Overall, the objective of the mission is to clarify the understanding of the causal relationships established in the logics of the projects, provide rapid feedback allowing projects to readjust for better implementation and generate knowledge facilitating the improving future interventions of donor and government electricity programs.
More specifically, this will mainly involve:
1) Design and implement a Learning Plan for the benefit of the Senegal Electricity Compact and the interventions of donor and government electricity programs;
2) Provide rapid answers to learning questions formulated for better project implementation;
3) Establish a better understanding of the causal relationships established in the project logics as well as the Compact’s theory of change in order to improve them;
4) Provide a knowledge base (document lessons learned and good practices) drawn from learning to improve future interventions in donor and government electricity programs;
5) Provide a strategy for effective knowledge appropriation and capitalization of lessons learned;
6) Develop a post compact learning plan for the electricity sector
*PC1-Chief of mission*
* Qualifications and Professional Experience*
- A BAC + 5 level diploma or higher in economics, sociology, project management, quantitative technique or related field
- Ten (10) years or more of experience researching socio-economic development in the energy sector in Africa or low-income countries
- Three (3) or more references in the last ten (10) years working on project evaluations in the electricity sector in Africa or low-income countries
- Three (3) or more references as a team leader
- A capacity to supervise learners at master’s or doctoral level
- A very good command of econometrics attested by a reference;
- Good command of French (oral, reading and written)
- Good command of English (oral, reading and writing).
How to apply
Interested candidates are asked to send their CV to [email protected] with the subject title of the position sought no later than September 30, 2023.