Action Against Hunger is the world’s hunger specialist and leader in a global movement that aims to end life-threatening hunger for good within our lifetimes. For 40 years, the humanitarian and development organization has been on the front lines, treating and preventing hunger across nearly 50 countries. It served more than 21 million people in 2018 alone.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: FSL Programme Manager
Locations: Maiduguri, Konduga and Kaga, Borno
Job type: Full Time
Department: Programmes – FSL
Reporting to: Project Coordinator
Proposed Start date: July 2022
- We are looking to fill the role of FSL Programme Manager who will be responsible for the overall management of the FSL component of the BHA project.
- The role holder will manage the entire FSL team which consists of FSL Officers, Enterprise Development Officers and Assistants.
- Support the development of FSL BHA programming in general and other FSL programming procurement plans and project work plans;
- Manage and lead FSL BHA team to implement high quality interventions that adhere with contractual requirements and AAH procedures and technical ways of working. Technical support includes harmonizing and developing the FSL CVA approach, and ensuring that technical standards, guidelines and methodologies are communicated and understood by the team;
- Review reports and gauge the progress of projects/programs against output goals, expected results, project indicators and sources of verification ensuring compliance with AAH internal reporting standards;
- Ensure that all program related data and information is updated, well organized and easily accessible; and that lessons learnt and best practice are capitalized;
- Evaluate direct reports as per the defined AAH performance evaluation schedule;
- Provide individual coaching of and training of FSL personnel to improve any identified areas of weakness or capacity gap;
- Support BHA Project Coordinator in working with other departments and field teams to ensure a common approach, synergy and sharing of information;
- Support in the response to FSL funding opportunities in collaboration with other coordination teams (i.e. nutrition, WASH, administration, human resources and logistics).
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Agriculture, Agricultural Economics, Animal Husbandry, Agronomy and Soil science, Forestry OR a Bachelor’s Degree in any other field, but with a Masters degree in the field of Food Security and Livelihoods;
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience in implementing food security and livelihood projects;
- Excellent team, budget and project management and representation competencies;
- Capacity to supervise and manage a team of diverse culture;
- Experience implementing programs funded by donors like BHA, ECHO, FCDO, SIDA among others;
- Microsoft Office Skills (Outlook, Excel, Power Point, Word);
- Willing and travel regularly within remote areas, where services are limited;
- Fluency in Hausa preferably.
Starting Gross Basic Salary / Benefits
- NGN718,840 per month (excluding other benefits)
- Other benefits include but not limited to 100% health care coverage, free and direct access to Cross Knowledge e-learning platform.
Application Closing Date
22nd June, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Our employees enjoy a work culture that promotes diversity and inclusion
- Action Against Hunger provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
- Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply