Assistant in environmental procedures ( 7 positions in Campeche, Mérida and Cancun )
Job advertisement : Aug 21/2023
Publication cancellation date : Sep 4, 2023, 9:59:00 PM
Organizational Unit: FLMEX
Job type : Temporary work
Requirement Type: NPP ( National Project Personnel )
Grade Level: N / A
Main location : Various places
Duration: 3 months ( with high probability of extension )
Position Number: N / A
FAO seeks to ensure gender, geographic and linguistic diversity among its staff and its international consultants, in order to serve the Member States of the Organization in the best possible way in all regions.
- FAO is committed to achieving diversity in its workforce in terms of sex, nationality, origin and culture.
- Women, nationals of under-represented or under-represented Member States and persons with disabilities with the necessary qualifications are encouraged to submit their applications.
- All persons working for FAO must comply with the highest standards of professional integrity and conduct and uphold FAO’s values.
- FAO, as a specialized agency of the United Nations, applies a zero tolerance policy for conduct incompatible with its statute, objectives and mandate, in particular sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination.
- All selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
- All requests will be treated with the strictest confidentiality.
The project “ Implementation and strengthening of the sustainable management of Natural Protected Areas ” constitutes the pilot phase of the CONANP-FAO collaboration that seeks to contribute to strengthening the system of Natural Protected Areas in Mexico. Through this project, specific strengthening mechanisms will be generated in the management and management of Natural Protected Areas for a better sustainable use of natural resources, strengthen the institutional relations of CONANP and improve processes that allow a direct impact on management effectiveness indicators, while building connectivity mechanisms, generating strategic alliances and actions to safeguard biodiversity and natural wealth.As a general result of the project, CONANP is expected to adopt the instruments to improve institutional efficiency and participatory governance for effective management of current and projected NPAs, through four products:
- Product 1. Prepared and transferred the proposal to improve the strategic Institutional Capacity ( CI ) ( includes the identification of gaps or deficits of IQ, of areas of opportunity, roadmap and established processes ) for the institutional efficiency of CONANP related to the management of Natural Protected Areas.
- Product 2. Generated and consolidated instruments and mechanisms to strengthen governance and citizen participation in Natural Protected Areas.
- Product 3. The proposal to increase the ecological representativeness and connectivity of ecosystems under protection has been prepared and implemented: Incorporation of new ANPs, strengthening of existing ones and ADVC certification.
- Product 4. The operational processes for the prioritization and efficient, timely and articulated development of strategic projects within the ANP in the project implementation territories are designed, validated and transferred.
Under the supervision of the Assistant Program Representative
Field of specialization
Tasks and responsibilities
The main task in charge of the Assistant in environmental procedures is to ensure the correct articulation of technical and administrative actions at the territory level ( ANP ), using a multidisciplinary approach when detonating actions in favor of ANPs, which will include issues of conservation, governance, social linkage, project management, among others.
The Assistant in environmental procedures will have the following functions:
- Review and verify the adequate integration of files that prove ownership for the change of land use in forest land.
- Verify that the documentation of said files is complete so that, where appropriate, the owners are sought to replace or clarify the missing documents.
- Maintain control and storage of the physical files of the owners who have forest estates for change of land use of forest land.
- Implement and monitor the work plan in the ANP defined by CONANP to ensure compliance with the objectives of the projects defined jointly by the institution and the communities.
- Technically supervise the implementation in the field of conservation, restoration, governance, social linkage, project management, among others.
- Prepare and present activity reports that fully describe the actions carried out at the ANP level for the implementation and monitoring of projects.
- Other tasks that CONANP or FAO require according to their competences and project needs.
THE CANDIDATES WILL BE EVALUED IN ARRANGE TO THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA:
- University degree in environmental sciences: administrative sciences, forest sciences, ecology, among other related ones. Desirable to have a postgraduate degree in related areas.
- Minimum experience of 3 years in the execution of field projects related to environmental issues, administrative and project monitoring issues or ANP management and management of multidisciplinary teams.
- Practical knowledge of Spanish and limited knowledge of English.
- Mexican nationality.
FAO core competencies
- Results-based approach
- Building effective relationships
- Knowledge exchange and continuous improvement
Technical / functional skills
- Experience in strategic issues such as planning, administration, development of indicators, among others
- Solid knowledge on topics useful for the project, such as governance and citizen participation, administrative management, ANP regulations, development and implementation of inter-institutional strategies related to conservation, environmental restoration and/or connectivity.
- FAO does not charge fees at any stage of the recruitment process ( application, interview, processing ).
- Incomplete applications will not be taken into account. If you need help or have questions, contact: [email protected]
- Applications received after the expiration of the application deadline will not be accepted.
- We inform you that FAO will only consider academic degrees or credentials obtained from a teaching institution included in the World Database on Higher Education, which is a list maintained by the International Association of Universities ( IAU ) / UNESCO. The list can be consulted at: www.whed.net/
- For any other questions visit the FAO website on employment: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/es/ .
It is noted that all candidates should adhere to the Organization’s values of commitment to FAO, respect for all and integrity and transparency.
PRESENTATION OF REQUESTMENTS
- If you want to apply, go to the FAO Recruitment Website ( Employment in FAO ) and complete your online profile.
- Incomplete applications will not be taken into account. Only applications received through the contracting portal will be considered.
- We advise candidates to submit their application sufficiently in advance of the expiration of the term.
- If you need help, contact: [email protected].
IN THE LOCALS OF FAO IT IS FORBIDDEN TO SMOKE