JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. (JSI) is a public health management consulting and research organization dedicated to improving the health of individuals and communities throughout the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance and Operations Director (F & O Director)
- We are currently seeking a Finance and Operations Director (F&O Director) for the integrated project office in Nigeria.
- The Finance and Operations Director (F&O Director), located in Abuja, will manage the day-to-day finance and operations oversight of implementation of across JSI projects in Nigeria.
- S/he will work in close coordination with the Country Director/Chief of Party (COP) in the oversight of program functions, support and guidelines.
- The F&O Director will report to the Country Director/COP, with close collaboration with the Global country program support team.
- The project is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
The F&O Director will be responsible for the following:
- Program Implementation and Operations Management:
- Oversee and ensure efficient operations and sound financial management for the implementation of the project;
- Supervise and coordinate financial and operations teams to ensure timely achievement of project goals;
- Establish and oversee administrative, financial and personnel systems;
- Establish and oversee operations, financial and personnel systems;
- Develop approaches to contain costs, improve cost effectiveness and streamline financial management;
- Provide oversight for any procurement of equipment and commodities; and
- Build the capacity of local staff to handle internal project needs.
Finance and Budget Management:
- Ensure sound financial management of program, including oversight of cash flow and banking;
- Ensure that contractor financial controls and systems comply with generally accepted accounting practices and meet USAID standards;
- Budget management and financial oversight in coordination with CD/COP;
- Participate in the development of work plan budgets; monitor program expenditures through budget tracking, review of monthly financial reports, and periodic financial analyses;
- Prepare budgets and quarterly financial reports for the COP and USAID;
- Assist the team in coordinating to oversee transparent, cost-effective systems and to ensure cost effective implementation of activities;
- Submit monthly financial reports to home office;
- Review and approve all expense vouchers;
Procurement and Compliance:
- Ensure compliance with USAID regulations for project procurement and ongoing activities;
- Oversee sub-contract and consultant management and reporting;
- Supervise financial and operations providing strategic guidance to staff to ensure clear understanding and consistent implementation of contractual deliverables;
- Develop and maintain Employee and Operations Manuals and
- Assume other responsibilities deemed necessary by the CD/COP.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree (Master’s preferred). Degree in Management, Finance, International Development, or related field a plus.
- Experience: Minimum of ten (10) years’ experience (6 years USAID/USG funded) working as Finance & Operations Director for international development projects.
- Travel: Ability and willingness to travel domestically.
- Languages: Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- Leadership experience in the areas of financial, operations, and program management.
- Excellent interpersonal, supervisory skills, and demonstrated ability to manage professional relationships.
- Experience working with USAID rules and regulations is required.
- Experience in managing field office financial and administration and monitoring systems.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze, assess and organize information and communicate to a diverse audience effectively.
- Demonstrated understanding of relationships between program/technical function and operational management.
- Advanced proficiency in excel required, including experience creating and managing complex financial tracking systems.
- Excellent written and oral communications and negotiating skills;
- Demonstrated excellent attention to detail.
- Strong initiative and self-motivation required, with a commitment to teamwork and effectiveness within a nonhierarchical, participatory management environment.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their CV and Cover Letter in English and a list of three referees with contact details to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Finance & Operations Director”.
- JSI is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer committed to workplace diversity. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, gender, disability, marital status, gender identity, sexual orientation, sexual preference, genetic information, political affiliation, or protected veteran status in any employment decisions.
- Women are encouraged to apply.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.