General Description of the Organization:
Orange is a non-governmental civil society organization devoted to alleviating the suffering and improving the sustainability mechanisms of the conflict-affected population. Since its establishment, Orange partners directly with affected Syrian populations delivering programmes spanning sectors, including humanitarian and development programmes, in the Early Recovery, Food Security, Agriculture, Livelihoods, Education, and Protection, in addition to long term impact interventions focusing on the economic empowerment and the local value chains improvements to enable targeted communities to improve their living practices and their sustainable mechanisms.
Orange collaborates with variety of national and international non-governmental organizations, as well as local initiatives to adopt community-based approach that leads to improve the response’s impact to the humanitarian crisis and provides sustainable and alternative solutions.
We are seeking a dedicated and experienced Compliance and Internal Audit Coordinator to ensure that our operations in adhere to all relevant laws, regulations, and internal policies. The Compliance and Internal Audit Coordinator will be responsible for assessing and improving our compliance, conducting internal audits, and promoting a culture of integrity and ethical behavior within Orange.
Duties, objectives and competencies:
- Develop and maintain comprehensive compliance for Orange’s operations in Syria and Turkey.
- Stay updated on relevant laws and regulations in both countries and ensure compliance.
- Monitor changes in the regulatory environment and update policies and procedures accordingly.
- Conduct risk assessments to identify compliance issues and develop mitigation plans.
- Plan, execute, and report on internal audits to assess the effectiveness of internal controls.
- Identify areas of non-compliance and provide recommendations for improvement.
- Ensure audit findings are addressed promptly and adequately.
Policy Development and Communication:
- Develop and update compliance policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Communicate compliance policies and standards to all employees, ensuring awareness and understanding.
Training and Awareness:
- Provide compliance training to employees, including specific training on anti-corruption, data privacy, and other relevant topics.
- Promote a culture of ethics, integrity, and compliance within the organization.
Monitoring and Reporting:
- Prepare regular compliance reports for senior management and the CEO.
- Report any major compliance issues to the CEO and recommend corrective actions.
- Collaborate with external auditors, regulators, and authorities as necessary.
- Maintain positive relationships with relevant government agencies and industry organizations.
Documentation and Recordkeeping:
- Maintain accurate records of compliance activities, including audit reports, policies, and training documentation.
- Ensure all records are easily accessible for auditing purposes.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Law, or a related field. Master’s degree or relevant certifications preferred.
- Proven experience in compliance, internal audit, or a related field, preferably in the telecommunications industry.
- Strong knowledge of compliance regulations and requirements in Syria and Turkey.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively within a team.
- Attention to detail and a commitment to upholding the highest ethical standards.
- Proficiency in both English and Arabic (spoken and written) is essential.
- Willingness to travel to different locations in Syria and Turkey as needed.
Orange’s Values and Principles:
We believe that:
- Maintaining a positive, healthy, and trusting relationship are central to making the partnership a success.
- Appropriately trained and resourced staff and volunteers are key to effective and efficient service and program delivery in the development sector.
We are committed to:
- Shared responsibility, accountability, and decision-making in any partnership.
- Providing access to high-quality learning to empower people and professionals in the development sector, particularly in the developing world.
- Learning from each other to strengthen and enhance the long-term sustainability of our services and programs for the benefit of children and communities that we serve.
Child Safeguarding & PSEAH policy
Orange aims to create an organization that is safe for children and women but is also aware of the need to keep child protection concerns proportionate and to guard against over-zealous attitudes. Child and women abuse thrives in closed and secretive atmospheres. Orange’s best protection is to create an open and aware culture where people are not afraid to speak about their concerns.
Any employee, consultant, contractor or the supplier undertaking an activity on behalf of Orange must sign the Child Safeguarding and PSEA– Declaration of Acceptance Form and comply with the Orange child safeguarding and PSEAH Policy which is a statement of Orange commitment to preventing abuse and protecting children with whom it comes into.
How to apply
• Kindly submit your application through this link: https://apps.orange.ngo/jobs/apply/5588dfdc-90eb-426c-b917-6a078f14169d
• Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Should you not have heard from us within two weeks after the application deadline, please consider your application as being unsuccessful.
•The position is to be filled ASAP.
• Women are highly encouraged to apply for this position.