Care Best Initiative (CBI) is a fast-growing, woman-led, and youth-driven Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) founded in 2019 and presently operational in states within North-East, Nigeria. Our objectives are to save lives, alleviate the suffering of children, women, and other vulnerable people; and maintain human dignity during and in the aftermath of man-made crises and natural disasters; as well as to prevent and strengthen preparedness for the occurrence of such situations; and to promote the right of children, women and vulnerable people in the society. Our actions are multi-sectorial inclined, gender-sensitive, and socially inclusive.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Officer
Location: Damaturu, Yobe
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Finance Officer will be surpervised the Finance Coordinator to implementCBI’s Finance operations in Damaturu, which includes keeping track of the organization’s finances entering data into databases, preparation of financial statements, processing invoices, and supporting other employees throughout the accounting processes implemented by CBI.
- Update financial spreadsheets with daily transactions.
- Prepare balance sheets.
- Track and reconcile bank statements.
- Process Tax payments.
- Records account payable and receivable.
- Provide administrative support during budget preparation.
- Participate in quarterly and annual audits.
- Support monthly payroll and keep organized records.
- Any other duties that may be assigned from time by the supervisor.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Degree in Accounting or Finance and other relevant professional qualifications.
- Minimum of 2 years programming experience with relevant working experience, desirable in Accounting
- Proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills, calm, and a good sense of humor.
- Very good understanding of Accounting policies, strategies, and programs.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and representative skills (written, oral, cross-cultural).
- Strong knowledge of bookkeeping.
- Detail oriented.
- Proficiency in the use of computers (MS Word, Excel, Power Point Presentation).
- Ability to speak English fluently, Hausa and other local languages desirable.
Application Closing Date
31st July, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- By submitting your application for this position you agree to CBI ZERO Tolerance to:
- Sexual Harassment, Exploitation, Abuse and Child Abuse
- Our employees enjoy a work culture that promotes diversity and inclusion.
- Care Best Initiative (CBI)provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.
- This is emergency recruitment and we are looking to fill this role as soon as possible.
- Candidates available to start immediately are highly preferred.
- Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Kindly attach additional certificates that support or address the requirements listed for the position in one PDF format, Cover Letter, and CV together in one Word format.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.