- Purpose of consultancy
The WHO JECFA and JMPR secretariat requires a consultant to prepare for, organize and execute the technical work of these committees during 2023.
The Nutrition and Food Safety Department in coordination with FAO counterparts, is providing scientific advice to Codex Alimentarius for use in international standard setting for the safe levels of food contaminants, – additives, veterinary drug residues and pesticide residues in food in international trade. The scientific advice is generated through the work of several scientific committees.
The consultant is required to support the WHO secretariat in preparation, execution and follow up of JMPR and JECFA meetings and related activities, including to:
- Assist with data- and file management and setting up SharePoint sites for each meeting
- Support experts in accessing scientific data on SharePoint and familiarize themselves with working on the SharePoint
- Assist in setting up teleconferences and related activities in preparation or support JMPR and JECFA scientific committee meetings
- Assist in executing JMPR and JECFA meetings, including physical-, hybrid- and virtual meeting formats
- Assist in updating databases and webpage with outcome from scientific meetings
- Qualifications, experience, skills and languages
Essential: 1st level university degree in food science, toxicology, medicine or similar
Essential: At least one year of work experience in UN organizations
Essential: Knowledge of chemical food safety issues (i.e. residues of pesticides and veterinary drugs, contaminants and food additives)
Languages and level required
Essential:Expert knowledge of English language (oral and writing)
Desirable: Expert knowledge of another UN language
Off site: Home-based
The consultant is expected to travel
- Remuneration and budget (travel costs are excluded)
Remuneration: 4350 USD/ month, Full-time
Expected duration of contract: from 1 May to 31 December 2023 (8 months)
How to apply
Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by 6 March 2023.