Fund Raising Officer (Philanthropy), NO-B (1-year Temporary Appointment), Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia #123779 (Malaysian Only)
Job no: 559103
Position type: Temporary Appointment
Location: Malaysia Division/Equivalent: Bangkok (EAPRO), Thailand
Department/Office: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Categories: Partnerships, Fund Raising
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, hope
Together with the Malaysian government and others who are truly passionate about child rights, UNICEF works in Malaysia to ensure every child has the opportunity to grow healthy and happy; live safely; and achieve their full potential.
With the Convention on the Rights of the Child, the Sustainable Development Goals, and the 11th Malaysia plan as our guides, we endeavor to change minds, change policies, and in turn change the lives of all children in Malaysia.
Purpose for the job
The Fundraising Officer – Philanthropy (TA) position’s purpose is to identify, develop and secure income, focusing primarily on high-net-worth individuals (HNWIs), membership-based organisations, faith-based organisations and foundations. The incumbent will serve as the focal point on approaches and negotiations with prospects/HNW donors and to deliver against agreed income targets for major gift, in close collaboration with the Partnerships Specialist NOC.
How can you make a difference?
1. Major Gift development
- Identify, solicit and secure income at the major gift level including multi-year gifts, focusing on gifts of a minimum value of US$100k and upwards.
- Research and screen prospect donors in accordance with UNICEF’s processes and criteria to create and develop a pipeline of qualified HNWIs.
- Lead discussions and secure relevant meetings to explore major gift opportunities with the identified HNWIs from the established pipeline.
- Develop and execute strategies for prospects/HNW donors with the goal of securing a new major gift, gift renewal, or upgrade.
- Working closely with global and regional teams to navigate through the HNW community and identify influential individuals, family offices and philanthropic intermediaries such as wealth advisors.
- Develop compelling proposals and presentations for prospects/HNW donors by coordinating and working cross-functionally with relevant teams to identify programmatic funding opportunities.
- Proactively approach prospects/HNW donors, maximizing the support in the event of humanitarian emergencies through diaspora philanthropy as one of the strategies.
2. Major Gift coordination and management
- Cultivate and build strong relationships with prospects/HNW donors and ensure they are stewarded appropriately through consistent communication.
- Maintain accurate records of prospects/HNW donor outreach and solicitation plans through regular upkeep of database.
- Responsible in coordinating and ensuring that all inquiries and responses are accurate and attended to in a timely manner.
- Continuously update and maintain a pipeline of HNWIs, profiles and contact database.
- Form strong relationships with relevant teams across UNICEF Malaysia, especially program leads, and the wider UNICEF network for prospecting opportunities that could contribute to the strategy.
- Leverage on existing socialite events and/or organise and execute HNW fundraising events that can generate income/HNW donor leads and encourage engagements in support of UNICEF’s programmatic objectives.
- Carry out additional tasks and other responsibilities as required to support the team’s work.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- An advanced university degree (Master’s or higher) in one or more of the disciplines relevant to the following areas: Business, Marketing, Economics, Banking/Finance, Communications or other related field. *A first University Degree in a relevant field combined with 2 additional years of professional experience may be accepted in lieu of an Advanced University Degree.
- A minimum of five years of professional experience in one or more of the following areas required: account management, resource mobilization, public affairs, external relations or other relevant area.
- Resourceful and demonstrate the ability to determine the best approach and connect with HNWIs.
- Strong organization and planning skills.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, negotiation and ability to engage with HNWIs
- Tactful, discretion, self-starter and able to work under minimum supervision.
- Demonstrate experience in building networks/relationships.
- Good knowledge of MS office applications and presentation skills.
- Ability to conceptualize and articulate ideas in a clear and concise form.
- Committed to UNICEF mission and values.
- Fluency in English and Bahasa Malaysia is required. Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) or a local language is an asset.
Click here to learn more about UNICEF’s compensation, benefits and wellbeing.
Click here to learn more about UNICEF’s salary scale & structure.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s Core Values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust and Accountability and Sustainability (CRITAS) underpin everything we do and how we do it. Get acquainted with Our Values Charter: UNICEF Values
UNICEF competencies required for this post are…
(1) Builds and maintains partnerships (2) Demonstrates self-awareness and ethical awareness (3) Drive to achieve results for impact (4) Innovates and embraces change (5) Manages ambiguity and complexity (6) Thinks and acts strategically (7) Works collaboratively with others.
- Formulating Strategies & Concepts (II)
- Works Collaboratively with others (II)
- Builds and Maintains Partnerships (II)
- Relating and Networking (II)
- Persuading and Influencing (II)
- Planning and Organizing (II)
- Drive to achieve impactful results (II)
- Manages ambiguity and complexity (II)
During the recruitment process, we test candidates following the competency framework. Familiarize yourself with our competency framework and its different levels: competency framework here.
UNICEF is here to serve the world’s most disadvantaged children and our global workforce must reflect the diversity of those children. The UNICEF family is committed to include everyone, irrespective of their race/ethnicity, age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, nationality, socio-economic background, or any other personal characteristic. We offer a wide range of benefits to our staff, including paid parental leave, breastfeeding breaks and reasonable accommodation for persons with disabilities. UNICEF strongly encourages the use of flexible working arrangements.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF is committed to promote the protection and safeguarding of all children. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
Remarks: UNICEF’s active commitment towards diversity and inclusion is critical to deliver the best results for children. For this position, eligible and suitable [Insert diversity profile] are encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Advertised: Feb 03 2023 Singapore Standard Time Application close: Mar 20 2023 Singapore Standard Time
- Closes Mar 20 2023Fund Raising Officer (Philanthropy), NO-B (1-year Temporary Appointment), Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia #123779 (Malaysian Only) in Malaysia
Unicef Malaysia is looking for a suitable candidate for Fundraising Officer (Philanthropy) NO-B position who will be reporting to the Partnership Specialist.