Position Title: Administrative Assistant
Duty Station: Geneva, Switzerland
Classification: General Service Staff, Grade G5
Type of Appointment: Special short-term graded, nine months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: 02 February 2023
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Under the overall supervision of the Director Department of Human Resources (DHR) and direct supervision of the Head, Integrated Talent Management Unit (ITMU), the Administrative Assistant will coordinate all administrative related work of the Unit.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Provide administrative and secretarial support to the ITMU, including the coordination of meeting requests and handling travel arrangements.
- Operate as a focal point for HR information, format and coordinate the HR newsletter and other relevant HR communications and publications including the ‘Who is Who’ and HR presentations in coordination with co-editors and relevant Units. Ensure that the end product is both substantively sound and presented in an attractive and effective manner.
- Prepare regular and ad hoc reports on workforce statistics for the Division. Independently extract, prepare, and present data from the ERP System HR or other sources of information, which may include staff surveys, working in coordination with the HR Units in Panama City and Manila.
- Draft correspondence and documentations in English and French. Proofread, compile, format, summarize and present documents and information such as reports, graphics and statistics.
- Assist the Unit in the preparation of contracts and travel requests and travel claims.
- Perform such other duties as may be required.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- University degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, Finance, Accounting, Management, or a related field from an accredited academic institution with three years of relevant professional experience; or,
- Completed High school/Secondary school education with five years of relevant professional experience.
- Professional accounting certification would be a strong advantage.
- At least three years (five years for completed high school/secondary school education) of experience providing administrative support in the context of a large organization;
- Experience with procurement processes;
- Experience in organizing conferences and events; and,• Experience in an accounting role would be an advantage.
- Thorough knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.); and,
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office collaboration tools (Teams, SharePoint) would be a strong advantage.
IOM’s official languages are English, French and Spanish.
For this position, fluency in English and working knowledge of French is required (oral and written). Working knowledge of Spanish is an advantage.
Proficiency of language(s) required will be specifically evaluated during the selection process, which may include written and/or oral assessments.
Accredited Universities are the ones listed in the UNESCO World Higher Education Database (https://whed.net/home.php).
Values – all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
IOM’s competency framework can be found at this link.
Competencies will be assessed during a competency-based interview.
Internal candidates of the Organization will be considered as first-tier candidates.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Please be advised that this is a local position and as such only qualified Swiss nationals or candidates residing in Switzerland or neighbouring France will be considered.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances. Subject to certain exemptions, vaccination against COVID-19 will in principle be required for individuals hired on or after 15 November 2021. This will be verified as part of the medical clearance process.
Vacancies close at 23:59 local time Geneva, Switzerland on the respective closing date. No late applications will be accepted.
How to apply
To apply, interested applicants are invited to submit their applications HERE via the IOM e-Recruitment system by 02 February 2023.
IOM only accepts duly completed applications submitted through the IOM e-Recruitment system. The online tool also allows candidates to track the status of their application.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For further information please refer to: www.iom.int/recruitment
From 20.01.2023 to 02.02.2023
IOM does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, processing, training or other fee). IOM does not request any information related to bank accounts.
Requisition: SVN 2023 01 (GS) Administrative Assistant (G5) Geneva, Switzerland (57936235) Released
Posting: Posting NC57936236 (57936236) Released