Head of acquisitions and travel
Job advertisement : Aug 14/2023
Publication cancellation date : Sep 4, 2023, 9:59:00 PM
Organizational Unit: FLMEX
Job type : Temporary work
Requirement Type: NPP ( National Project Personnel )
Grade Level: N / A
Main location : Mexico-Mexico City
Duration: 3 months ( with possibility of extension )
Position Number: N / A
FAO seeks to ensure gender, geographic and linguistic diversity among its staff and its international consultants, in order to serve the Member States of the Organization in the best possible way in all regions.
- FAO is committed to achieving diversity in its workforce in terms of sex, nationality, origin and culture.
- Women, nationals of under-represented or under-represented Member States and persons with disabilities with the necessary qualifications are encouraged to submit their applications.
- All persons working for FAO must comply with the highest standards of professional integrity and conduct and uphold FAO’s values.
- FAO, as a specialized agency of the United Nations, applies a zero tolerance policy for conduct incompatible with its statute, objectives and mandate, in particular sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination.
- All selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
- All requests will be treated with the strictest confidentiality.
The post is located in the FAO Representation in Mexico
Under the supervision of the Assistant Representative for Administration of FAO Mexico
Field of specialization
Guarantee through direct execution, and in other cases of supervision, that the organization and projects have in a timely manner the necessary inputs for the operation, considering the regulations and policies applicable to the different purchasing procedures and at the same time, supervise that the management of travel requests and related procedures is expedited.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Participate and review that the purchase processes in any of the modalities that are presented comply with the best value for money and have the necessary documentation according to the regulations, guarantee the best purchase conditions for the Office, and the services and / or products that are delivered meet the expectations of the requesting areas.
- Control the procurement process by integrating and monitoring the Office and Project Purchasing Plan, as well as the Consolidated and Estimated Payment Purchasing Plan.
- Carry out the purchase processes complying with the applicant’s requirements and in strict adherence to FAO regulations and follow up on each purchase until payment to the supplier.
- Verify that all the information and documentation related to the purchase processes are prepared and archived depending on the modality, that is, contractual instruments, comparative tables of evaluation of suppliers and all the necessary supporting documentation according to the products or services and applicable regulations in each modality.
- Prepare and / or review: the Office Purchase Plan, Consolidated Purchase Plan and Estimated payments prior to delivery to the Finance area, monitor and present status in the Project Monitoring Committees.
- Supervise all activities and documentation derived from the purchase processes of the personnel in their charge.
- Prepare and / or review the documentation to be presented for approval by the Local Purchasing Committee, in accordance with the limits established by the regulations.
- Review Letters Agreement as a quality control member and ensure proper registration and monitoring of systems.
- Prepare or validate the purchase orders that are requested, following up until payment and system closure.
- Update, classify and diversify the supplier database in Excel and support in updating the database in GRMS.
- Prepare the plan and the supplier evaluation scheme and implement it.
- Serve as FAO’s focal point in the area of purchasing within the United Nations System Mexico.
- Collaborate as a focal point in logistics for events in which the office acts as an organizer or as a participant at national or international level, considering all the preparation actions, purchase and management of inputs ( products / services ) for the event.
- Review and give the go-ahead of the purchase processes carried out by other buyers, including the review of contracts and purchase orders.
- Follow up on contracts with the different requesting areas, considering their expiration date for renewal, verifying that their clauses are complied with.
- Plan and implement the purchasing and travel risk mitigation measures, as well as the internal control measures derived from the ICQ.
- Supervise the identification of specific purchasing providers in collaboration with adhoc technical officials.
- Verify that the report of purchase orders and requisitions is generated bimonthly in the GRMS system and carry out an adequate follow-up until their closing.
- Supervise the monitoring of the satisfactory delivery of the products and / or services of the Office with the suppliers, to make the timely payment to them, relying on the purchase plan file/payment control.
- Verify in GRMS system the calculation according to the travel policy, the amount to be paid for per diem and other travel expenses.
- Review the travel authorization TA’s, registered by staff and make the necessary corrections, as well as the Mission Travel Claim ( MTC ) and Travel Expense Claim ( TECs ).
- Keep Daily Subsistance Allowance rates ( DSA ) up to date on the GRMS system.
- Ensure the preparation and delivery of the international travel plan.
- Coordinate with attention to talent and regulations and compliance, to keep staff updated regarding the policies, processes and protocols applicable to acquisitions and travel; as well as giving the necessary follow-up for compliance.
- Perform any other function aligned with the target of the position.
THE CANDIDATES WILL BE EVALUED IN ARRANGE TO THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA:
- Mexican nationality
- Five years of relevant experience in purchasing and procurement management, or related administrative tasks.
- Practical knowledge of the Spanish language ( level C ) and intermediate knowledge of the English language ( level B ).
- Bachelor of Administration, Accounting or related careers.
FAO core competencies
- Results-based approach
- Building effective relationships
- Knowledge exchange and continuous improvement
Technical / functional skills
- Aptitude to effectively use standard office software such as MS Office ( Windows, Word, Outlook, Excel, Power Point, Exchange ) and others.
- Aptitude to effectively use accounting software and other information systems and databases to incorporate data, search, retrieve/define special reports and analyze and edit the results in a suitable format.
- Proven skills to establish fluid working relationships with representatives of government institutions and NGOs.
- FAO does not charge fees at any stage of the recruitment process ( application, interview, processing ).
- Incomplete applications will not be taken into account. If you need help or have questions, contact: [email protected]
- Applications received after the expiration of the application deadline will not be accepted.
- We inform you that FAO will only consider academic degrees or credentials obtained from a teaching institution included in the World Database on Higher Education, which is a list maintained by the International Association of Universities ( IAU ) / UNESCO. The list can be consulted at: www.whed.net/
- For any other questions visit the FAO website on employment: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/es/ .
It is noted that all candidates should adhere to the Organization’s values of commitment to FAO, respect for all and integrity and transparency.
PRESENTATION OF REQUESTMENTS
- If you want to apply, go to the FAO Recruitment Website ( Employment in FAO ) and complete your online profile.
- Incomplete applications will not be taken into account. Only applications received through the contracting portal will be considered.
- We advise candidates to submit their application sufficiently in advance of the expiration of the term.
- If you need help, contact: [email protected].
IN THE LOCALS OF FAO IT IS FORBIDDEN TO SMOKE