Management Systems International (MSI), a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area management consultancy with a 40-year history of delivering results for our clients. Our expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation; democracy and governance; peace and stability; rule of law and accountability; education; gender and inclusion; strategic communications; and leadership and organizational development.
MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Colombia, Indonesia, Jordan, Kenya, Mexico, Nigeria, Pakistan, Syria and Ukraine, and works domestically. We support clients ranging from the U.S. Government (e.g., the U.S. Agency for International Development, U.S. Department of Defense, U.S. Departments of State and Labor, and the Millennium Challenge Corporation) to large bilateral and multilateral donors (e.g., the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program). We also work with national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Data Quality Assessment Consultant, Nigeria Monitoring Project
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
- The USAID Nigeria Monitoring Project (NMP) is a third-party monitoring project, operating in the northeast states of Nigeria. With a main office in Abuja and a field office in Maiduguri, NMP will conduct a Data Quality Assessment (DQA) for a sample of five USAID Bureau for Humanitarian Assistance (BHA) implementing partners (IP) and selected performance indicators.
- The DQA will be implemented by examining BHA IP data collection and management systems and approaches (including the validity, reliability, timeliness, precision, and integrity of selected indicators) to learn whether these are likely to produce high-quality data over time.
- The project has developed methodologies and specific DQA approaches as prescribed by USAID and defined in requisite directives, which have been field-tested in previous DQA efforts on this project and will be shared with the chosen consultant to guide this work, to include interview guides and reporting templates.
- The Data Quality Assessment (DQA) Consultant will assist the project team with the DQA assignment. These services may be delivered in person either in Abuja or in Maiduguri.
- The purpose of the DQA is to address the following questions on each IP and for each selected performance indicator to facilitate accountability and learning:
- To what extent does the performance indicator meet the five standards of data quality?
- What are the strengths and weaknesses of IP-collected data and IP data collection systems and approaches? This position will work closely with the Chief of Party (COP) and the Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP).
- The estimated period of performance is for a period of three months, from September 2022 to November 2022, with 60 days of total billable effort.
- Support the MSI DQA team with the development of a final DQA schedule, which must be approved by the MSI DQA team prior to commencing the assessment.
- Conduct a desktop review of IP-provided documentation, including IP activity reports, Monitoring Evaluation and Learning (MEL) plans, performance indicator reference sheets, previous DQA reports, and more.
- Travel to Maiduguri, Borno State, to conduct in-person work or work remotely from the NMP main office in Abuja if in-person visits to IP offices prove to be impractical.
- Conduct DQA introductory sessions with IP offices, interview IP staff, review IP documentation, examine IP data collection systems, and perform other related tasks as directed by the DQA team.
- Complete draft DQA checklists for each IP and each indicator.
- Conduct a data analysis of the findings from each indicator assessed.
- Compose draft summaries that include DQA evidence, findings, and corrective recommendations, under the guidance provided by the DQA team.
- Complete a draft DQA report using a template provided by the MSI DQA team.
- Incorporate required corrective modifications to submitted deliverables for acceptance.
- Support the preparation and delivery of stakeholder DQA debriefing reports and in-person or virtual presentations, including small and large group presentations.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in International Affairs, Economics, Sociology, Social Science, or Statistics.
- A minimum of one year of experience developing data analysis plans required.
- Demonstrated experience leading or directly contributing to DQA assignments required.
- Demonstrated experience conducting quantitative and qualitative research in development and humanitarian context required.
- Experience working in emergency assistance sectors such as Health, Nutrition, Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (WASH), Food Assistance, Protection, and Emergency Shelter preferred.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate large amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy required.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite required.
- uency in verbal and written English as well as strong technical writing skills in English required.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Only Nigerian citizens are eligible for this position.
- MSI is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion. We strive to develop and maintain a culture that honors the perspectives and identities of our employees, our communities and those impacted by our work.
- We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law.
- In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.