Founded in 2002, TRIAL International is a non-governmental organization that fights impunity for international crimes and supports victims in their quest for justice. The organization provides legal assistance, conducts investigations, seizes justice, develops the capacities of local actors and advocates for human rights.
In addition to its headquarters in Geneva, TRIAL International has offices in the Democratic Republic of the Congo, Bosnia and Herzegovina and organizes field missions around the world. With an annual budget of nearly CHF 4 million, the organization receives diversified funding from public donors, private foundations, international organizations and individual donations.
In order to support the external relations department and support the growth of the organization, we are looking for a responsible for experienced donor relations at 90-100%, based in Geneva.
As responsible for donor relations, you manage the grant contracts and maintain the relationship of existing institutional and private donors in order to consolidate and maintain the existing portfolio. You will also contribute to the identification and prospecting strategy of new donors and funding in collaboration with Director Funding and Communication.
YOUR MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACTIVITIES
- Ensure the management of grant contracts, including administrative monitoring, reporting deadlines, consolidation and qualitative review of reports and facilitation of project audits ;
- Act as focal point of the lessor relationship concerning questions relating to the management of financing contracts, master all of the lessor requirements and ensure that they are understood and respected by project managers and any other relevant person ;
- Participate in the funding effort, including by identifying potential new institutional and private ( donors ) or funding opportunities and consolidating and qualitative reviewing funding requests ;
- Ensure updating and improvement of various internal management tools monitoring grants and funding, as well as safeguarding key documents.
- Holds a higher education or equivalent diploma in human rights, law, international relations, political science, or other relevant field ;
- Experience of at least 5 years in a similar function, ideally within an NGO specializing in human rights ;
- Great editorial fluency in English and French and experience confirmed in the drafting of funding requests and reports to institutional donors ;
- Strong analytical and synthesis capacity ;
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work with people from diverse cultural and social backgrounds ;
- Excellent mastery of English and French, both oral and written ;
- Proven ability to manage contingencies and multiple maturities.
In order to be able to consider your application, you must imperatively be a Swiss, European Union or EFTA national or for the benefit of a work permit in Switzerland.
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
A position of responsibility within a dynamic and growing organization. An exciting mission within a multidisciplinary team made up of competent and motivated people.
- Department: External relations
- Hierarchical attachment: Director Funding and Communication
- Workplaces: Geneva, Switzerland
- Activity rate: 90-100% ( 36 to 40 hours per week )
- Type of contract: Open-ended contract
- Entry into office: November 1 or to be agreed
The conditions of engagement offered correspond to those in force in the NGO sector, with 5 weeks of annual leave and flexible working arrangements, to find a balance between your needs and those of the organization.
How to apply
We look forward to receiving your application. Please send us a complete file ( cover letter of a maximum page, CV including two professional references with telephone number and email, diplomas and certificates ) à [email protected] by Wednesday October 4, 2023 midnight ( CET ).
Only complete files sent before the filing deadline will be taken into account. We only contact the successful applicants for the rest of the process.
We invite you to send your CV without a photo.