The Institute of Human Virology Nigeria (IHVN) is a leading and reputable non-governmental organization addressing infectious and non-infectious diseases such as HIV, tuberculosis (TB) and cancer through the provision of prevention, diagnosis, treatment, capacity building, research, and care and support services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Grant Management Assistant
Location: Central Office, Abuja
Unit: Grant Management Office
- Interpret funding/ application guidelines: RFA, RFQ, FOA, NOFO.
- Meet with relevant stakeholders towards full participation in writing grant proposals, response to RFPs/FOAs, and completing application forms in the Grants.gov and ASSIST applications.
- Prepare LOAs and MOUs for partners’/Treatment sites and stakeholders and reviewing contract sub-awards/ subcontracts, including the scope of work, budget, modifications, prior award expenditures, extensions, Addenda to MOU/LOA/Agreement.
- Prepare and review of Sub-partner financial submissions for conformity with funding guidelines.
- Prepare budget submissions for grant proposals in line with best financial practices and budgetary principles.
- Develop funding dynamics for budget submissions of Sub-partners, consultants, contractors, and service delivery facilities.
- Orient and mentor Regional, State office, and Health facility staff concerning the interpretation of the contents of the LOA, such as Scope of work, activities, responsibilities, reporting, terms of agreements, certifications, budgets, etc., as indicated in the LOAs/MOUs.
- Liaise with Regional/State staff on one hand and partners and health facilities on another on all matters concerning the Grant and the existing relationships.
- Document correspondence, maintenance, and tracking LOAs, MOU, and Budgets.
- Attend to the external auditors’ requests regarding Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Memoranda of Understanding (MOU) with our funding partners, and Letters of Agreement with implementing partners.
- Prepare and collate Monthly Spend plan and Work plan and Burn-rate analysis.
- Review all grants and contract sub-awards/ subcontracts, including the scope of work, budget, modifications, prior award expenditures, and extensions.
- Assist Grants Director in negotiating, executing, and implementing grants policies and co-ordinate various grants activities effectively.
- Other cross-cutting activities across several Prime and Sub Grants
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Accounting, Economics, and Business.
- Computer literacy – strong Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word skills.
- Possessing a professional degree such as MBA (Finance Management) or a professional certification (ACA) will be an added advantage.
- Must have completed NYSC service and two or more years of working experience required.
- Working experience in a Non Government Organisation (NGO) with international funding portfolio will be an added advantage.
Application Closing Date
11th November, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send a detailed Resume and a one page Cover Letter as one MS Word document explaining suitability for the position to “The Deputy Director, Human Resources” via: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- All Applications must explicitly state the position applied for in the subject of the email. Candidates are advised to provide three professional referees with email addresses and phone numbers.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- The subject of the email should be the job position and full name of the applicant.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advanced to the next stage of the selection process.