Tetra Tech International Development (International Development Jobs – Tetra Tech), is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates for a Director of Operations position on an anticipated four-year USAID-funded task order in the West Bank.
The purpose of this activity is to improve Palestinians’ access to safe, reliable, sustainable, and climate resilient water services through: 1) the development and strengthening of the institutional capacity of the Hebron, Halhul, and Dura water utilities for sustainable, reliable, and climate-resilient water delivery service; 2) the implementation of strategic infrastructure works to support the objective of the activity; 3) the design and implementation of innovative solutions to expand the use of smart water management technologies for efficient, timely, and transparent water management; and 4) the design and implementation of innovative measures and public awareness campaigns to promote effective water governance at the utility and foster social behavioral change toward more efficient and responsible water use practices and trends. The Director of Operations will report to the Task Order Manager and will have the primary responsibility of ensuring the timely provision and delivery of all required project financial, administrative, compliance, and procurement support to Tetra Tech in the execution of the activity. This is expected to be a full-time position based in the West Bank.
* Ensures compliance of project operations with USAID, Tetra Tech Home Office, and other required administrative policies and guidelines.
* Oversees administration, finance, contracts, security and logistical support.
* Ensures timely provision and delivery of all financial, administrative, compliance, procurement, and subcontract considerations.
* On-boards staff in line with local labor laws.
* Ensure full compliance in maintaining the legal status of in-country registration during the life of the activity.
* Bachelor’s degree or higher in business administration, finance, accounting, or another related field; Master’s degree preferred.
* At least ten (10) years of relevant professional experience and demonstrated experience working on large (more than $45 million) USAID or donor-funded contracts with increasing responsibility.
* At least five (5) years of working experience in a senior supervisory role related to accounting, payroll, procurement, and logistical support services in West Bank & Gaza or a similar context.
* Advanced Excel skills and proficiency in accounting software such as QuickBooks.
* Excellent organizational skills and ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, stressful environment.
* Detail-oriented and able to prioritize tasks and support activity implementation while ensuring adherence to required policies and protocols.
* Professional proficiency in Arabic and English is required.
* Qualified applicants from Palestine are highly encouraged to apply.
How to apply
To be considered, please submit the following:
* Cover Letter
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech’s IDS ad posted.
Apply on-line at: https://bit.ly/3PBJYev
Please ensure that only the requested documents noted above are submitted. Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
Tetra Tech International Development is committed to safeguarding and technical excellence in equality and social inclusion. Our team of dedicated Gender, Youth, and Social Inclusion (GYSI) advisers work closely with our staff and partners to share international norms and best practices to improve the livelihoods of the world’s most marginalized groups. Tetra Tech International Development is especially interested in candidates that can contribute to our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) initiatives that aim to expand inclusion and an authentic sense of belonging to all our staff regardless of background.
We are dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please visit Tetra Tech’s Disability Assistance Page or contact our Global Talent Operations team. Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates.
Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 550 locations around the world. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees — 27,000 associates working together to provide smart, scalable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action/Americans with Disabilities/Veterans employer.