Head of program “ Best Production ” and inclusive food systems
Job advertisement : Sep 8, 2023
Publication cancellation date : Sep 22, 2023, 9:59:00 PM
Organizational Unit: FLMEX
Job type : Temporary work
Requirement Type: NPP ( National Project Personnel )
Grade Level: N / A
Main location : Mexico-Mexico City
Duration: 4 months with the possibility of extension
Position Number: N / A
FAO seeks to ensure gender, geographic and linguistic diversity among its staff and its international consultants, in order to serve the Member States of the Organization in the best possible way in all regions.
- FAO is committed to achieving diversity in its workforce in terms of sex, nationality, origin and culture.
- Women, nationals of under-represented or under-represented Member States and persons with disabilities with the necessary qualifications are encouraged to submit their applications.
- All persons working for FAO must comply with the highest standards of professional integrity and conduct and uphold FAO’s values.
- FAO, as a specialized agency of the United Nations, applies a zero tolerance policy for conduct incompatible with its statute, objectives and mandate, in particular sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination.
- All selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
- All requests will be treated with the strictest confidentiality.
The post is located in the FAO Representation in Mexico
Under the supervision of the Assistant Program Representative
Field of specialization
Inclusive food systems.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Formulate and implement a strategy and work plan that lands the transition from a project approach to a programmatic approach, considering the CPF, particularly the improvement “ Better production ”, its links to the other four improvements and IR 2.
- Regularly formulate and update, with the support of FAO sub-regional, regional and headquarters offices, the thematic agenda that addresses national needs and priorities, to facilitate the dialogue of the Mexico office with the Mexican government and other strategic partners, through actions and proposals aimed at public policies, including participation in mechanisms, funds, sources of national and international financing to attend to the work plan and the thematic agenda.
- Participate in the development of the Annual Operational Program ( POA ) of the FAO Office at Mx, coordinate the annual operational planning of the IR2 and the improvement “ Better production ” and guide the elaboration of the POAs of the projects under the initiative that leads.
- Follow up and provide technical support to the portfolio of projects in operation within the framework of IR2 and the improvement “ Better production ” in order to guarantee technical quality and compliance with indicators ( logical framework ), milestones and project results. Project monitoring will involve an analysis of the achievement of indicators and their links with the SDGs.
- Participate in close collaboration with the area of Design of solutions in the preparation of concept notes and PRODOCs, in programs and projects related to its regional initiative.
- Actively participate in the spaces for strategic and operational monitoring and discussion of the IR2 portfolio of projects and programs and the improvement “ Better production ”, such as the project monitoring committee ( CSP ), the program monitoring committee, the project task force and spaces with the Sub-regional, Regional and Headquarters Offices.
- Establish links and promote a thematic agenda with National and Sub-national Governments, civil society organizations, the private sector, and Academic and Research Institutions, that encourages the achievement of the goals set in the MPP.
- Support the design and implementation of policies, regulatory frameworks and institutional arrangements that support inclusive, equitable, effective and efficient agri-food systems
- Direct substantive support to consultations and other meetings, conferences, to include the proposal of agenda items, identification of participants, preparation of documents and presentations.
- Participate and assist in policy dialogue and advice to government authorities, national and regional institutions in FAO’s areas of activity and serve as liaison with other United Nations agencies or international institutions when necessary.
- Facilitate the exchange of experiences, knowledge management and exchange between projects within the framework of IR2 and the improvement “ Better production ”.
- Technically assist the UTF / MEX / 154 project to establish sustainable productive initiatives / models, of productive reconversion and restoration that promote productive diversification and food security of communities in Natural Protected Areas ( ANP ) and areas of influence.
- Support vulnerable producers and groups in training so that they become agents of change and innovators and achieve sustainable increases in production and productivity, and social and productive inclusion policies considering the accelerators proposed by FAO.
- Link with the area of gender and indigenous peoples, in order to promote the incorporation of a gender perspective, youth and multiculturalism in the design and implementation of projects that are under IR2.
- Collaborate in the realization of policy brief, informative notes, strategic documents and various process communication documents, results and relevant data that promote the thematic agenda under his leadership.
- Collect, report, study, data and prepare the reports and reports that the FAO Representation demands.
- Prepare periodic reports and reports that account for the development of the activities proposed in the initiative’s strategy and work plan and those of the consultancy itself.
- Other activities that the FAO Office Mx, in particular the Representative and the Program area demand.
THE CANDIDATES WILL BE EVALUED IN ARRANGE TO THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA:
- Mexican nationality
- Practical knowledge ( level C ) of Spanish and English.
- University degree in agronomy, agricultural science, livestock science or a related field. A graduate degree will be valued.
- Demonstrated experience of at least 10 years in the design and implementation of projects to improve agricultural and livestock production.
FAO core competencies
- Results-based approach
- Building effective relationships
- Knowledge exchange and continuous improvement
Technical / functional skills
- Excellent computer skills and competence in standard applications ( MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, information platforms, videoconferencing applications, etc. ).
- Solid knowledge of sustainable agricultural practices, agricultural and livestock production systems, conservation of natural resources and management of climate change.
- Experience in the promotion and adoption of innovative agricultural technologies, such as precision agriculture, agroecology, agroforestry, among others.
- FAO does not charge fees at any stage of the recruitment process ( application, interview, processing ).
- Incomplete applications will not be taken into account. If you need help or have questions, contact: [email protected]
- Applications received after the expiration of the application deadline will not be accepted.
- We inform you that FAO will only consider academic degrees or credentials obtained from a teaching institution included in the World Database on Higher Education, which is a list maintained by the International Association of Universities ( IAU ) / UNESCO. The list can be consulted at: www.whed.net/
- For any other questions visit the FAO website on employment: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/es/ .
It is noted that all candidates should adhere to the Organization’s values of commitment to FAO, respect for all and integrity and transparency.
PRESENTATION OF REQUESTMENTS
- If you want to apply, go to the FAO Recruitment Website ( Employment in FAO ) and complete your online profile.
- Incomplete applications will not be taken into account. Only applications received through the contracting portal will be considered.
- We advise candidates to submit their application sufficiently in advance of the expiration of the term.
- If you need help, contact: [email protected].
IN THE LOCALS OF FAO IT IS FORBIDDEN TO SMOKE