Gender & Diversity Senior Specialist
Caribbean Countries (Trinidad and Tobago, Bahamas, Barbados, Suriname, Guyana, Jamaica)
The IDB Group is a community of diverse, versatile, and passionate people who come together on a journey to improve lives in Latin America and the Caribbean. Our people find purpose and do what they love in an inclusive, collaborative, agile, and rewarding environment.
About this position
We are currently looking for a Gender and Diversity Senior Specialist to join our Gender, Diversity and Inclusion (GDI) Division. You will contribute to our operational and economic and sector work program in Latin America and the Caribbean, particularly focusing on our portfolio in Trinidad and Tobago and in other countries of the Caribbean, through (a) direct investment operations (b) the mainstreaming of gender and diversity in other Bank operations (c) technical assistance and (d) knowledge generation.
The Gender and Diversity Division (GDI) promotes gender equality, inclusion, and economic opportunities for women and individuals for diverse population groups (Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, Afro-descendants and LGBTQ+ persons) in LAC. It prepares and supervises investment operations, technical assistance, analytical work, and training.
What you’ll do :
- Lead or participate in the origination, design, and preparation of Bank operations with other team members and government authorities.
- Lead or participate, in coordination with all relevant parties (implementing agencies, fiduciary specialists, among others), the supervision of the execution and the monitoring and evaluation of operations for which the IDB has approved financing.
- Coordinate the transfer of technical and operational knowledge to entities in charge of the execution of IDB-financed operations.
- Lead or participate in groundbreaking research on gender and diversity topics.
- Lead efforts to mainstream gender and diversity in operational, analytical, and strategic activities (including country strategies, country development challenges, loans, policy dialogues, events, and knowledge initiatives).
- Lead or participate in projects aimed at strengthening the availability and quality of gender- and diversity-disaggregated data from surveys, census, administrative and other sources.
- Provide input to the Trinidad and Tobago country office and other Caribbean country office teams on opportunities to strengthen the Bank’s work on gender and diversity in the countries, including promoting the use of digital tools and technology among under-represented groups.
- Collaborate with the IDB Invest and the IDB Lab and coordinate a work program with private sector gender specialist based in Caribbean countries to use connections in that region.
- Engage in policy dialogue with government authorities and development partners based on your validated knowledge of the topics, development challenges of client countries, and IDB policies, strategies, and guidelines.
- Share and disseminate economic/sector knowledge and learning tools to enhance the relevance of the IDB to borrowing countries and the region.
- Lead project teams and resources effectively.
- Guide, coach, and mentor junior staff to develop technical expertise.
- Work across organizational boundaries to build networks and actively engage with gender and diversity specialists in other multilateral and bilateral institutions, academic institutions, think-tanks, NGOs and professional bodies to promote collaborative research initiatives.
- Work independently with limited oversight.
What you’ll need
- Education: Master’s degree (or equivalent advanced degree) in applied economics, public policy, social sciences, or other fields relevant to the responsibilities of the role.
- Experience: At least 8 years of relevant and substantive development policy and operational experience that includes experience working on gender or diversity issues.
- Fluency in English. Knowledge of another Bank language (Spanish, Portuguese, or French) is preferable.
- Learn continuously
- Collaborate and share knowledge
- Focus on clients
- Communicate and influence
- Innovate and try new things
- Citizenship: You are either a citizen of Trinidad and Tobago, Bahamas, Barbados, Suriname, Guyana, Jamaica, or a citizen of one of our 48-member countries with residency or legal permit to work in the countries listed above.
- Consanguinity : You have no family members (up to the fourth degree of consanguinity and second degree of affinity, including spouse) working at the IDB, IDB Invest, or IDB Lab.
Type of contract and duration
- National staff contract, 36 months initially, renewable upon mutual agreement.
What we offer
The IDB group provides benefits that respond to the different needs and moments of an employee’s life. These benefits include:
- A competitive compensation package
- Leaves and vacations : 24 days of paid time off + 8 personal days + sick leave + gender-neutral parental leave
- Health Insurance : IDB Group provides employees and eligible dependents with a robust medical benefits program that covers medical, dental, vision, preventive care, and prescription drugs.
- Pension plan : defined benefit pension plan that provides financial security and supports employees in planning for their future.
- Hybrid and flexible work schedules
- Health and wellbeing: Access to our Health Services Center which provides preventive care and health education for employees.
- Development support : We offer tools to boost your professional profile such as mentoring, 1:1 professional counseling, training, and learning opportunities, language classes, mobility options, among others.
At the IDB Group we work so everyone brings their best and authentic selves to work, willing to try new approaches without fear, and where they are accountable and rewarded for their actions.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging (DEIB) are at the center of our organization. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity and encourage women, LGBTQ+ people, persons with disabilities, Afro-descendants, and Indigenous people to apply.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job interview process. If you are a qualified candidate with a disability, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request reasonable accommodation to complete this application.
Our Human Resources Team reviews carefully every application.
About the IDB Group
The IDB Group, composed of the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB), IDB Invest, and the IDB Lab offers flexible financing solutions to its member countries to finance economic and social development through lending and grants to public and private entities in Latin America and the Caribbean.
The Inter-American Development Bank is devoted to improving lives. Established in 1959, the IDB is a leading source of long-term financing for economic, social and institutional development in Latin America and the Caribbean. The IDB also conducts cutting-edge research and provides policy advice, technical assistance and training to public and private sector clients throughout the region.
Follow us : https://www.linkedin.com/company/inter-american-development-bank/
- External Opening Date: May 15, 2023
- External Closing Date: Jun 5, 2023
- Job Field: Sector