Job Identification : 13209
Locations : New York, United States
Posting Date : 08/22/2023, 09:38 PM
Apply Before : 09/16/2023, 03:59 AM
Job Schedule : Full time
Agency : UNDP
Grade : IPSA-10
Vacancy Type : International Personnel Service Agreement
Practice Area : Innovation
Bureau : HQ
Contract Duration : 1 Year with Possibility for extension
Education & Work Experience : Master’s Degree – 7 year(s) experience
Required Languages : English
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion are core principles at UNDP: we value diversity as an expression of the multiplicity of nations and cultures where we operate, we foster inclusion as a way of ensuring all personnel are empowered to contribute to our mission, and we ensure equity and fairness in all our actions. Taking a ‘leave no one behind’ approach to our diversity efforts means increasing representation of underserved populations. People who identify as belonging to marginalized or excluded populations are strongly encouraged to apply. Learn more about working at UNDP including our values and inspiring stories.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
The Technical Secretariat of UNPRPD MPTF is based in the UNDP Governance team in the Bureau of Policy and Programme Support. The UNPRPD Technical Secretariat operates in accordance with the UNPRPD Strategic Operational Framework 2020–2025 and agreed annual work plan developed following strategic direction from the Policy Board and upon approval by the Management Committee.
With over 40 active programmes yearly the UNPRPD FUND is working towards improving the way in which programmes are designed and results monitored and captured in line with its new logframe.
The Fundraising and Partnership Specialist will manage the Fund’s outreach and mobilization strategy with the purpose to increase donors’ contributions by supporting building relationships, advance profile of the fund and exploring new fundraising opportunities.
Duties and Responsibilities
Strategic outreach and Resource Mobilization
- Develop outreach and visibility strategy with key targets and monitoring indicators.
- Identifies engagement opportunities to increase the Fund’s visibility
- Identifies comms opportunities and leads strategic communications activities to support resource mobilization efforts
- Proposes and designs concepts note for events and manages organization of events
- Facilitates coordination among partners and sponsors
- Tracks and analyzes funding trends
- Supports Manager’s engagement with stakeholders and participation in relevant events
- Maintain a contact database, and administer files regarding partrners.
- Assist the Programme Coordinator in preparing and monitoring grant applications, correspondence, and progress of applications and report updates.
- Draft timely communication with donors including followup notes and acknowledgement, and thank you letters for all donors.
- Attend meetings, special events and provide support where needed
Facilitation of knowledge sharing and management of digital communications
- Manage and develop content of UNPRPD MPTF digital and social media platforms, including the website, photo, audio and video channels.
- Coordinates and undertakes the production and publishing of content (text, images, video or HTML) that support and engage different set of audiences including potential donors.
- Develop coordinate and produce quarterly UNPRPD News Letter.
- Produce communication products and materials to support the work of the UNPRPD MPTF for a wide variety of media and donor and government partners;
- Coordinate the writing, development, design, production and dissemination of publications – particularly relevant news releases through print and video, utilizing the resources of the UNPRPD MPTF partners, and pitching pieces for publication when possible; and
- Provide editorial input into all forms of varied publications, reports and website updates as needed.
- Supports operational activities in relation to communications activities
The Fundraising and Partnership Specialist will be reporting to the Manager of the Technical Secretariat, and will work closely with the Programme Coordinator.
- Achieve Results: LEVEL 3: Set and align challenging, achievable objectives for multiple projects, have lasting impact
- Think Innovatively: LEVEL 3: Proactively mitigate potential risks, develop new ideas to solve complex problems
- Learn Continuously: LEVEL 3: Create and act on opportunities to expand horizons, diversify experiences
- Adapt with Agility: LEVEL 3: Proactively initiate and champion change, manage multiple competing demands
- Act with Determination: LEVEL 3: Think beyond immediate task/barriers and take action to achieve greater results
- Engage and Partner: LEVEL 3: Political savvy, navigate complex landscape, champion inter-agency collaboration
- Enable Diversity and Inclusion: LEVEL 3: Appreciate benefits of diverse workforce and champion inclusivity
Cross-Functional & Technical competencies:
- Business Direction & Strategy – Effective Decision Making:
- Ability to take decisions in a timely and efficient manner in line with authority, area of expertise and resources
- Business Development – Knowledge Generation:
- Ability to research and turn information into useful knowledge, relevant for content, or responsive to a stated need
- Business Development – Knowledge Facilitation Collective:
- Ability to animate indiYiduals and communities of contributors to participate and share, particularly externally
- Business Development – Intelligence Design:
- Ability to bringing together diYerse groups of people, data, information or ideas, and technology to design services or solutions
- Business Management – Communication:
- Ability to communicate in a clear, concise and unambiguous manner both through written and verbal communication; to tailor messages and choose communication methods depending on the audience
- Ability to manage communications internally and externally, through media, social media and other appropriate channels
- Business Management – Customer Satisfaction/Client Management:
- Ability to respond timel\ and appropriately with a sense of urgency, provide consistent solutions, and deliver timely and quality results and/or solutions to fulfil and understand the real customers’ needs. Provide inputs to the development of customer service strategy.
- Business Management – Working with Evidence and Data:
- Ability to inspect, cleanse, transform and model data with the goal of discovering useful information, informing conclusions and supporting decision-making
Desired additional skills and competencies:
- Very good ability to form working relationships with web designers/coders in updated the website, graphic designers and videographers for visuals.
- Excellent experience in the use of computers applications and software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc) as well as web-based management systems
- Proven ability to shape messages and stories for media placement;
Required Skills and Experience
- Master’s degree in relevant field of social science, public relations, communications, journalism, or related field.
- 7 years of work experience required in the field of strategic outreach and public relations and communications
- Proved experience in designing and implementing strategic communications and outreach strategy.
- Proven experience in conceiving, planning and managing outreach and visibility events.
- Excellent experience in drafting and editing different communications materials for different audiences including donors and potential partners.
- Experience in UN system or international development organizations and work on human rights is a strong asset.
- Proficiency in English is required.
- UNPRPD will cover costs of travel to duty station when needed and missions.
The following documents shall be required from the applicants:
- Personal CV or P11, indicating all past positions held and their main underlying functions, their durations (month/year), the qualifications, as well as the contact details (email and telephone number) of the Candidate, and at least three (3) the most recent professional references of previous supervisors. References may also include peers.
- A cover letter (maximum length: 1 page) indicating why the candidate considers him-/herself to be suitable for the position.
- Proof of 4 writing examples relevant to the job description for instance blog, article, publication, press release etc.
Important information for US Permanent Residents (‘Green Card’ holders)
Under US immigration law, acceptance of a staff position with UNDP, an international organization, may have significant implications for US Permanent Residents. UNDP advises applicants for all professional level posts that they must relinquish their US Permanent Resident status and accept a G-4 visa, or have submitted a valid application for US citizenship prior to commencement of employment.
UNDP is not in a position to provide advice or assistance on applying for US citizenship and therefore applicants are advised to seek the advice of competent immigration lawyers regarding any applications.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP has a zero-tolerance policy towards sexual exploitation and misconduct, sexual harassment, and abuse of authority. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.
UNDP is an equal opportunity and inclusive employer that does not discriminate based on race, sex, gender identity, religion, nationality, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, age, language, social origin or other status.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.