Who we are:
Peace is our commitment. The United States Institute of Peace represents the American people’s shared values and commitment to peace around the world. We know that Peace is Security – it advances both U.S. and international security by preventing, managing, and mitigating violent conflict.
We are an independent, non-partisan institution and are actively engaged with peacebuilding efforts around the world. Together we tackle the toughest problems and hold fast to the possibility of a more peaceful world.
If you have a passion for making the world a better place and want to have a front-row seat on the world stage, USIP is the place for you.
USIP seeks an Administrative and Finance Assistant to provide day-to-day administrative support to USIP’s field office in Thailand. The Assistant maintains financial records, liaises with local vendors, manages logistics, prepares administrative and financial reports, supports public events, conducts due diligence, and undertakes other tasks as assigned. This is a full-time position based in Bangkok and reports to USIP’s Administration and Financial Manager while also working closely with other Burma and Southeast Asia team members.
Administration and Logistics
* Serves as the program’s point of contact for domestic and international travel arrangements, lodging accommodations, and support for staff and invitational travelers in Thailand.
* Provides administrative and logistical support for USIP events and project related meetings.
* Makes travel arrangements for USIP participants and staff.
* Helps maintain clear communication between the DC and regional field staff teams through regular email contact and meetings via Zoom.
* Translates simple documents between English and Thai.
* Purchases food, refreshments, and office supplies, as needed.
* Maintains office inventory and stocks of office supplies.
* Monitors the asset management tracker to ensure all procurement and disposal of USIP property are done and recorded accurately and in accordance with established policies and procedures.
* Maintains hard and electronic office files and records.
* Assists the team in scheduling, photocopying/scanning and filing paperwork and other routine tasks.
Finance and Procurement
* Assists program staff with budget and contract management, tracking and support, including requisitions, cash requests, and invoice and expense processing.
* Helps coordinate payments, invoices, and international fund transfer requests with USIP HQ.
* Request contracts in USIP computer system; coordinate with program teams around management of partner finances and contract compliance and management.
* Remains up to date with USIP finance policies, processes, and procedures and coordinates contracting efforts with DC-based staff.
Performs other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor’s degree in business administration, finance, accounting, public policy, or related field.
* One (1) or more years of related business or administrative experience, and familiarity with general personnel practices, admin/finance procedures, and coordination of major office activities required.
* Native proficiency in Thai language, excellent writing and speaking skills in English.
* Strong skills in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly MS Word, MS Outlook, and MS Excel.
* Strong time management skills with the ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines.
* Demonstrated ability to develop effective working relationships and strong interpersonal skills, including cross-cultural communication.
This is a Personal Services Contractor position.
All USIP contract and employee positions are contingent upon the favorable completion of a suitability background investigation.
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this position, please submit a complete application package consisting of:
1. Completed employment application including titles, dates of hire and salary requirements.
2. Cover letter
Only those applicants that are selected for further discussions will be contacted.
No Phone Calls. Interviews will be scheduled by appointment only.
USIP is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy and practice of USIP to offer equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, age, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, HIV/AIDS status, political affiliations or belief, pregnancy, or any other characteristic protected by law.