World Vision International
With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 33,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
Here’s where you come in:
World Vision seeks a Child Protection Specialist – UCR, Ukraine for the USAID-funded, ACTED-led Ukraine Response Consortium (“Addressing the immediate multi-sectoral humanitarian needs of IDPs and conflict-affected populations inside Ukraine”). You will responsible for overseeing and supporting child protection activities implemented by partners or directly by World Vision, including the BHA-funded consortium in Ukraine for CP monitoring, trainings, and reporting. The project will contribute to increasing the coping, resilience, and response capacities of conflict-affected individuals in Ukraine, through immediate relief activities and information management support. The project will be implemented by ACTED (prime recipient), IMPACT (through REACH and PANDA), Estonia Refugee Council, CARE (and national implementing partners), World Vision (and national implementing partners), and Right to Protection (R2P) across the west, east, north/central, and south regions of Ukraine.
- Master’s degree in social science, social work, humanitarian protection or any other relevant degree
- At minimum 7 years working as a child protection specialist in humanitarian contexts
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, analytic skills, interpersonal skills, team management skills.
- Previous experience local staff in conflict zones.
- Previous experience of programs implemented in Middle East/Eastern Europe region is highly desirable.
- Previous experience managing sub-contractors is highly desirable.
- Previous experience implementing a U.S. Government program is desirable.
- Strong skills in oral and written English.
- Ukrainian or Russian of advantage.
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 40% of the time.
How to apply
Is this the job for you?
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position and apply online by the closing date 30 NOV 2023.
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org. Our vision for every child, life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every heart, the will to make it so.