Generic Vacancy – Voluntary Contributions Officers ( Job Number: 16187 )
Application Closing Date: 26-05-2023, 9:59:00 PM
THE OECD – Who we are, what we do
The Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development ( OECD) is an international organisation comprised of 38 member countries, that works to build better policies for better lives. Our mission is to promote policies that will improve the economic and social well-being of people around the world. Together with governments, policy makers and citizens, we work on establishing evidence-based international standards, and finding solutions to a range of social, economic and environmental challenges. From improving economic performance and creating jobs to fostering strong education and fighting international tax evasion, we provide a unique forum and knowledge hub for data and analysis, exchange of experiences, best-practice sharing, and advice on public policies and international standard-setting.
THE EXECUTIVE DIRECTORATE (EXD)
The Executive Directorate (EXD) is the steward of OECD resources, on behalf of the Secretary-General. Our focus is on people and their wellbeing; the effective and efficient management of the budget; the safety and security of staff, Delegations, visitors, and of the OECD’s data; maintaining and sustaining physical and digital infrastructure; and enabling the convening power of the OECD through conferences, meetings and events, whether virtual, physical or hybrid. As well as providing corporate services, functions and management support to our staff and Members, we provide integrated, strategic and expert advice on corporate policies and management issues to the Secretary-General, to Council and to Standing Committees, to which we regularly report on corporate matters. We also provide compliance and risk management functions (for management areas under our purview). Ours is a fast-paced environment focused on delivering management excellence across all of our functions.
THE PROGRAMME, BUDGET AND FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT SERVICE (EXD/PBF)
Within the Executive Directorate (EXD), the Programme, Budget and Financial Management Service (EXD/PBF), employs a workforce of approximately 115 staff who provide stewardship of the Organisation’s financial resources on behalf of the Secretary-General. The service is composed of six main business units: Accounting & Financial Support Division; Corporate Procurement Group; Engagement and Strategic Transformation Division; Programme of Work Management Division; Resource Management Systems Division; and Voluntary Contribution Management Group.
Within EXD/PBF, the Voluntary Contributions Management Group (VCM) provides support and advice for the management, administration, and control of voluntary contributions and grants offered to the Organisation. The Group has two teams: Review Acceptance and Administration (RAA) Team and the Reporting, Control & Compliance (RCC) Team, as well as VCM Central which manages transversal projects, accounting controls, and provides support to both teams. The VCM Group is under the responsibility of the of the VC Management Coordinator.
The VCM Group is recruiting Grant Officers, Reporting Control & Compliance Officers, and a VC Financial Systems Officer. Depending on business need, candidate qualifications, professional experience and performance in the recruitment process, the appropriate grade will be proposed.
Candidates should have relevant experience in one or more of the following areas: Voluntary Contribution Management
- Review VC offers, including budgets from donors, to ensure compliance with the OECD Financial Regulations and other relevant rules, policies and procedures.
- Participate in contract preparations and negotiations, including preliminary review of contractual terms.
- Provide advice and guidance on VC administration procedures, accounting, and costing policies.
- Provide internal and external stakeholders with high quality client service on VC financial processes, solving problems rapidly and independently.
- Contribute to improving processes through digitalisation, automation and strict risk control.
Donor Reporting Control and Compliance
- Review, validate, sign off financial reports on VC expenditures, ensuring consistency with data in accounting systems, and compliance with the OECD Financial Rules and donor agreements.
- Guide the team on the review of complex financial reports of all types (eg. EU, annual program, donor specific). Provide advice to VCM team and RMAs, draft responses to donor queries on financial reports.
- Suggest improvements to VC control framework, efficiencies for processes, and development/improvement of management reporting and digitalisation projects.
- Execution of VC account adjustments and the management of related requests; perform account controls involving big data and resolution of anomalies as needed.
- Help co-ordinate and respond on EU audits for improved audit outcomes and efficiency of the process. Assist with External Auditor queries on VC accounts.
Financial Systems Coordination
- Assist in the performance of VC fund adjustments through evaluating and executing requests, including budget modifications, invoice and payment allocations/adjustments, general VC accounting postings and master data corrections.
- Provide timely and accurate first-level support to users of the SAP-Grants Management module, including liaising with the systems team(s), as required.
- Provide support for the OECD registrations and filings within Donor electronic portals.
- Provide assistance to the Financial System & Project Analyst on various tasks and projects, including KPI tracking, data visualisation and execution of VC financial reconciliations and controls, as and when required.
- Assist in conducting VC agreement reviews and performing the related administration of VCs.
- Assist with the compliance review of VC financial reports and related workstreams.
Candidates should also have relevant experience in the following areas: Reporting and Communications
- Contribute to data management, analysis and reporting on financial information, including supporting the preparation of consolidated strategic and/or analytical reporting for senior management.
- Develop and administer training sessions on financial policies and procedures.
- Develop, maintain, and update finance related guidelines, policies, manuals, and procedures as necessary.
- Develop and maintain productive and collaborative working relationships with key stakeholders both within and outside the Organisation.
- Perform other duties as needed.
Ideal Candidate profile
- Academic Background University degree in accounting, financial management, audit, business administration, law or other related fields.
- A professional certification in finance/accounting domain (e.g. chartered accountant or equivalent) or an MBA would be an advantage.
- Minimum of 2-4 years practical experience in the areas of accounting, financial management, audit, or other relevant equivalent.
- Proven experience in execution of accounting journal entries, control and analysis of financial data, and developing related reports and presentations for varied audiences.
- Proven experience in EU financial reporting and audits as well as responding to general audit queries, including data collection, and drafting responses.
- Proven experience advising clients and key stakeholders at all levels.
- Experience in drafting communications and guidance of a financial nature for audiences of varied backgrounds.
- Experience developing, revising, interpreting and/or implementing financial policies, instructions, and procedures.
- Experience demonstrating flexibility and a solution-oriented mindset to solve problems and cope with conflicting requests and strict deadlines.
- Experience in project management, process automation and optimisation, and data visualisation would be an advantage.
- Experience working in a multicultural environment would be an advantage.
- Very good command of Microsoft Office applications, particularly Excel, PowerPoint, and Analysis.
- Knowledge of the Organisation’s financial and administrative systems, particularly SAP FI, GM, FM, Business Objects and Power BI. Knowledge of other ERP solutions would be an advantage.
- Excellent working experience with IT technologies and proven ability to rapidly master new digital technologies as they emerge.
- Fluency in one of the two OECD official languages (English and French) and knowledge of the other, with a commitment to reach a good working level.
- Knowledge of other languages would be an asset.
- For this role, the following competencies would be particularly important: Achievement focus, Analytical thinking, Drafting skills, Flexible thinking, Teamwork, Client focus, Diplomatic sensitivity, Organisational knowledge.
- Please refer to the level 2 indicators of the OECD Core Competencies.
What the OECD offers
Depending on level of experience, monthly salary starts at either 4,421 EUR or 5,136 EUR, plus allowances based on eligibility, exempt of French income tax.
Please note that the appointment may be made at a lower grade based on the qualifications and professional experience of the selected applicant.
- Click here to learn more about what we offer and why the OECD is a great place to work.
- Click here to browse our People Management Guidebook and learn more about all aspects relating to people at the OECD, our workplace environment and many other policies supporting staff in their daily life.
For retained candidates, written tests/video-recorded interviews are foreseen in May and panel interviews are planned for June.
Please note that our Rules and Regulations stipulate that the mandatory retirement age is 65.
The OECD is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes the applications of all qualified candidates [who are nationals of OECD member countries, irrespective of their racial or ethnic origin, opinions or beliefs, gender, sexual orientation, health or disabilities.
The OECD promotes an optimal use of resources in order to improve its efficiency and effectiveness. Staff members are encouraged to actively contribute to this goal.