaluations for all staff as required; Ensuring qualified resources are in place to provide professional technical product support to clients; coach and upskill staff in technical matters to build internal capacity.
- Lead R&D programme and product testing to ensure the vehicle model range and accessories / equipment are fit-for-purpose, continuously improved with road safety and environmental / sustainability aspects in mind; innovate pilot projects (e.g., electric vehicles; off-road buses)
- Lead market intelligence gathering and supplier liaison for latest innovations and technological advances and analyze their potential application to benefit Fleet Centre product offerings.
- Take responsibility for an equitable and inclusive workplace which incorporates all dimensions of the WFP diversity and inclusion framework.
- Perform other related duties as required
QUALIFICATIONS AND KEY REQUIREMENTS
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in transport management, logistics, or mechanical engineering. Or First university degree with additional years of experience in a relevant field.
- Minimum of 8 years of progressively responsible experience in overseeing or managing automotive business or technical operations / workshops / maintenance services of light vehicles
- Experience in the production or up-armouring of civilian passenger vehicles, quality assurance, or maintenance of armoured vehicles (AV); AV industry knowledge; experience in AV use, tactical operations, and training required. Military, Security, or related experience preferred.
- Proven expertise in auto-technical matters; thorough understanding of the prevalent practices in the automotive industry, including in research & development, vehicle distribution, industry quality assurance systems, aftersales etc.
- Extensive familiarity with vehicle lifecycle management experience from needs identification to specification, production, QA, use of Vehicle Tracking Systems, user training, maintenance, and disposal.
Professional experience must include the application of LV and AV use in humanitarian/development environments for civilian populations.
- Fluency (level C) in English language.
- Intermediate knowledge (level B) of a second official UN language: Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish, and/or Portuguese (A WFP’s working language).
MORE ABOUT YOU
- Superior customer focus and solutions-oriented approach; resourcefulness to find practical solutions under imperfect conditions.
- Very good familiarity with vehicle specifications, industry standards and best practices, vehicle sourcing/manufacturing, vehicle/lease/fleet financing, and maintenance
- Strong planning, implementation. and organizational skills; ability to set and meet KPIs and deadlines, and proven ability to handle a variety of responsibilities with minimal supervision.
- Proven team management skills with a focus on motivation, training, development, and coaching of diverse teams to achieve results.
- Certification/qualifications in a technical discipline relevant to Fleet Centre technical operations, including in AV quality assurance (i.e., diploma obtained from a Military/Police Academy).
- Familiarity with WFP and the UN system will be regarded as an asset.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Mobility is and continues to be a core contractual requirement in WFP. This position is however classified as “non-rotational” which means the incumbent shall not be subject to the regular reassignment process unless the position is reclassified as rotational.
WFP offers an attractive compensation and benefits package, including basic salary, post adjustment, relocation entitlement, travel, visa and shipment allowances, 30 days’ annual leave, home leave, an education grant for dependent children, a pension plan, and medical insurance. For more information, visit https://icsc.un.org/.
The selected candidate will be required to relocate to Dubai, UAE to take up this assignment.
REMINDERS BEFORE YOU SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION
- We strongly recommend that your profile is accurate, complete, and includes your employment records, academic qualifications, language skills and UN Grade (if applicable).
- Once your profile is completed, please apply, and submit your application.
- Please make sure you upload your professional CV in the English language
- Kindly note the only documents you will need to submit at this time are your CV and Cover Letter
- Additional documents such as passport, recommendation letters, academic certificates, etc. may potentially be requested at a future time
- Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org in case you face any challenges with submitting your application
- Only shortlisted candidates will be notified
All employment decisions are made on the basis of organizational needs, job requirements, merit, and individual qualifications. WFP is committed to providing an inclusive work environment free of sexual exploitation and abuse, all forms of discrimination, any kind of harassment, sexual harassment, and abuse of authority. Therefore, all selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.
How to apply
Please click on this link to apply: