Management Systems International (MSI), a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area management consultancy with a 40-year history of delivering results for our clients. Our expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation; democracy and governance; peace and stability; rule of law and accountability; education; gender and inclusion; strategic communications; and leadership and organizational development. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Colombia, Indonesia, Jordan, Kenya, Mexico, Nigeria, Pakistan, Syria and Ukraine, and works domestically. We support clients ranging from the U.S. Government (e.g., the U.S. Agency for International Development, U.S. Department of Defense, U.S. Departments of State and Labor, and the Millennium Challenge Corporation) to large bilateral and multilateral donors (e.g., the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program). We also work with national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
MSI is pursuing the USAID’s building and enabling environment for resilient communities and sustainable livelihoods in the Mbomou-Uele Region activity. The purpose of this program is to support conflict prevention activities while creating and strengthening community resilience and social cohesion. On a parallel track, the activity will address the threats and drivers for biodiversity conservation in the Mbomou-Uele region (northeastern DRC and southeastern Central African Republic (CAR)).
The Grants Director is primarily responsible for conducting grantee eligibility checks, developing and tracking activity budgets, drafting grant agreements, negotiation memos, and modifications, drafting consulting agreements for consultants under activities, and maintaining all program related files. They maintain regular communication with the grantees and conducts site visits, ensuring that all deliverables are met, and ensuring compliance with the grant implementation plan. The position will report to the Chief of Party. This will be a full-time position based in Kinshasa, DRC. The position is contingent upon award.
**Please note: Congolese citizens are highly encouraged to apply**
- Provide day-to-day management of all aspects of the grants process, including the design and distribution of grant solicitations, review and selection of grantees, issuance of grant awards and agreements, implementation of the grant activities, and closeout of awards.
- Provide oversight and support to grants management teams in various project offices.
- Ensure full compliance with USAID and MSI policies, best practices and procedures relating to all aspects of grants including proper preparation and execution of grant documents, specific procedures for grant development, awards, implementation, monitoring and evaluation, and closeout.
- Oversee accurate reporting and documentation by grantees to ensure achievement of grant and program results.
- Maintain close coordination with grantees during execution of the grants to track milestones, compliance, timelines and deliverables.
- Track any changes in the financial needs of an activity and modify budgets as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, management or related field; Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of five (5) years of demonstrated expertise in developing and managing grant program activities under a USAID-funded project.
- Experience overseeing procurements and service contracts in compliance with donor regulations, with knowledge of USAID regulations strongly desired.
- Demonstrated experience in providing training in grants management preferred.
- Task and detail-oriented, with the ability to work independently and within a team to meet deadlines.
- Ability and willingness to conduct site visits throughout the country, as needed.
- Familiarity with development programming in DRC and CAR strongly preferred.
- Prior experience in the region; DRC and CAR experience preferred.
- Strong interpersonal, supervision, and written/oral communication skills.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and French required.
At MSI Tetra Tech, health and safety play a vital role in our success. MSI Tetra Tech’s employees work together to comply with all applicable health & safety practices and protocols, including health orders and regulations related to COVID-19 that are mandated by local, state and federal authorities.
MSI is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion. We strive to develop and maintain a culture that honors the perspectives and identities of our employees, our communities and those impacted by our work.
We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
MSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action/Americans with Disabilities/Veterans Employer.
MSI is dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please email [email protected] with “Reasonable Accommodations” in the title. Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls,