Please note that the ICRC is not a UN-system organization.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral, and independent organization whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance. The ICRC is mandated to work in countries affected by armed conflict or other situations of violence. The ICRC is present in over 100 countries and has some 20,000 staff.
In 2014, the ICRC expanded its presence in Ukraine. We have over 900 staff working across the county in various professional fields.
About the job
The ICRC Logistics Department / Fleet Unit is recruiting a Driver Light Vehicles based in its Dnipro office. In close cooperation with the team members and line managers, the Driver Light Vehicles will mainly be responsible for transportation of people and goods in a safe and timely manner, in accordance with ICRC rules and regulations and national traffic laws.
Start date: Starting Date 09 October 2023 or as soon as possible
Your Tasks and Responsibilities
- Drive light vehicles to transport people and/or material in strict adherence to internal security rules and national traffic laws.
- Constantly monitor security conditions on the road.
- Ensure that goods are stored inside the vehicle according to local, international and ICRC safety standards (attachment and distribution of goods, etc.).
- Check their assigned vehicle(s)’ equipment, general functioning and body condition and ensure that it is kept fuelled and clean inside and out.
- Check that trips have been authorized where necessary.
- Immediately report accidents, defects and/or missing equipment to management.
- Can act as head of convoy as needed (in charge of the driver(s), application of security rules and timeframe for the convoy).
- Ensure that risks are mitigated by performing the controls assigned to his/her role as described in the Logistics Risk and Control Matrix.
What we offer you
- Employment contract according to Ukrainian labor law
- Flexible working arrangements
- Annual paid 20 working days’ vacation
- Competitive salary based on your qualification and experience between 23000 and 33000 UAH
- Medical insurance for employees and family
- ICRC Institutional training
- Individual development covered by ICRC
- Foreign language courses
- Convenient office location in the city center
To be successful as a Driver Light Vehicles in the Logistics Department / Fleet Unit, you should possess the following qualifications and experiences and have the following characteristics:
- Ukrainian citizenship or permanent residence permit in Ukraine
- Secondary school diploma.
- Driving license B held for at least 5 years with clean records.
- Driving license C, D1 (minibus) is an asset.
- Good knowledge of spoken & written English.
- Good knowledge of the geographically assigned environment.
- Masters 4/4 and VHF use.
- Basic knowledge of mechanics.
- Automobile maintenance experience.
- Experience in a similar position an asset.
- Self-motivated with a strong commitment to teamwork and humanitarian principles
- Flexible, enthusiastic, and willing to learn
- Ability to work independently, as well as effectively under supervision
- Confidence in managing projects and staff
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks
- Ability to work within a diverse team and establish and maintain good working relations in a multi-ethnic, multi-cultural, and multi-disciplinary environment
Interested? Yes? Then apply.
Please submit your CV in English, along with your motivation letter and salary expectations, to the attention of the ICRC People and Culture Team. Please label your CV with your first and last names (First Name LAST NAME).
In addition, please complete the compulsory ICRC questionnaire. The questionnaire is available through the following link: https://forms.office.com/e/APw3dvQMHJ.
(Click on the link or copy the link into your internet browser.)
Your application will be considered only once you have completed the ICRC questionnaire and uploaded your CV in English.
Application deadline: 17 September 2023
Only candidates meeting the abovementioned criteria will be considered and contacted for tests and/or interviews. No inquiries by phone, please. Due to the urgency of the position, the ICRC reserves the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline.
ICRC is Equal Opportunity Employer giving the highest priority to staff safety and security.
Qualified female and male candidates are encouraged to apply for the position.
For more information, visit the website: http://www.icrc.org/