The Auditor is an experienced professional who will be part of an audit team comprising experienced professionals in the Audit Unit of the OIG. They may also lead smaller engagements.
Under the general supervision of the Audit Manager and while working on specific engagements under the supervision of the Lead Auditor, the Auditor will:
- Lead or function as a team member to plan and implement audits and advisory reviews at the Global Fund Secretariat and in implementing countries in accordance with IIA Standards; Including:
- Prepare or support the preparation of audit risk assessments to define the scope and objectives of audit and advisory engagements
- Prepare working papers for review by the lead auditor or audit manager and ensure audit procedures are evidenced and documented in line with IIA standards
- Review working papers prepared by assisting auditors or external consultants for subsequent review by the lead auditor or audit manager
- Lead or support the management of external consultants when required on audits and advisory reviews;
- Identify potential risk areas and internal control weaknesses in the course of audits;
- Lead or support the process to debrief key stakeholders on key audit and advisory findings;
- Draft portions of the audit reports for assignment or portion of assignment;
- Monitor actions taken by management in response to audit work and reviews, ensuring effective follow up;
- Take initiative in identifying appropriate audit tools, best practices, and identify/perform tasks aimed at ensuring that the audit/assignments are conducted in accordance with IIA and/or ISSAI standards;
- Support the training and induction of staff and consultants.
Subject to change by the Inspector General at any time at their sole discretion.
- University degree or equivalent in Accounting/Business Administration, Economics or related fields.
- Internal audit certification and/or certification from an internationally recognized accountancy body.
- Experience in audit or a related area such as finance, accounting, business administration/analysis, program/project evaluation and monitoring; and
- Experience working with multiple sectors, such as international organizations, governments, civil society and the private sector.
- Over five years’ experience in audit or a related area such as finance, accounting, business administration/analysis, program/project evaluation and monitoring;
- Experience conducting audits in developing countries;
- Experience in international development; and
- Experience and knowledge related to public health, AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria.
Languages: An excellent knowledge of English and preferably a good working knowledge of French. Knowledge of other languages would be an asset.
- Global Fund awareness and mind-set – Helicopter View
- Service orientation – Problem Solving
- Drive for results – Proactive Approach
- Collaboration – Building Relationships
- Interaction – Impactful Communication
- Adaptability – Flexibility
Functional Competencies: Global Fund Strategic Understanding
- Business – Mastery Level
- Country Context – Foundation Level
- Disease Knowledge– Foundation Level
- Governance understanding– Mastery Level
- Industry awareness– Foundation Level
Global Fund Functional Understanding
- Finance– Foundation Level
- IT– Foundation Level
- Procurement and Supply Chain– Foundation Level
- Operational Policy – Foundation Level
- Multicultural understanding– Foundation Level
Audit Related Skills
- Analytics– Mastery Level
- Due Diligence– Foundation Level
- Risk– Foundation Level
Core Audit Skills
- Internal Control Knowledge– Foundation Level
- Internal Audit Methodology– Mastery Level
- Root Cause Analysis– Mastery Level
- Audit recommendations– Mastery Level
- Business Process Analysis– Mastery Level
- Fraud prevention and detection– Foundation Level
Special Travel Requirements
The position may require frequent travel and stays of sometimes up to one month conducting audits covering program and project sites in developing countries.
The Global Fund recruits top-tier talent for our open positions, in support of our mission to end AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria as epidemics.
Explore our vacancies and apply on the Global Fund Careers recruitment system.
More information on working at the Global Fund is available on the Careers section of our main website.
Job Posting End Date
17 September 2023